• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Beta : Impressions and Discussion

Pikma

Banned
patsu said:
Have a question.

How do we tell who's the party leader from the UI ? Does it pick the dude with the best network as the leader ? Or is it the first guy who set it up ?

I'm quite sure it's the person who sets it up. :)

patsu

Violater said:
Then just say "hey who the fuck is that talking?" :p

Why yes, if you're lost, you ask around or read the map.

If you don't know who's talking, just yell at everyone. 8^P

If you hit select you will see the mics lit up beside someones name.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks !

Pikma

Banned
I can imagine the full IG office laughing at every and each one of the complaints about shields, shotguns being too powerful. Now that we have a broaden view of the MP, shields, shotguns and leapers don't seem that invincible after all. :p

patsu

You and your vacuum cleaner ! ^_^

Ok, we partied up another round tonight. The lag was gone, until the last round where it came back again. Perhaps someone in the game has very high ping ? It may not be my local network issues because pwonager experienced the same thing.

EDIT: and Pikma too !

Pikma

Banned
patsu said:
You and your vacuum cleaner ! ^_^

Ok, we partied up another round tonight. The lag was gone, until the last round where it came back again. Perhaps someone in the game has very low ping ? It may not be my local network issues because pwonager experienced the same thing.

Hahaha I'm Luigi and well, you know the rest. :p

I experienced it too, but wasn't that big, at least not for me.
BUT I have a new issue to report, JStevenson, while I was in a match, a teammate jumped over me (he was on one of the roofs), and he literally pushed half of my character's body below the surface and I got STUCK on there, couldn't move that much, but I still could fire my weapon, enemies could see me since they shot at me, I had to kill myself with a grenade. :(

FredFish

There seems to be a bug in Chain Reaction. Several times the game went into a "freeze" when switching sides after the first round. I can see the five objective symbols and the score counter in the upper right but the rest of the screen is black. Voice chat works but the match won't proceed. Have to xmb quit the game to get out of the loop

rdrr gnr

Absolutely awfully. The lag/framerate is worse than it's ever been for me. I'm still sold on the game, but I enjoyed it more before these last few patches. I think I'm done until launch.

Loudninja

The alt fire of the Atomizer is so fun to use, is like a basketball. I shot it in a window it bounce off a wall and landed right near and enemy lovely!

I cant join any matches tonight. It either freezes up or it just sits on the screen with the map name that looks like a crumbled piece of paper. I hate that every time they update something it makes it hard to join.

Loudninja

yankeehater said:
I cant join any matches tonight. It either freezes up or it just sits on the screen with the map name that looks like a crumbled piece of paper. I hate that every time they update something it makes it hard to join.
Just wait.

JB1981

MuseManMike said:
Absolutely awfully. The lag/framerate is worse than it's ever been for me. I'm still sold on the game, but I enjoyed it more before these last few patches. I think I'm done until launch.
This was my impression after updating to 2.04.
Framerate took a shit and the lag is worse.

Tambini

I finally started playing this after my PS3 started connecting to the network again.

First impressions are good. The graphics are a little rough and kind of blurry but it is a mulitplayer beta so I don't mind so much.

I find the gameplay is a cross between Fall of Man and 2, which is good because I loved both games. The killstreaks don't unbalance the game as far as I have seen.
I got the game on preorder but I haven't decided whether I will keep the game after I complete single player or not. I guess I will play more of the beta to try decide.

patsu

darkwing said:
I really think the lag is because they didn't add servers after the PS+ people got it, it was fine before

Hope so !

I ran into tha_con again (argh !).

tha_con's mutator is hard to deal with. 8^(

... like Pikma's atomizer.

Tambini said:
I finally started playing this after my PS3 started connecting to the network again.

First impressions are good. The graphics are a little rough and kind of blurry but it is a mulitplayer beta so I don't mind so much.
When you're playing a "beta" 2 weeks before the release date you shouldn't be expecting the graphics to look different in the final game.

Pikma

Banned
patsu said:
Hope so !

