• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 Beta : Impressions and Discussion

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Loudninja said:
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames

Oh well I wanted to try it before launch.

That blows. Oh well, the beta is enough to keep me occupied for another week since I haven't maxed out yet like some of you other guys.

Found some youtube videos of what looks like the retail version. There is plenty of spoilers in there so watch out for that. Also there is a video of some Co-op gameplay.

The game is looking really, really good. Can't wait for next week.

Part 1Part 2Co-op

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting these links. I've been lurking for a long time and only got my GAF account activated recently.

patsu

craigrushforth said:
Found some youtube videos of what looks like the retail version. There is plenty of spoilers in there so watch out for that. Also there is a video of some Co-op gameplay.

The game is looking really, really good. Can't wait for next week.

Part 1Part 2Co-op

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting these links. I've been lurking for a long time and only got my GAF account activated recently.

Ha ha, I will stay far far away from those links.

Pikma

Banned
So this thread is dead now? :(
I think we should make a big reunion today, get as many GAFFERS as we can inside the game, that would be awesome :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pikma said:
So this thread is dead now? :(
I think we should make a big reunion today, get as many GAFFERS as we can inside the game, that would be awesome :D

it shouldn't be dead! if you want your beta rewards, jump in. plus patch 2.05 should be coming

Pikma

Banned
jstevenson said:
it shouldn't be dead! if you want your beta rewards, jump in. plus patch 2.05 should be coming

I said that because the OT is the one getting attention today :p
How much do we exactly need to play to get the rewards, JS? :O

wowzors

Actually got into some games today and I must say, it was really fun. I was put off by the initial beta but its definetly shaping up more. Starting to look like a purchase (I bought R1 and R2, who am i kidding?).

Cornbread78

jstevenson said:

Played some rounds last night, and the game ran really well, I can't wait for retail launch!

JStev, I'm going to play more rounds Fri. night, but how much do we have to play to get the free stuff I got the e-mail about?

Also, than the servers were pretty laggy and I saw a lot of teleporting players las night either from server lag or lag switches in general. The lag switches were pretty obvious at times..... pretty sad for people to use it in a BETA!

a couple late suggestions also:

Anyway to add a mic indicator on the HUD? Seriously, like BFBC2 you don't know who's talking and unless you mute everyone, there needs to be a way to pin point who has the loud mic, or who just won't shut up, lol.

Also, I like on it switches from game to game quickly, but can you give it an extra 30 seconds or so to make loadout changes choose a map and/or re-sync teams before the next game starts. I know it's bad to compare to CoD, but they have two different play lists for this very reason.

20000013 errors everywhere...

I'm just trying to finish ONE single match here...

Is there a port to forward? A day 1 buy is guaranteed if I can just get this damn beta to work...

I'm using a wired connection btw.

Pikma

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
a couple late suggestions also:

Anyway to add a mic indicator on the HUD? Seriously, like BFBC2 you don't know who's talking and unless you mute everyone, there needs to be a way to pin point who has the loud mic, or who just won't shut up, lol.

There is a mic indicator, not on the HUD though, it's on the mute/report list, when someone has his mic open, the speaker icon turns yellow. :)

Vasili2K38

Just played a lot of matches, and a few ones with gaffers, pikma, patsu, dave1988 and pwonager. Good games, we destroyed the other teams. And a good teamplay with the support abilities is very rewarding. A bit of lag in some games, but usually I'm playing without problems. Can't wait to try other maps! lol

has anyone of you guys experienced a room with people flying and trespassing buildings and such? I have only played 2 rounds and it was really fucked up.

Loudninja

SixStringPsycho said:
has anyone of you guys experienced a room with people flying and trespassing buildings and such? I have only played 2 rounds and it was really fucked up.
Yep, they are trying to fix it now, or they already had an saying it for the final patch.

Loudninja said:
Yep, they are trying to fix it now, or they already had an saying it for the final patch.
God that was annoying, everyone was glitching the hell out of the game. One of them was shooting from the sky and kept going up!
Also, why are you still a junior? If Im not mistaken youve been here for a while and seen you post on most threads

I assume that levelling up and the skill points required to upgrade weapons is going to be adjusted for the final release?

I levelled up 3 times in one match and was able to upgrade the marksman fully. Seemed a little too easy.

Loudninja

SixStringPsycho said:
God that was annoying, everyone was glitching the hell out of the game. One of them was shooting from the sky and kept going up!
Also, why are you still a junior? If Im not mistaken youve been here for a while and seen you post on most threads
Long story man hahaha.

Sephiroth503 said:
I assume that levelling up and the skill points required to upgrade weapons is going to be adjusted for the final release?

I levelled up 3 times in one match and was able to upgrade the marksman fully. Seemed a little too easy.
Yeah its like this for the beta.

Sooo I'm still getting these 20000013 errors. Not a single match completed yet.

Are you guys getting the same thing constantly or is it unique to me? I really like the (limited) time I had with this beta but this issue is driving me nuts. No port to forward at all (save for the regular PSN ports)?

gibration

Loudninja said:
We have to play some games later tonight ok gaf?I tired of playing with crappy teams, they bring me down too!
I'd be down to play tonight. Trying to rank back up again after it got corrupted. I was in the top 100 for kills too and now I am like #10,000 or somewhere around there. :p

patsu

Pikma, Vasilisk, pwonager, and I played last night @ 2-3am PST in the morning. ^_^

Btw, my buddy complained that the beta is acting up again. Many people running through wall and up in the air.

Loudninja

gibration said:
I'd be down to play tonight. Trying to rank back up again after it got corrupted. I was in the top 100 for kills too and now I am like #10,000 or somewhere around there. :p
Cool, patsu you down?

Top Bottom