• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews for "American Gods" are coming in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polygon: This may be Bryan Fuller at his finest
I went into American Gods with few expectations — even as someone who has loved Fuller since Pushing Daisies — but I’m delighted that American Gods exceeded all of them, and I’m sure it’ll do the same for you, too.

From another thread:

Awesome! Looking forward to it, I read the book in high school and loved it.

Also a former GAF member is on the production team I think.

the1npc

The book was interesting at first but once the mystery was gone it all seemed so corny and lame...was well written tho

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon Prime's getting it here in Canada the day after it airs on Starz every week. I'm mega excited for this show. Fuller and McShane and a Gaiman adaptation. You better believe that's a paddlin'.

hydruxo

- Den of Geek: American Gods TV Spoiler-Free Review

In the end, the American Gods TV show doesn't make you choose between belief and nihilism, between America as oppressor and America as oppressed. It recognizes that the truth is probably more complicated than that. It simply wants you to ask the questions and come along for this wild ride. If you do, you won't be disappointed.

- Joblo: TV Review: American Gods

American Gods feels like someone locked Guillermo Del Toro, Tim Burton and Steven Spielberg in a room with a copy of On the Road and a bunch of LSD and then turned off the lights.

tyaaron

Neo Member
I knew this show was going to be great. I'm still bummed we'll never get know how great Fuller's version of Star Trek would have been.

B33

Banned
It sounds promising! I'm looking forward to it!

HBO should get Fuller on as a showrunner for a Sandman television series after he concludes American Gods.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fucking Starz. Was just about to cancel my subscription since Black Sails is over, but now they got me on the hook for this. And then by the time this is over, it'll be time for Outlander to come back. I hate you, #PeakTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom