• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Beta : Impressions and Discussion

checked it out last night and the matchmaking went kaput for a while (found a game but suddenly the game is over and everyone has 0 everthing for their stats). Another time the game starts but it completely froze my PS3.

Once it actually started to work the games were interesting and the matchmaking was pretty fast.

May check it out again if i get some time.

JB1981

I just played this for about an hour and the reduced blur allowed me to enjoy myself a lot more. No lie, it makes a big difference (for me) at least. I am a little put off by the use of bubble shield in the heat of a gun battle. It's kind of cheap and I was seeing it abused. I mean, I was putting an entire clip into someone and they just drop a bubble shield to regenerate health. Pretty frustrating. The carbine is a poor start weapon (the bullseye just destroys it) but the game can be pretty fun. I like how it takes a lot of bullets to put someone down

patsu

Charge into the bubble shield together with him. Drop a bomb, or melee, or headshot.

I actually get killed by Carbines slightly more often now. I think the 40mm poses a wee bit more threat these days.

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
I just played this for about an hour and the reduced blur allowed me to enjoy myself a lot more. No lie, it makes a big difference (for me) at least. I am a little put off by the use of bubble shield in the heat of a gun battle. It's kind of cheap and I was seeing it abused. I mean, I was putting an entire clip into someone and they just drop a bubble shield to regenerate health. Pretty frustrating. The carbine is a poor start weapon (the bullseye just destroys it) but the game can be pretty fun. I like how it takes a lot of bullets to put someone down
I get most alot my kills when people use bubble shields, they think they are safe I run in there and melee then to death lol.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Loudninja said:
I get most alot my kills when people use bubble shields, they think they are safe I run in there and melee then to death lol.

I am surprised at how many players will just run out of their own bubble if someone charges in there, it's hilarious.

JB1981

Applesauce said:
I am surprised at how many players will just run out of their own bubble if someone charges in there, it's hilarious.

well it doesn't help that melee is very clunky and unreliable. melee should be very quick, ala halo. whats up with this sluggish melee?

patsu

Applesauce said:

Yeah, ha ha, confused me sometimes. [Wait, who's chasing who again ?]

JB1981 said:
well it doesn't help that melee is very clunky and unreliable. melee should be very quick, ala halo. whats up with this sluggish melee?

First melee is usually ok. I think it's an instant kill if you melee someone directly from behind. Second melee is slower. Then again, I melee once and shoot (or vice versa).

Even better if you switch to shotgun and charge in.

patsu

Yeah... from what I hear in the chatroom, the beta is acting up again. jstevenson said the server is oversubscribed by 4 times as many people.

Loudninja

patsu said:
Yeah... from what I hear in the chatroom, the beta is acting up again. jstevenson said the server is oversubscribed by 4 times as many people.
It doesn't help that the euro servers are not up as well.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
JB1981 said:

The rifle-butt is the fastest and pretty responsive compared to the chimeran "slap" and the bayonet. Also it may just be me but it feels like the melee attacks are quicker if you're firing rounds from your gun already.

Loudninja

gibration said:
GGs. We should play again some other time but with more gaffers.
Yes the tow of us was destructive ,but imagine 6 more gaffers! We save that for the release though,I think I am done now with the beta.

Massa

Game was unplayable for me both yesterday and today. Seems like every other player is either teleporting or flying.

Loudninja

Massa said:
Game was unplayable for me both yesterday and today. Seems like every other player is either teleporting or flying.
Hahaha I seen a person moonwalk on top of a building.The serves are getting hammer to hell.

JB1981

Beam said:
I am terrible in this beta.

hit detection is weird, seems to be a a weird hitch in framerate and there is still this strange and unpolished "death lag", for lack of a better word.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
JB1981 said:
hit detection is weird, seems to be a a weird hitch in framerate and there is still this strange and unpolished "death lag", for lack of a better word.

death lag is fixed for gold. the weird framerate hitch we're working on a fix that will be in a patch shortly after launch.

Pikma

Banned
Loudninja said:
Hahaha it was 4 vs 8 and we won just now, I had 39 kills.

Not sure why, but the other day I was wondering... It's clear you've played a lot of the beta, And I too have easily played it at for at least 65 hours. Now, how have we never met in a match? lol, I've met almost everybody of all the regulars here, but not you :s

Loudninja

Pikma said:
Not sure why, but the other day I was wondering... It's clear you've played a lot of the beta, And I too have easily played it at for at least 65 hours. Now, how have we never met in a match? lol, I've met almost everybody of all the regulars here, but not you :s
Hmm I don't know?

Angelcurio

Played for a couple of hours yesterday, and for the first time i din´t run into any kind of issues. There was no lag, no matchmaking problems, there was another gaffer on the opposing team, but can´t remember his name. One thing that really stoods out, and i don´t know if it´s because of the resolution or the motion blur problem, but sometimes when you die and the camera focus on your killer, his body looks almost like it a carboard made figure with a human face and clothes painted over it.

James, i don´t know if it´s present in the final game, but the multiplayer component would benefit greatly from some kind of tutorial. I was kinda lost with the loadout settings and the new options as you level up, i had almost 35 points when i realized that i could buy stuff from the loadout settings page.

Pikma

Banned
I'm playing my last games today, since tomorrow is my birthday and won't be at home the entire day :)
Hope to play with you guys one last time, before going for the big thing :D
(Also, I think I won't be able to pick up R3 on tuesday, may need to wait an entire week) :(

Loudninja

ToyMachine228 said:
Where do I find it? I can't find it on the PSN Store.
On the store you see it in the new release section.

Pikma said:
I'm playing my last games today, since tomorrow is my birthday and won't be at home the entire day :)
Hope to play with you guys one last time, before going for the big thing :D
(Also, I think I won't be able to pick up R3 on tuesday, may need to wait an entire week) :(
Happy birthday! :)

Finally got to play the beta today. Really enjoying it. It feels pretty well balanced and I really like both maps. God damn if Insomniac doesn't make guns that are completely satisfying to fire.

I for one will be using one of the Hale skins in the final game. RIP. Best Buy has the other one as an exclusive right?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know I haven't played much with Gaffers during the beta, outside of a couple games with Loudninja, but I really want to change that for the final release. I really hit my stride today once I unlocked Gunslinger again (for the 3rd time) and feel like this is the first MP game in a long time that I'll be able to play with GAF that I won't be embarrassed by my skills. My PSN ID is in my profile if anyone wants to add me before the final game is out.

dralla

Zoibie said:
I haven't got into a Trainyard TDM match once today, getting really tired of Seaside, as good as it is.
seaside can be really annoying. I played a team who sat in the second floor of one of the houses and essentially barricaded themselves in with turrets, hedgehogs and shottys and there was not much we could do. They had the lead already too, and had guys sniping out the windows.

Top Bottom