• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Every single episode thus far has been better than Get Schwifty and Raising Gazorpazorp. Many of you need to go back and watch S1 and 2 because you must be remembering them differently.

Better yet, watch a shuffle of S1-2 with the new episodes mixed in and show me how it suddenly changes when S3 episodes are shown.

rick and morty does face the zelda cycle holy shit

everyone said season 2 was a step down from the 1st overall (and it really was, some great episodes and moments aside, while still being an overall amazing season of tv) and now season 3 is still fantastic but it's apparently trash and now season 2 is in the upper echelon of mankind's greatest creations

Aiii

So not worth it
rick and morty does face the zelda cycle holy shit

everyone said season 2 was a step down from the 1st overall (and it really was, some great episodes and moments aside, while still being an overall amazing season of tv) and now season 3 is still fantastic but it's apparently trash and now season 2 is in the upper echelon of mankind's greatest creations

Every GAF TV show thread ever.

LotusHD

Banned
I disagree it has been mediocre. Not as strong as S1 and 2? Sure. But if that's your standard for mediocrity, I feel sorry for you.

Seriously, when you're unironically saying that random Spongebob thing was better, I think it's a safe guess that he won't be enjoying this season at all then...

jviggy43

Every single episode thus far has been better than Get Schwifty and Raising Gazorpazorp. Many of you need to go back and watch S1 and 2 because you must be remembering them differently.

Better yet, watch a shuffle of S1-2 with the new episodes mixed in and show me how it suddenly changes when S3 episodes are shown.

To start, over reliance on parody episodes.

To start, over reliance on parody episodes.
rick-and-morty-lucky-charms-750x399.jpg

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

jviggy43

Look whose purging now is probably my personal weakest episode from S2 because it does little than parody the source material. The first two examples you gave were small segments rather than entire episodes (oh wait thats not blips anc chips thats the anatomy episode nvm on that part; whats that parodying?). The inception parody was also a weak episode overall imo.

I just think so far we've had 4 episodes - out of those the one that's closest to a direct parody is the weakest. One wasn't a parody at all and that's the strongest, the pickle rick episode was great too and that wasn't really a parody outside of maybe nodding at john wick and ant-man a little bit? The vindicators was a play on superhero movies sure but it was also a great episode overall and it wasn't just a parody, it offered their commentary and unique universe.

jviggy43

I just think so far we've had 4 episodes - out of those the one that's closest to a direct parody is the weakest. One wasn't a parody at all and that's the strongest, the pickle rick episode was great too and that wasn't really a parody outside of maybe nodding at john wick and ant-man a little bit? The vindicators was a play on superhero movies sure but it was also a great episode overall and it wasn't just a parody, it offered their commentary and unique universe.

I mean i'm only judging on whats been put out so far, so of those 4 episodes I think 2 have been pretty weak due to the parody aspect. And its still good, I'm just in the camp that thinks its not on par with the previous 2 seasons-so far with only 4 episodes.

I mean i'm only judging on whats been put out so far, so of those 4 episodes I think 2 have been pretty weak due to the parody aspect. And its still good, I'm just in the camp that thinks its not on par with the previous 2 seasons-so far with only 4 episodes.

the thing is with not being too far into the season we've had 2 episodes that are decent to good and 2 that are ok. Every season so far has had at least 2-3 episodes I didn't care for as much as the others, so I'm willing to wait until the end before I join the cries of WORST SEASON EVAAAAA

Yeah, way too early to dog on this season. I'll say this though...last season had funnier moments so far. But last season also had lots of shit that was annoying. I'll take less funny (while still being funny) in place of obnoxious.

^Dammit. You put the word obnoxious in my mind.

caliph95

Yeah i seen mediocre and shit comedies.

Say what you will about season 3 and two episodes were underwhelming but it's nowhere that level yet

i guess the streaming thing is going to be a no go for every other episode besides the first 1/2 they streamed at the same time.

I guess all we can hope for is that they upload it soon after.

zeemumu

Well if you needed any more evidence that Beth is the worst, she's allowing her daughter to suffer just to feed her self-esteem about being a horse surgeon.

Puruzi

Banned
Damn plots like this always make me annoyed. when two characters start getting along and some shit happens that fucks it up.

Still a great ep so far but damn.

Top Bottom