• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Beta : Impressions and Discussion

sleepykyo

Mooreberg said:
UGH too many unlock resets. Does the ammo resupply ability no longer add hedgehog mines? It seems like that was the case a few days ago but I can't retry it again until I unlock more stuff.... again.

Last night, it still did. Ran into a couple of players setting up shop in the house (across the church) on Seaside.

patsu

MuseManMike said:
Are there GAF games going right now?

I see sleepykyo and Pikma in the game. Not sure if they are playing together though. Send them an XMB message (dojikyo and Pikman respectively).

rdrr gnr

Pikma said:
I have to leave, the game is refreshingly fun now btw. :D
see you guys (I'm the only girl, am I not?) later tonight! :)
Sounds good. It feels great to have competent teammates for once. We'll have to do chain reaction.

Violater said:
Violater is online and beers are flowing lets go go go
Want inv?

Violater

Violater is online and beers are flowing lets go go go

Edit: I think its pretty stupid the way the scoreboard cannot be turned off at the ending sequence of matches or even the kill cams.

Loudninja

The Atomizer is a fun weapon doesn't have much range which is good.Sine it can effect multiple enemies damage should be tone down a little.Mn IG make some of the best weapons.

Edit:Maybe not its like it balance really even at max is not no overkill weapon,I get the same amount of kills with any other weapon.

Kambing

Is anyone up for a game?

I transferred over my PS3 data onto a new PS3 and lost the chat room, that is why i am asking here.

PSN ID is: Kesucian

patsu

Pikma said:
I have to leave, the game is refreshingly fun now btw. :D
see you guys (I'm the only girl, am I not?) later tonight! :)

[Shine "Batman" light into the night sky]

Hey James Stevenson, is there anyway to tell the Sony folks to increase the beta server size ? It's almost like a slideshow tonight. That's the problem with dedicated server gaming if the server is underpowered. RFOM was like that when the servers were reduced in the late stage. We are at the beginning of R3, should be building up the servers. You will need time to install the servers ahead of the mob right ?

It gives a very bad (first) impression of the game. And haters are laughing at the game and us. T_T

patsu

sleepykyo said:
That atomizer is amazing. Thankfully it still shows up during cloak.

New weapon should be nicknamed "The Vaccuum Cleaner".

At one point, 4 dudes were "vaccuming" in the same damn house. LOL.
I got out of there as fast as possible. The weapon should make loud noise so that we can avoid it ahead of time. *nod* *nod*

Loudninja

patsu said:
[Shine "Batman" light into the night sky]

Hey James Stevenson, is there anyway to tell the Sony folks to increase the beta server size ? It's almost like a slideshow tonight. That's the problem with dedicated server gaming if the server is underpowered. RFOM was like that when the servers were reduced in the late stage. We are at the beginning of R3, should be building up the servers. You will need time to install the servers ahead of the mob right ?

It gives a very bad (first) impression of the game. And haters are laughing at the game and us. T_T
Umm thats odd its been fine on my end.

patsu

Loudninja said:
Umm thats odd its been fine on my end.

It's bad at my end. And I'm on a corporate network.

I played better at home, on Comcast network.

If performance is fine on your side, then it's not a server problem. Something network related. I wonder whether my corporate network guys are doing something...

Was the game laggy for you Violator, dojikyo and vMR_Xv ?

Loudninja

patsu said:
It's bad at my end. And I'm on a corporate network.

I played better at home, on Comcast network.

If performance is fine on your side, then it's not a server problem. Something network related. I wonder whether my corporate network guys are doing something...

Was the game laggy for you Violator, dojikyo and vMR_Xv ?
I had some lag earlier it got better though.

patsu

Kambing said:
Is anyone up for a game?

I transferred over my PS3 data onto a new PS3 and lost the chat room, that is why i am asking here.

PSN ID is: Kesucian

I just dropped you another friends invite for the chatroom invitation.

patsu

Loudninja said:
I had some lag earlier it got better though.

*shrug* Insomniac will have to work it through with Sony. The lag is real. I only encountered it today. And can only report what I saw as issues.

patsu

The turret is cool. Is it an alt-fire thing ? Or a separate weapon ?

I was hoping they give us EMP nade though. ^_^

patsu

Have a question.

How do we tell who's the party leader from the UI ? Does it pick the dude with the best network as the leader ? Or is it the first guy who set it up ?

Violater

Dude with the hat in the party lobby before we go into the match lobby
patsu said:

Ability takes the electric hoop slot

Loudninja said:
I am done for tonight Violater ;)

Not sure how people get them selfs kill by those lol.

Run into a room full of campers and drop it like a hot fart and bail out the window lol profit!

sleepykyo

patsu said:

The large turrets are a perk. It's the decoy/doppelganger slot. Isn't there a way to tell who is talking? In our matches it was probably Violater since he was the only one with his mic on, but that won't always be the case.

sleepykyo said:
The large turrets are a perk. It's the decoy/doppelganger slot. Isn't there a way to tell who is talking? In our matches it was probably Violater since he was the only one with his mic on, but that won't always be the case.
As far as I can tell the only way to see who's talking is to go into the mute/report section of the start menu. It really bothers me too.

Violater

sleepykyo said:

Then just say "hey who the fuck is that talking?" :p

If you hit select you will see the mics lit up beside someones name.

Top Bottom