• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Beta : Impressions and Discussion

rdrr gnr

jstevenson said:
5:

TDM
DM
CTF
Breach
Chain Reaction.

Not all maps support all modes, of course.

We also have some good post-launch support planned - but we'll get into to that next week.
Most interested in Breach/CTF. TDM and DM can go die.

patsu

I'm pretty sure Pikma loves TDM/DM coz she bugged me to switch mode a few times already. :lol

I forget how Breach mode works.

Pikma

Banned
patsu said:
I'm pretty sure Pikma loves TDM/DM coz she bugged me to switch mode a few times already. :lol

I forget how Breach mode works.

lol check my profile, I haven't played a CR game since the last stats reset, not even one hahaha.
I promise I'll play it today. :p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Loudninja said:
Yes it is considering we are getting sick of the 2 beta maps lol :p
I think the current two maps are pretty good, or I wouldn't be playing for so long. Can't wait to see the other maps. I hope we don't see a Killzone 2 situation again, where almost everyone played on three maps - Radec, Tharsis and Gratch.

Loudninja

Meisadragon said:
I think the current two maps are pretty good, or I wouldn't be playing for so long. Can't wait to see the other maps. I hope we don't see a Killzone 2 situation again, where almost everyone played on three maps - Radec, Tharsis and Gratch.
Yeah they are good maps, cant wait to play a different map though.

Has Insomniac stated that the graphics for the beta are purposely reduced in quality for testing purposes? I mean, that has to be the case, right? RIGHT? I seriously do not remember Resistance 1 or 2 looking this bad. I mean, it's really, really bad.

Cornbread78

jstevenson said:
5:

TDM
DM
CTF
Breach
Chain Reaction.

We also have some good post-launch support planned - but we'll get into to that next week.

Holding out huh? Any hopes for the play-lists and or modes I mentioned?

LEGGZZZZ

jstevenson said:
5:

TDM
DM
CTF
Breach
Chain Reaction.

That's a little dissappionting, but let me ask, how many maps support 16 players? Sorry I keep bugging you.

So how's the beta now Gaf. I played it when it first came out and wasn't feeling it, and there were so many shields and leapers were a pain.

What's the consensus now?

Alright then, I got told my save was corrupted and lost all progress, not a big deal because I didn't play much before. Got into a couple games and everyone is floating and zipping around the map through walls at light speed, not the best experience so far.

patsu

Still many shields and leapers. But I got used to them and joined the dark side.

Counter the shields with leapers. 8^P

The final game is supposed to have more stuff to counter the shields and leapers (e.g., the new Turret will shoot them too).

Pikma

Banned
Hey JStevenson, any news about potential rewards for being part of the closed beta? :)
(No pressure at all, I'm just curious) :p

Kambing

Pikma said:
Hey JStevenson, any news about potential rewards for being part of the closed beta? :)
(No pressure at all, I'm just curious) :p

I am curious too. My eyes have been open since last night... Spill the beans man!

patsu

TrAcEr_x90 said:
what does counter the sheilds? anything?

In the final game ? loudninja mentioned EMP grenade.

The leapers are pretty good at it.

The shields take damage, so a Turret or any weapon would work too.

I think Auger still penetrate shields like RFOM ?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Kambing said:
I am curious too. My eyes have been open since last night... Spill the beans man!

sorry, I was wrong, this is going out tomorrow along with 2.05 and the public part of the beta.

it's good tho!

Loudninja

patsu said:
Huh ? Does that mean it will counter Titans and armored soldiers too ?
I doubt it.

jstevenson said:
sorry, I was wrong, this is going out tomorrow along with 2.05 and the public part of the beta.

it's good tho!
Nice, hope the severs can handed all that traffic tomorrow!

Kambing

jstevenson said:

it's good tho!

Thanks for the update my good man. Just played a couple of games and boy, even though its the same two maps, so much fun.

I am really HYPED about this game. Really was not expecting this level of excitement LOL. The wait is killing meeeee. Have you beat the game James? I am sure you have you lucky bastard!

patsu

jstevenson said:

Argh ! Here's hoping tomorrow I won't b*tch about lag. ^_^

Better play more tonight

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
R3 releases the day after my birthday. Needless to say that this will be my surprise gift this year.

Fersis : Look what i got for you!
Fersis: What? Le' me see!!
Fersis: OH MAH GAWD RESISTANCE 3!!
Fersis: Thank you!
Fersis: Youre welcome.

ForeverAlone.jpg

patsu

Pikma said:
You do that every day, what would be surprising about it? :p

At first, I couldn't decide whether you're talking about my b*tching or my daily R3 run. ^_^

It's true I play it everyday but that's because I am a very responsible beta tester. v_v

Pikma

Banned
patsu said:
At first, I couldn't decide whether you're talking about my b*tching or my daily R3 run. ^_^

It's true I play it everyday but that's because I am a very responsible beta tester. v_v

Now that you mention it, my comment applies to both actually hahaha :3
Yeah, I'm very very responsible too, and you're my witness! That's why a small reward by IG would be pretty much welcome. :p

Fersis said:
R3 releases the day after my birthday. Needless to say that this will be my surprise gift this year.

Wow, really? mine's September 4th :D
We could even pretend we're buying R3 for each other, I'm sure that'll make you feel better. :p

rdrr gnr

Fersis said:
I love me some TDM. :3
It's the spawns that annoying me in non-objective gametypes. When there is/are central objective(s) on the map, you immediately have a bearing once you spawn. I know where I am, where I'm going, and where the enemy team is likely to be. I can play better, and blame only myself for being too aggressive/not aggressive enough. There have been multiple occasions in TDM gametypes throughout various games where I am just minding my own business, three seconds later, I'm in the enemy spawn overwhelmed. Not because I ventured into the spawn, but because my teammates moved somewhere else and the enemy spawned next to me. UGH. Just thinking about it makes me angry. Plus, if you are objective focused, doing poorly is mitigated by winning or at least attempting to win. The only time you'll find me in TDM is if my party votes to do so, and even then I may just back out. I'm hoping CTF and Breach are point-heavy gametypes and the gaffers I play with are down.

/uncalledforrant

LEGGZZZZ

MuseManMike said:
It's the spawns that annoying me in non-objective gametypes. When there is/are central objective(s) on the map, you immediately have a bearing once you spawn. I know where I am, where I'm going, and where the enemy team is likely to be. I can play better, and blame only myself for being too aggressive/not aggressive enough. There have been multiple occasions in TDM gametypes throughout various games where I am just minding my own business, three seconds later, I'm in the enemy spawn overwhelmed. Not because I ventured into the spawn, but because my teammates moved somewhere else and the enemy spawned next to me. UGH. Just thinking about it makes me angry. Plus, if you are objective focused, doing poorly is mitigated by winning or at least attempting to win. The only time you'll find me in TDM is if my party votes to do so, and even then I may just back out. I'm hoping CTF and Breach are point-heavy gametypes and the gaffers I play with are down.

/uncalledforrant

I'm down man, I'm down.

patsu

MuseManMike said:
It's the spawns that annoying me in non-objective gametypes. When there is/are central objective(s) on the map, you immediately have a bearing once you spawn. I know where I am, where I'm going, and where the enemy team is likely to be. I can play better, and blame only myself for being too aggressive/not aggressive enough. There have been multiple occasions in TDM gametypes throughout various games where I am just minding my own business, three seconds later, I'm in the enemy spawn overwhelmed. Not because I ventured into the spawn, but because my teammates moved somewhere else and the enemy spawned next to me. UGH. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

When this happens to me, I just make sure I take one unfortunate soul with me when I die and call it even ! ^_^

Top Bottom