• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviewed : Pepsi-Flavored Cheetos (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Pepsi-flavored Cheetos are the latest food hybrid to spit in the eye of Mother Nature. They are from Japan.

In these snacks the cheese powder has been replaced with a cola powder that is disturbingly not brown. The first sensation, which I did not expect, was a very acidic bite. It’s very citrusy, almost sour. And it hits hard. It tries to capture the citrus notes of Pepsi, but it’s over the top. Too lemony. The sweeter cola flavor is there but it’s subtler and overpowered by the intense citrus. The flavors are very distinct and don’t really ever mesh well together. But they do linger in the mouth for quite a while to leave you with a weird, marginally accurate, if lemony, Pepsi aftertaste. The corn puff tastes like it should. It doesn’t do a lot besides acting as a vehicle, which is good because there is already a lot going on.

These wouldn’t be in my top 100 dream flavor what-ifs, but I’m glad they exist. They either point to a futuristic flavor-fusion utopia in which anything is possible or an apocalyptic hell place where cyborg velociraptors chew our faces off with laser teeth.

9455482227_36503f62b3.jpg

9455482165_d0bf2388cb.jpg

9458263024_820ae39234.jpg

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/word...shuwa-cola-corn-snack-pepsi-flavored-cheetos/

I was promised all kinds of crazy Pepsi flavours before I went to Japan but when I got there there was just Pepsi and Pepsi Nex. Where was my cucumber or my salty watermelon flavoured Pepsi?

Are you telling that we are close to get Mountain Dew Doritos?

Are you telling that we could get Mountain Dew Doritos Locos Tacos in the future? That's it, finally the perfect food would be achieved.

atomsk

Party Pooper

Are you telling that we could get Mountain Dew Doritos Locos Tacos in the future? That's it, finally the perfect food would be achieved.

That first part already happened.

In 2008, Doritos debuted a "mystery flavor" Quests with prizes being given as puzzles were solved. The mystery flavor was Mountain Dew

Correction: Mountain dew BAJA BLAST doritos locos tacos. Gotta leverage that bizarre exclusive flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom