• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Hires Iain McCaig For Character Design

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that Respawn has hired Iain McCaig to do character design for their next game.

This definitely suggests that their next game isn't a modern day military shooter.

Well, either that, or their modern day military shooter will have some rather extravagant characters.

Develop said:
Respawn enlists Star Wars artist for debut game
by Rob Crossley

Respawn enlists Star Wars artist for debut game

Renowned concept artist Iain McCaig working with Zampella and West

Respawn Entertainment, the startup studio formed by ousted Infinity Ward bosses, has hired a world-class artist for its secret debut project.

Iain McCaig is a highly respected concept artist with an eye-watering CV that lists numerous blockbuster projects across several entertainment sectors.

He created the original character concepts for the more recent Star Wars trilogy, including designs for Darth Maul and Queen Amidala.

In games, he created characters for three James Bond titles, and was central in the art design of The Secret of Monkey Island, as well as numerous other projects.

But despite these career milestones, the highly enthusiastic McCaig said working with Respawn is “the most exhilarating experience I’ve ever had in my career”.

He said it didn’t matter what genre of game he was working on; his principal interests lies elsewhere.

“Whether it’s military games or things set in space, it doesn’t matter, my huge burning passion is in designing people,” he said.

In an interview to be published soon, McCaig told Develop that half of his current to-do list is working with games companies.

He said Respawn approached him for the concept design job, adding that he “simply couldn’t turn this offer down”.
Source: http://www.develop-online.net/news/...&utm_campaign=Feed:+developmag/ifbh+(Develop)

More at the link.

JoeBoy101

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I hope no decapitated horses were involved.

conan%2Bstevens.jpg

I know you meant Godfather, but thought this more timely.

Duderz

Banned
I've met Ian McCaig before and the article is right, he really is a very enthusiastic person, such an awesome person to listen to, and holy hell is he a rockstar artist.

Nizz

JoeBoy101 said:
conan%2Bstevens.jpg

I know you meant Godfather, but thought this more timely.
Nice!

In a movie that had few things right, the design of Darth Maul in Phantom Menace was definitely one thing done right. I loved the design of the character. I would love to see just what Respawn are working on.

Angry Fork

vladimir rus said:
Surprised former Infinity Ward staff knows how to play on a PC the way they handled MW2. I'd have thought they would've asked for a 360 controller and comfy couch.

Top Bottom