• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator dreams are made of, son

Rich!

Downloading nao

edit: liking the improved controller config menu. Setting up more than one controller before was a pain in the ass, now it's much better. sweet.

Lettuce

Shader Parameters settings dont seem to take effect when you alter them (CRT-Easymode)

And the Systems folder is empty on the latest Nightly build (29/10/14)

Lakka seems to crash whenever you try and run a core

Make sure your input joypad driver is set to winxinput

I was just going to ask about this, thanks!

Some other bugs I've noticed:

The lakka gui does not work, crashes RetroArch immediately on startup. Had to delete my config file and set it up all over again, still using rgui.

PPSSPP core says there is a file missing called ppage...something (dont remember off the top of my head), but if you press enter the rom still loads.

Can't play any games using Mednafen PSX, retroarch crashes as soon as I select a bin or cue file.

Using Windows 64 bit version
Windows 8.1, latest updates installed
SLI GeForce GTX670's with the latest driver
Core i7 940 OC'ed @ 3.6ghz
Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers

I am using the Dualshock 4 under OSX, the Controller works fine over USB and Bluetooth , except the D-Pad. The D-Pad Inputs are not recognised.

The XMB by the way is great, interesting what a different appearance can make of a difference in usability. Thank you for the work.

Radius4

I was just going to ask about this, thanks!

Some other bugs I've noticed:

The lakka gui does not work, crashes RetroArch immediately on startup. Had to delete my config file and set it up all over again, still using rgui.

PPSSPP core says there is a file missing called ppage...something (dont remember off the top of my head), but if you press enter the rom still loads.

Can't play any games using Mednafen PSX, retroarch crashes as soon as I select a bin or cue file.

Using Windows 64 bit version
Windows 8.1, latest updates installed
SLI GeForce GTX670's with the latest driver
Core i7 940 OC'ed @ 3.6ghz
Wireless Xbox 360 Controllers

Lakka has been replaced by xmb. I've disabled lakka for the upcomimg nightlies.

For ppsspp indeed you need that file. And for mednafen. Check the core information panel for the requirequired bioa

I am using the Dualshock 4 under OSX, the Controller works fine over USB and Bluetooth , except the D-Pad. The D-Pad Inputs are not recognised.

The XMB by the way is great, interesting what a different appearance can make of a difference in usability. Thank you for the work.

Are you using auto detection or manually mapped inputs?

Awakened

oh my god I got xmb working

this is amazing. is there any way to change the background image?
Yep, it's the bg.png file in "assets/lakka/monocrome/256/". I edited out the orange lines and some alpha from a different background I found elsewhere in assets and am using that for xmb:
retroarch-xmbj1sju.png

Here's a link to that background if you want to use it.

Radius4

Make sure you have the correct BIOS and that your CUE sheet is correct. Many images have bogus CUE sheets
http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX

You can grab PPGE_ATLAS.ZIP and the required fonts from the official PPSSPP package I guess. I may include those in the system folder later.

What do I need to use a DS4 on OSX? I can test this

Make sure you have the correct BIOS and that your CUE sheet is correct. Many images have bogus CUE sheets
http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX

You can grab PPGE_ATLAS.ZIP and the required fonts from the official PPSSPP package I guess. I may include those in the system folder later.

What do I need to use a DS4 on OSX? I can test this

Just connect the pad trough USB or pair it over bluetooth. Dualshock 3+4 is supported since OSX 10.9. Here you find more information:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-use-the-ps4-controller-on-your-mac-or-pc/

Lettuce

Yeah i noitced that after i typed the above, lol

But im unable to get it to work in XBMC, when i click on the 'install from zip file' option which u usually do to install programs the file doesnt even show up in the folder ive placed it in. I have even made it a zip file but says that its an unsupported install file and has missing files

Robin64

Classic Controller USB adapter turned up! Shit's gonna be goooood.

As an aside, what's the best portable device for SNES emulation? People say "Use a PSP!", but that SUCKS at SNES. Frameskips needed on Mario World? Get lost.

Ideally it should be able to run Retroarch with the BSNES core (doesn't need to be the accuracy one) and have its own controller built in. Like the GCW Zero, but actually good.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Classic Controller USB adapter turned up! Shit's gonna be goooood.

As an aside, what's the best portable device for SNES emulation? People say "Use a PSP!", but that SUCKS at SNES. Frameskips needed on Mario World? Get lost.

Ideally it should be able to run Retroarch with the BSNES core (doesn't need to be the accuracy one) and have its own controller built in. Like the GCW Zero, but actually good.

I quite enjoy playing snes games on my iPad. One of the cores can even speed up SuperFX games. Paired with the Classic Controller it's like having a little tv on my lap.

bacardi

Hey guys, i've been trying out the crt-royale shader. Can anyone help me making the phosphor masks less intense? Right now there are lines across the image- is there a way to make this effect much more subtle? Cheers

Rich!

I can't wait to try this. As someone that still hasn't played through A Link to the Past yet: do you guys recommend a playthrough with this mod or in its original form?

Original form. All the way.

The mod is amazing technically, but the music choices suck. Some tracks are outright terrible remakes and others, such as the few from link between worlds, are line audio rips with the original sound effect of link ealking into the room at the start!!

Try it afterwards as a curiosity. It would fuck up your first playthrough of a masterpiece.

Rich!

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely stick to the original for my first playthrough then. I've only recently (last three years or so) discovered the greatness of the franchise, so I'm really hanging out to play it.

Yep. Its an amazing soundtrack and should be heard as intended, at least to begin with.

Also goddamn I envy you. Playing through ALTTP as a kid for the first time twenty years ago is a glorious memory. I want to play it for the first time again.

Top Bottom