• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Finally back to form.
This was a good episode after two dreadful ones.

My ratings on a R&M scale

Ep 1: 9/10
Ep 2: 1/10
Ep 3: 2/10
Ep 4: 7.5/10

Amazing episode.
RIP Vindicators

lol this thread's arguments crack me up as much as the episode. People wanting more family stuff and less family stuff.
Reminds me of walk hard.

There's a scene he's in a hospital bed in critical conditions.

"we need more sheets, he's freezing"

"we need less sheets, he's sweating like crazy"

" we need both less and more sheets at the same time"

cHaotix8

I thought this was a pretty great episode. Morty is completely done with Rick's bullshit and the rift between them is growing fast. Rick seems to understand this at some level and it'll be interesting to see if he cares enough to address it in the future.

Looking forward to the adventures of Rick and Jerry next week! I can't recall an episode where they've had an interaction longer than a few quips, so that should be fun.

Fantastic episode.

Loved how smug Morty was when he thought deep down inside of Drunk Rick he'd reveal how important he was and all that xD

Really fun payoff.

I thought this was a pretty great episode. Morty is completely done with Rick's bullshit and the rift between them is growing fast. Rick seems to understand this at some level and it'll be interesting to see if he cares enough to address it in the future.

Looking forward to the adventures of Rick and Jerry next week! I can't recall an episode where they've had an interaction longer than a few quips, so that should be fun.
In the preview for the next episode Rick says
morty asked him to take Jerry on a pity adventure
but I really hope that at the end its revealed that
Rick wanted a sidekick because morty is pissed with him and didn't want to go on another adventure

NR1

So was the joke about them missing out on the 2nd team up a comment on Thor and Hulk missing out on Civil War. Regardless, it was a damn funny episode!

OK here's the deal, I'm gonna rest my eyes for a little. Let's make this one simple...

Just try to hit some 3-Pointers. xD

Cracked me up.

and also Hawaii

tumblr_inline_oun9r1oWK41rqs0i3_540.png

tumblr_inline_oun9tcAw3y1rqs0i3_540.gif

cHaotix8

Rick wanted a sidekick because morty is pissed with him and didn't want to go on another adventure

I'm honestly hoping that that's the case. There's gotta be a breaking point for Morty putting up with Rick's bullshit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

I want this to happen.

One of the Rick rules is that Jerry NEVER comes on an adventure. That's what the Jerry day care is for.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Someone of you need to stop putting so much fucking stock in this show. It's just a show with a bunch of fuckery. Shut off your brain and enjoy.

If it ain't working for people, that's worth talking about. It's not as if people are crucifying the show, if they didn't care about the show they'd just stop watching.

EDIT: Maybe it *is* the lack of Jerry, I dunno.

I think criticism is being unfair, but not totally unwarranted.

Particularly because not every episode in season 1 and 2 were gold. They just became part of what people love because of the Rick and morty high.

Episode 1 is great, episode 2 is admittedly weak, episode 3 was completely fine just with a lot of drama on the side, and episode 4 was a throwaway adventure.

I think eps 5 and 6 will be solid, but yes it's clear that as they move away from setting up the universe they'll focus more on the characters with the occasional throwaway gag episode.

They took as long as they did partially because they wanted to go this direction and didn't feel inspired to do more aching to season 1 and 2.

How can i watch this on my TV? For the episodes I have missed. I have cable, I have like every streaming service as well. I can only seem to find a mobile app and the website. Seems crazy. Its not even on demand.

How can i watch this on my TV? For the episodes I have missed. I have cable, I have like every streaming service as well. I can only seem to find a mobile app and the website. Seems crazy. Its not even on demand.
I think Amazon prime is selling the season, you can stream it via prime video if you buy it.

If you want to watch it based off not spending more, seems like the only option is to stream it via adult swim site and connect it to the hdmi. Or to see if your cable provider has it on demand.

*Poopy butthole voice*
Mr.Dan Harmon my Grandpa did too.

I have a question, Mr.Dan Harmon.

Mr.Dan Harmon, why are you soooooo greaaaat and not duuuumb?

giphy.gif

I enjoyed the episode but overall, it was kinda "meh" compared to other R&M episodes. Rick's actions felt a little too mean spirited for me this time.

The contrast between Season 1 Morty and present Morty is pretty stark. It feels like the family is headed for a breaking point this season where they realise they need Jerry in some form (or at least Rick will).

