• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Mandalorian Game Cancelled

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update: VGC and IGN Corrobrates:

Just heard that the Mando game by Respawn might have been canned. Working on verification - If you can help corroborate, please DM or email me at tomtomhenderson@protonmail.com

Last edited:

Moses85

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Montauk

The Mandalorian is one of the most boring non-characters ever created. Can’t imagine a game where you are basically invincible (watch the show, destroys all drama) to the point of absurdity, I can’t imagine that being satisfying or exciting.

Nothing of value has been lost. Toodle-doo to that bullshit armour.

Last edited:

YuLY

I think it is pretty clear at this point that if Bioware doesnt deliver with Dreadwolf, they are done. Which means no next Mass Effect, which means I'm done.

KiteGr

Disney announced a lot of doomed/nonexistent projects to appease investors, pretending to have potentially successful projects in the works.
It's the equivalent of jingling keys at their faces at this point...

I never thought I'll be so in favour of a hostile takeover.

proandrad

These guys can't even put out one game without it being a technical shitshow, imagine them working on two different games.

Respawn's unique ability to connect with players and create exceptional game experiences is unrivaled in entertainment. As we've looked at Respawn's portfolio over the last few months, what's clear is the games our players are most excited about are Jedi and Respawn's rich library of owned brands. Knowing this, we have decided to pivot away from early development on a Star Wars FPS Action game to focus our efforts on new projects based on our owned brands while providing support for existing games. It's always hard to walk away from a project, and this decision is not a reflection of the team's talent, tenacity, or passion they have for the game. Giving fans the next installments of the iconic franchises they want is the definition of blockbuster storytelling and the right place to focus.

DarthPutin

1st person was really weird choice, especially with how they described fast paced movement during combat.

Anyway, Cory Barlog will be very upset. He kept posting how someone MUST make a game like this (based on Mandalorian). I assume he was aware of it long before us.

Darsxx82

There are 670 layoffs. These figures are always accompanied by cancellation of projects.
There is a situation in which EA is moving away from third-party licenses (Disney's are very expensive) and betting on its own.... Based on this, the cancellation of this project makes sense although it is still sad.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
EA needs to GaaS the fuck out of Titanfall for infinite money glitch.

ProtoByte

Probably because Respawn’s got a boatload of projects they’re already working on, and EA is wary of the licensing fees Disney commands.
Disney's gonna fuck themselves over for another 10 years with the excessive fees. Not even Sony's going to have the taste for using their teams to pay out an arm and a leg for their shit.

Top Bottom