• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

Mr_Zombie

Why do they keep changing Jill's look? Her REmake/Umbrella Chronicles appearance is perfect as is, so please Capcom, leave Jill alone :(.

Jill should look like Julia Voth:
254wx1t.jpg

She looks nothing like her now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I might pick up the title later, on the cheap. I'll have Ocarina to play, and my gigantic backlog can't take another game that I have only mild interest in. Looking forward to impressions though.

Speaking of faces I just realized that at the official japanese site they updated claire's art. Left is new, right is old.

She looks a million times better.

Shalashaska161 said:
So how does this game control? Do you use the touch screen to aim, or the circle pad?

Touch screen isn't used to aim at all, it's used to select items, it was when I played it at PAX in March.

Hyped to buy! Can't wait til the 28 , grrrrrr hurry the f up

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
SuperSonic1305 said:
Removing modes to sell as standalone "games" at full price. No thanks, BRO.

For a lot of people, Mercenaries isn't a "mode"; it's been the real game for a while now.

Spinning Mercenaries off into its own raw arcade score attack multiplayer series is actually a good move. There's more stages and content in this than the Mercenaries mode in past RE games.

The only thing that makes it look cheap, is the fact that it's reusing level assets from RE4 and 5. It's clearly suffering from launch window syndrome of short development time.

I'll give them one free pass because Mercenaries is so inherently awesome and addictive. After this, if they're serious about it becoming its own series, we need to see the next game (on whatever platform) craft new stages and environments, and a bit more of a framework for a team of gunmen traveling around to hot spots in the RE universe and having ultimate showdowns of ultimate destiny.

It'd be really cool to see a console Mercenaries game in which you manage an entire mercenary corporation, and send "agents" to various trouble spots to put out fires and extract items/people, using funds and experience to upgrade the company, "hire" new characters, and so forth. A lot could be done with the Mercenaries concept.

Jawmuncher

I just hope this shows capcom that there's room to make a even bigger Mercenaries game.

I'd love to see one that has level and characters from all the games.

fionel

Jawmuncher said:
I'd love to see one that has level and characters from all the games.

That's what I originally thought this game would be. I'm ok about not having all the characters as their gameplay differences are not that substantial, but not only does this not have all the stages, some stages are even made smaller than they originally were from what I heard. This really put me on the fence from wanting it day-1.

Magnus

devastatorprime said:
Speaking of faces I just realized that at the official japanese site they updated claire's art. Left is new, right is old.

She looks a million times better.

100% agreed. Damn.

warpaint

Thinking this may get to buy a 3DS it looks and sounds fun anyone know a date for when itys out inthe UK or Euro

Salsa

why does the thread title say Resident Evil, but then the character appereances say Biohazard?

IT BOTHERS ME

cvxfreak

SalsaShark said:
why does the thread title say Resident Evil, but then the character appereances say Biohazard?

IT BOTHERS ME

Because many filthy Westerners don't realize BIOHAZARD IS THE SUPERIOR NAME. So, we must lure people into the thread with the Western title. :(

Sorry, it's a fan thing.

I'm fine with Jill as long as her hair stays brown.

What's funny to me is the reverse whitewashing some of the female characters seem to be experiencing.

Sadist

So I'm guessing Leon is not buying drinks eh? No show. :(

I liked what I played. Soon as I get a 3DS, will be one of the two titles I'll buy. (Other one being OoT 3D)

KevinCow

Banned
why does the op keep calling it biohazard

it's called resident evil outside of japan

this isn't a japanese board

stop being a weaboo

i will be there day one. i will be shooting ganado's in the face as Becky, and i will be laughing at hilariously meek looking melee attacks the first 100 times i see them.

<3 Becky.

yep. faith in the game confirmed with that video of a good player taking it for a spin.

though don't draw too much from the enemy count. one of the reason it looks like theres a bunch of enemies is because he's killing them so quickly. there still only seems to be a handful at a time.

but from the looks of it, it won't really hurt the game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'll be waiting till this hits the bargain bins. It's a lazy product and the absence of Leon just makes it easier to ignore.

plagiarize said:
yep. faith in the game confirmed with that video of a good player taking it for a spin.

though don't draw too much from the enemy count. one of the reason it looks like theres a bunch of enemies is because he's killing them so quickly. there still only seems to be a handful at a time.

but from the looks of it, it won't really hurt the game.

But they seem to keep them constantly coming, which is a good thing. There probably won't be more than 5 or 6 enemies present at once.
Kuran said:
Might hold out for NGP version after the press blowout today..

Happy waiting then.

Mr_Zombie said:
People has been playing RE5 Mercenaries more than the main campaign. I myself spent lots of hours mowing down Majinis in Mercenaries mode with my friend.

How exactly was this figured out or just people pulling out numbers of their own experience? And doesn't it make more sense players would be playing the repeatable mode and MP in games much longer than single player campaigns in pretty much everything nowadays?

Top Bottom