Episode is on dailymotion for those that missed it last night.

Solid show, though it's hard to one-up Pickle Rick. I didn't laugh as much, but I still had a good time.

OmegaFax

The neutrino bombs were a nice callback to the first episode of Rick & Morty. Morty kind of implies that the one in the first episode was a dud.

It's pretty much within Rick's character to make weapons of mass destruction and make-up bullshit lessons while he's blackout drunk.

I like how Rick casually sterilized the human race within the first minute of the episode and they never talk about it again.

LordOfChaos

I'm a bit surprised how up people are on this episode after being down on the previous one, for me it had the same sense of...Offness, something about the writing or timing, as the last episode. Can't say it got a chuckle. But, YMMV, glad people liked it. So far for me episode 1 is still the best this season though.

I'm a bit surprised how up people are on this episode after being down on the previous one, for me it had the same sense of...Offness, something about the writing or timing, as the last episode. Can't say it got a chuckle. But, YMMV, glad people liked it. So far for me episode 1 is still the best this season though.

Down on the previous one? Tons of people loved Pickle Rick. lol

Amazing how divisive this show has been.

Farmboy

Shows been firing off from a cylinders since the season opener for me. Fantastic episodes all around.

I agree. Great variety too. Not a bad one yet this season as far as I'm concerned (but then the previous seasons didn't have any out-and-out bad episodes either, just a few mediocre ones).

manfestival

so I was kinda hoping for the ultimate meta of how jerry was going to be in every other episode this season but it turned out to be false. Oh well, that would have been totally next level. This last episode was a little better for me only because of the timing simply because I have been playing until dawn and going through the motions of that

HariKari

Yeah, I agree with this. If anything, the show is becoming a bit more focused, getting better at what it does best.

I'm not so sure about that. If you put this episode against something like Mortynight Run, it doesn't seem to be in the same league. Everything is a little too on-the-nose this season aside from EP1.

Wasn't feeling the last two episodes but this one worked better for me. I dunno, maybe for me the soul of the show is Rick showing what an absolute heartless bastard he is. If anything I think that's why the Unity episode was one of my favourites. It kind of highlights that the only time Rick truly cares is when his crazy lifestyle doesn't work out how he wants it to.

Alienous

I'm not so sure about that. If you put this episode against something like Mortynight Run, it doesn't seem to be in the same league. Everything is a little too on-the-nose this season aside from EP1.

I think becoming focused is exactly the issue I'm having, ironically.

All of my favourite moments are really 'loose', not focused. A character study of Rick doesn't appeal to me as much as "the ground can be space, spaace, spaaace". But it feels like the character drama is a lot more of the focus this season.

TheOGB

Banned
I did find a lot of the second half funny, but it was definitely the weakest episode of the season so far. Not as many laughs, and not as much substance to back it up. At the end of it all I just felt like it was mean, and kind of a bummer, in a way that most other episodes usually aren't.

I think this episode could have benefited from a B plot, but I still enjoyed it. The season hasn't been laugh out loud funny since the first episode, but it's still been an enjoyable watch and a smile is on my face constantly when I watch it.

Mazre

Show just continues to deliver. Love that Morty has an actual stamp card for keeping track of when it's his turn to pick an adventure.

Kinglypuff

Neo Member
I'm also surprised that people enjoyed this episode that much, and hated 2 and 3, which were full of interesting character development for all the main characters. This one feels like more of the same, with Rick being an asshole, albeit in a even bleaker way than usual, and the story itself with the Avengers parody wasn't good enough to warrant that. The episode wasn't bad however, and it was interesting to see Morty becoming more and more jaded and used to Rick's tricks.

Since apparently Dan Harmon said he thought it was the weakest episode of the season really reassures me, because I still had an ok time viewing it.

Loving this season so far, especially since it's going in the direction I hope it would go. I always wanted to see more of Beth, because the character has an inherent sadness and brokenness to it that was yet to be fully explored, and the past few episode gave us a lot of that. Can't wait to see where that leads us.

Coolluck

It sucks that a lot of y'all aren't enjoying this season so much but I think it's been great. The only weak episode for me was Episode 2 and even that kept me more entertained than Get Schwifty.

rekameohs

Banned
It sucks that a lot of y'all aren't enjoying this season so much but I think it's been great. The only weak episode for me was Episode 2 and even that kept me more entertained than Get Schwifty.
This season is like exactly my style of humor. I am goddamn loving it right now.

Top Bottom