• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return of the ugly red box: New PS3 GH titles

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bufflekill said:
Sadly good Nintendo games don't get marked down in this area (Australia FTL).

I bought Galaxy used for ~$55 early 2010 (got the Wii for Christmas). A 2007 game being sold for full RRP (or close to it) over 2 years later? No, fuck you, Nintendo.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
XCell9200 said:
Why does every company insist on changing the boxes to something tacky once their game hits a certain price?

I mean seriously. What's the point? Shit, put a sticker on the wrapper saying greatest hits or something. Making the box all red and cheap looking is basically just a punishment to potential LTTP customers. I don't get it.
I think the clear cases have a hell of a lot less personality than the red ones, and I liked the Xbox 1 Platinum Hits packaging (aside from the border around the front art) a fuck of a lot better than the standard green. I wish those were the standard rather than the exception.

And like I said earlier, it's a nice service for the more casual gamer to be able to look at the shelf and be able to see the good cheap titles quickly. You and I may know the difference, but if Golden Axe: Beast Rider and Infamous were sitting next to each other on the shelf at the same price with the same packaging, there's nothing stopping someone from thinking that Golden Axe looks like a lot cooler game.

Ramirez said:
I liked GH's better when they were 20 dollars. :(

Infamous is tempting at that price though...

Had the same thought, so just picked it up from amazon.:D

Am I the only one who thinks the red boxes look cool......... the only gh i have though is SF4, but it looks cool and not out of place like on ps2.

Nizz

witness said:
So when do stores drop the price on these? Appears that amazon has but what about brick and mortar?
I just got back from Best Buy and I picked up the God of War Collection for $29.99 (still in original case). I saw they had Resistance 2 there but the price on the shelf still said $59.99. Maybe it would have rang up at $30.00 at the register?

I tried to get Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition at that price because in the bin the game was at it was listed as $30.00. But the guy at the register rang it up and it was $49.99. I told the guy it was priced at $30.00 where I grabbed the game from but he knew what was up. Since it was the gold edition it was more. :(

stupei

purple cobra said:
I just got back from Best Buy and I picked up the God of War Collection for $29.99 (still in original case). I saw they had Resistance 2 there but the price on the shelf still said $59.99. Maybe it would have rang up at $30.00 at the register?

Best Buy hasn't made the switch over yet. God of War Collection was already retailing for $30, Sony is just changing the box to red. :lol

I guess there is no confirmation yet that the games are under the same product code, right? I picked up LBP from Best Buy and intend to price match once the price drop takes effect but I'm nervous about opening it until I know it'll work. Have plenty to play in the meantime but I really want to try LBP out with one of my friends who's in town this weekend.

hxa155

LittleBigPlanet GOTY edition is killing the competition at amazon and gamestop. I expect it to sell at least 50k this month.

Top Bottom