• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retronauts Live # 18 - Deus Ex

With the release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the horizon, Retronauts host Bob Mackey sits down with Thierry "Scooter" Nguyen, Ryan Winterhalter, Scott Sharkey, and Mike Nelson to talk about Ion Storm's groundbreaking franchise -- and since Metroid's 25th anniversary just passed us by, there's talk of that as well. This episode truly has something for everyone, except for people who don't care about Deus Ex or Metroid.

Length: 1:40:36
Direct Download
Retronauts Page

No call-ins again.

Lupin the Wolf said:
I didn't listen to the last one, but is Jeremy officially done with Retronauts, then?
He's no longer hosting them, but that doesn't mean he won't participate in them from time to time.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Since their not taking calls anymore, can they just drop the 'live' shit and continue from Ep.100.
They're still doing the call-ins, just not for every episode. Bob Mackey says he wants a split down the middle of two call-in episodes and two regular episodes a month, next Retronauts is a call-in.

Well this was disappointing. A bunch of ill-informed people with terrible opinions + snark. Stopped after a half an hour, deleted. It's really unenjoyable to listen to people being sarcastic, let alone sarcastic and fairly often factually wrong. Bob Mackey kills the show in my humble opinion. Oh well, so long t-frog.

I could never tell the difference between Jeremy Parrish, Ray Barnholt and Justin Haywald. They all sorta sound the same and have the same interests in games. I might be generalizing here but those 3 were always the hardest for me to differentiate. If you look at the rest of the 1up cast from the glory days they all had such strong and individual personalities that it was not hard to not confuse Shane with Luke or Ryan or David, etc.

ShaneB

Gah, wonder how I missed this. Will listen! Mostly for the Metroid stuff. I haven't played Deus Ex, but it's waiting in the backlog.

ShaneB

TyrantGuardian said:
Watch out, major Deus Ex spoilers in the podcast.

Eep. Well perhaps I won't be listening than.

edit: and I see another new episode of Retronauts is up.. I'm so out of touch! Dang it.

Top Bottom