• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

hughesta

Banned
wow what a MEDIOCRE season everything so far is just MEH

this was a fantastic episode in a season of good-great episodes

zeemumu

Feels like that was a bit much from Morty.

Or maybe not. The Adultswim livestream was spotty at the beginning so I didn't really see what Summer's ex did beside dump her.

They're all under the impression that he dumped Summer due to her not having the ideal body type that he wanted and went for someone else with bigger boobs, which is why Morty did what he did. That and because by this point he's sick of everyone's shit that he used Jerry to get rid of Rick just to have a little peace and quiet, only to have to deal with Summer's insecurities and Beth's insecurities/ego.

Korigama

An improvement over the Vindicators episode (which I'm not sure whether to rank above or below the Mad Max parody), but the premiere and Pickle Rick were still better.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Morty's getting progressively smarter and sick of Rick's shit. I'm wondering if Evil Morty is the end result of that.

In the first episode of the series, Morty is established as being stupid, something mentally wrong with him, etc. At this point in the series though, he honestly seems more intelligent than many other characters on the show and seems to be getting both smarter and more tired of Rick's shit as it goes on.

This Morty seems pretty close to going into Evil Morty territory, which I guess makes sense since our Rick was apparently closest to Evil Morty's Rick.

Eblo

Why was Morty's god damn bleeped out? Damn doesn't usually get bleeped

It does when it's god damn. Sort of like how "hole" gets bleeped when someone says asshole, but just saying "ass" is fine for some reason. Weird TV censorship.

Korigama

Why was Morty's god damn bleeped out? Damn doesn't usually get bleeped

It does when it's god damn. Sort of like how "hole" gets bleeped when someone says asshole, but just saying "ass" is fine for some reason. Weird TV censorship.
There are points when those words aren't bleeped though, even within the same episode (as with this one). Might be related to only being able to say certain words a set number of times per episode.

Puruzi

Banned
There are points when those words aren't bleeped though, even within the same episode (as with this one). Might be related to only being able to say certain words a set number of times per episode.

Noob Noob said it multiple times last episode and they weren't bleeped

Weird.

Opto

Banned
In the first episode of the series, Morty is established as being stupid, something mentally wrong with him, etc. At this point in the series though, he honestly seems more intelligent than many other characters on the show and seems to be getting both smarter and more tired of Rick's shit as it goes on.

This Morty seems pretty close to going into Evil Morty territory, which I guess makes sense since our Rick was apparently closest to Evil Morty's Rick.

Ironically, Rick's lie that Morty gets smart via their adventures is turning true.

Even though Rick nailed Jerry's whole way of getting through life, Rick's also been the beneficiary of pity

Noob Noob said it multiple times last episode and they weren't bleeped

Weird.

B5NIiZI.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Great episode.

Highlights:

Reverse button

We're free!

Accidental fratricide

Rick tearing down Jerry

"The one with the name that sounds like someone gave up halfway through naming it"

I'm still surprised at how much hate the Vindicators episode gets. That was great stuff.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fun episode. Didn't expect the B Plot to take up so much time but it was good. Beth and Jerry were both taken down by Morty and Rick.

Though, when you take this episode in context for the entire series, you kinda have to assume Summer only recently got back together with Ethan. Because otherwise she's been rather... unfaithful and it's harder to blame Ethan for being a jerk. Of course, with how this season's been going I wouldn't be surprised if Morty called Summer out on that later.

It's piracy/illegal if it's not an official stream guys.

Regardless if YouTube is the platform why do you think those get taken down immediately with copyright notices.

Episode should be up tomorrow on Amazon/itunes/adult swim and on demand if you have some form of cable.

There's no way around that. I'm heading to bed in the meantime lol.

Ernest

Banned
Yet ANOTHER great episode. Yeah, that's right! Another great episode this season! You don't agree? I'll fight you!

Anyhoo, I think this was the first time I didn't want to kill Jerry.

Kyuur

Fun episode. Didn't expect the B Plot to take up so much time but it was good. Beth and Jerry were both taken down by Morty and Rick.

Though, when you take this episode in context for the entire series, you kinda have to assume Summer only recently got back together with Ethan. Because otherwise she's been rather... unfaithful and it's harder to blame Ethan for being a jerk. Of course, with how this season's been going I wouldn't be surprised if Morty called Summer out on that later.

Have we seen Ethan at all since the Anatomy Park episode? Iirc that was the old universe's Summer, so it's entirely possible they were never together prior in this universe.

Cerium

That felt like a Season 2 episode, which is a good thing!

Morty's actions definitely seem to foreshadow Evil Morty to me.

Alastor3

I HATE starting a new tv serie when not all the season are released... but I just watched the 2 first episodes and I think im gonna have a problem....

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Have we seen Ethan at all since the Anatomy Park episode? Iirc that was the old universe's Summer, so it's entirely possible they were never together prior in this universe.

I thought the point of choosing this universe was that it was nearly identical to the old universe except that Rick and Morty solved the Cronenberg problem.

Sheroking

Darkest year of their adventures. Morty on the decline. Evil Morty already set-up. Rick has a coupon for one free Morty replacement and is seen in the credits picking up a new factory fresh Morty (probably not a real scene, but possibly a wink).

.... Too dark for even R&M?

This episode went to a really dark place, but you could argue that everyone came out of it better. Except for Morty (and Ethan and the kid, but that goes without saying). Morty's going to go full Rick before the season's over.

I was honestly pleasantly surprised by the episode, because I expected the whole assassination plot to be something set up by Rick and completely under his control, so it was kind of fun and interesting when it turned out the stuff happening with him and Jerry was actually (more or less) on the level.

Top Bottom