I ran into tha_con again (argh !).

tha_con's mutator is hard to deal with. 8^(

... like Pikma's atomizer.

Who's that "Pikma"? I heard she was good. :O

Today I realized I'm a pretty bad sniper. :(

Kambing

I don't think i have it in me to play anymore, LOL. I feel like i have burnt my self on the two maps, despite the new abilities. I may jump in when my mic arrives sometime next week. Kind of sucks that there will only be 4 MP maps(?).

rdrr gnr

I hope Insomniac doesn't pull some EA shit the first week... get extra server space so people who actually bought your game new can enjoy it. Regardless, it should be fun with a GAF party vs. randoms. Hope the other objective modes are good.

Kambing said:
I don't think i have it in me to play anymore, LOL. I feel like i have burnt my self on the two maps, despite the new abilities. I may jump in when my mic arrives sometime next week. Kind of sucks that there will only be 4 MP maps(?).
What? Where did you get 4 from?

Kambing

MuseManMike said:
I hope Insomniac doesn't pull some EA shit the first week... get extra server space so people who actually bought your game new can enjoy it. Regardless, it should be fun with a GAF party vs. randoms. Hope the other objective modes are good.

What? Where did you get 4 from?

I could have sworn Loudninja mentioned it in one of his post. I put a question mark at the end because i was not sure, hahaha. Does anyone know how many maps will be in MP? I will try to find what i thought Loudninja posted.

EDIT:

Loudninja said:
More than 4 maps just 4 reveal so far.

Shiiit, beaten by a few seconds -_-. SEE! He did mention 4! =P

That's good to know then, i was worried it would only be 4.

Kambing

Pikma said:
lol That would be awful, it would mean we played to death half of the game already hahaha.

LOL!

I know i was thinking like "damnnnn, there are really only 4 maps? That means i will only play 2 maps when i get the game".

Nah but seriously, looking back i find it incredibly silly of me to think that there would only be 4 maps in the game. On the same note of the game, does anyone know if our stats will be reset again when the game is officially out? I imagine so but just wanted to make sure.

LEGGZZZZ

I hyped beyond belief for this game, but I'm scared as hell about the number of maps. I think 9 to 10 maps out the gate would be great, but as of now we only know four maps playable for 16 players, and I'd hate for the game to only ship with 7 or 8 playable.

How many maps did the last two Resistance games ship with? Anyone know?

One thing I will say though is that the two maps in the beta are beautifully designed, and Alice Springs and Africa Prison look like they'll carry that trait as well, which is more important than the map count I guess.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Fixing lag and server issues is of course, top priority.

There are many more maps than just four. We have two more major maps which haven't been revealed as they'd show story based locations that we don't want to show, plus several more smaller maps pulled from the campaign.

In short, there is plenty of variety in the maps of the game.

LEGGZZZZ

jstevenson said:
Fixing lag and server issues is of course, top priority.

There are many more maps than just four. We have two more major maps which haven't been revealed as they'd show story based locations that we don't want to show, plus several more smaller maps pulled from the campaign.

In short, there is plenty of variety in the maps of the game.

Ahh, thanks for the response, I'm just worried about the map count for 16 players to be honest, but your reply puts me at ease.

One questions I do have, does Resistance 3 support custom music/soundtracks in multiplayer ala Killzone 3/2? That's the only thing stopping this from being possibly my number 1 Shooter this Gen.

And if not, could it be added in a future patch like Killzone 3?

Pikma

Banned
Kambing said:
On the same note of the game, does anyone know if our stats will be reset again when the game is officially out? I imagine so but just wanted to make sure.

Yup, we all start from zero. Also, there's no word on us getting anything for playing the beta, but it surely would be awesome. :p

Kambing

jstevenson said:
keep your eye out tomorrow

FreakedOutBaby.gif

They will be like that from now till tomorrow, so you best not be lying.

Pikma said:
Yup, we all start from zero. Also, there's no word on us getting anything for playing the beta, but it surely would be awesome. :p

Thanks for answering Pikma! We need to play again sometime with other gaffers =)

Top Bottom