• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Studios moved to a new larger office

Forever

Banned
Am I thinking what you're thinking or it just means something else?

I don't know if it was there before. Probably not.

parkcentralhigaf.jpg

Anyone seen any people going on, i haven't seen any cars, maybe the process of relocation is ongoing but didn't yet happen?

A pity other cams are not working.

Shit they're onto us.

RETRO, if you do indeed read this thread, rename the camera to "Hello GAF" if we will hear of your game in the next month.

Signed,

Ubermatik
A dedicated and long time RETRO fan.

Is it just me or does that office exterior give off Pentagon vibes while the interior is like that lobby scene in the Matrix movie.

Zane

ALERT: Mama's Home Cooking has been compromised. I repeat, Mama's Home Cooking has been compromised. All agents report to Sector Zero-One-Seven. Administrative personnel, burn all documents related to Benjamin's Big Pearly Whites. It's been an honor working with you, gentlemen. May God help us all.

gogojira

I told that Eric guy from Retro on Twitter about this thread so maybe I blew our cover. This thread was too hilarious not to pass on to someone from Retro though.

<3 you guys, please be making something awesome. Also, give me a studio tour. I'm close enough to drive! :D

roddur

I told that Eric guy from Retro on Twitter about this thread so maybe I blew our cover. This thread was too hilarious not to pass on to someone from Retro though.

<3 you guys, please be making something awesome. Also, give me a studio tour. I'm close enough to drive! :D

i think we found our mole

JDSN

Banned

Fucking narc.

llama-stare.gif

Shiggy

Retro and Nintendo employees are indeed reading NeoGAF. Some are even members... so it shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone that they noticed this thread...the only surprise is that the security team changed the camera name.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
So is that it? We're done because some lunatic alerted Retro?

Info I still want:
1. Is Retro's logo anywhere outside the building?
2. How much of the building does Retro have?
3. Which windows do I need to look through to see Retro's computer monitors and conference rooms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TmzG_fqqU8

Forever

Banned

Snitches get stitches.

Anustart

ALERT: Mama's Home Cooking has been compromised. I repeat, Mama's Home Cooking has been compromised. All agents report to Sector Zero-One-Seven. Administrative personnel, burn all documents related to Benjamin's Big Pearly Whites. It's been an honor working with you, gentlemen. May God help us all.

The Biscuits and Gravy have been burned. Opera....uh breakfast meal Biscuits and Gravy have been thrown out.

Stewox

Banned
On behalf of my dignity and respect for Retro Studios i have to clear out after an advice from some of the posters of this thread that It should be very wise to say that this is NO way an operation to infiltrate inside the Studio or any whatsoever building, I have just contributed any relevant info to the news, but as it was progressing some of the details were deep it looked like histeric stalking, fortunately it is not and I was not promoting anything seriously (it was painted as such by some others), but I have to admit the whole thing end up real funny. (and im not english guy so i excuse if I formed this apology wrong ...)

It was just about seeing those logos on the building, but looks like that has no yet been constructed, I hope it looks cool and better than old studio and official photos should make everyone happy!

RETRO, if you do indeed read this thread, rename the camera to "Hello GAF" if we will hear of your game in the next month.

Signed,

Ubermatik
A dedicated and long time RETRO fan.

Now that's optimistic :)

So is that it? We're done because some lunatic alerted Retro?

Info I still want:
1. Is Retro's logo anywhere outside the building?
2. How much of the building does Retro have?
3. Which windows do I need to look through to see Retro's computer monitors and conference rooms?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TmzG_fqqU8

How many companies have their conference rooms with windows? Most tend to be inner, and even if they were window adjacent they generally close windows during conferences so their projectors will be able to work ;)

Stewox

Banned
Okay... 'Hi Gaf' made me lol

It took me 10 minutes to post that pic, because I laughed for 5 and spent another 5 frantically checking the interwebs if this doesn't mean something else in the html live webcam industry but I just didn't find anything that stood out.

Boy, it was like:
X8yXZ.gif

Uh this could get better, ... i can get one better but takes time.

I guess they have all the cars parked either on the other side where the cams aren't working, or in enclosed area (probably cannot be seen from air if there's cars inside or not)

Nekki

DqZjp.gif

3p23fz.jpg

=p

Stewox

Banned

The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

I'll handle it my self.

Now you've done it, the webcam server doesn't work anymore - timed out. At least for me, hopefully it's just coincidence.

Here's a catch ... If Retro controls the ParkCentral website and the webcams, should that mean they bought the whole building and all assets of it. Seems like it. That could well mean they may rename this whole thing and put some great logos on the building there!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Mission aborted? Cameras may have been compromised, but we still got Alpha, Gamma, and Omega ready to go.

lol

Commence Project Dread.

Speaking of Retro, I found myself playing Metroid Prime again yesterday. Shit still holds up. Landing on Tallon IV is still awesome as shit.

Stewox

Banned
Well going forward on this for the sake of hilarity, ehm ... well how will we call this, I've searched the sorroundings for ... you know what

Unfortunately(lol) there was none in the sorrounding businesses. Nothing, really poor, all those hotels, nothing.

But i found one last thing that, sounds very sneaky, the cell towers, if it even has cams on top, I guess private and inaccessible but who knows, maybe it has for weather info but there wasn't any weather stuff I found yet, but that's it for me for today, time to go sleep so it's just progress i have here:

retroareacelltower.jpg

The unknown cell tower is probably from Stc Five LLC because it looks very similar to some others that were marked by commercial tower map. There's also something called Sprint Spectrum Equip Co. L.P. but this is last minute i seen this, so i don't know more right now.

http://www.steelintheair.com/Cell-Phone-Tower-Maps-and-Locations.htm

And I'm off to sleep ...

Nekki

I am gathering supplies to camp at the cell tower for the next five months, will run a tight surveillance on the building.

Anybody want to join me? Having a 3DS scores higher points.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Well going forward on this for the sake of hilarity, ehm ... well how will we call this, I've searched the sorroundings for ... you know what

Unfortunately(lol) there was none in the sorrounding businesses. Nothing, really poor, all those hotels, nothing.

But i found one last thing that, sounds very sneaky, the cell towers, if it even has cams on top, I guess private and inaccessible but who knows, maybe it has for weather info but there wasn't any weather stuff I found yet, but that's it for me for today, time to go sleep so it's just progress i have here:

I drive through that area to get to the Round Rock outlets and iKea.

It's not horrible, and there's worse places in Austin. But traffic wise it's full of dicks that will wreck you at no fault of your own. There's tons of places in Austin like that were people try to cross 4 lanes in a tiny distance at high speed due to access roads. Farwest/Mopac is like that. Parmer/Mopac is like that. 35 just north of MLK is a death trap.

If I worked at Retro, I'd work classical software hours: 10 AM - 6/7 PM. Avoid that shit.

Or I'd live in Wells Branch/Scofield.

Zoe

If I worked at Retro, I'd work classical software hours: 10 AM - 6/7 PM. Avoid that shit.

Or I'd live in Wells Branch/Scofield.

Parmer actually isn't bad during rush hour. I take it all the way from 620 to Dessau everyday.

Top Bottom