• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

"I was not in control of that situation. AT ALL."

Wow.

Please don't let this be another elaborate gambit on Rick's part. Please let his anguish be sincere.

"I was not in control of that situation. AT ALL."

Wow.

Please don't let this be another elaborate gambit on Rick's part. Please let his anguish be sincere.

I don't think Rick has any major reason to lie to Morty. But this is probably an excuse to have a vacation episode, vs any MAJOR character development from Rick.

Narroo

I'm inclined to agree. There might be story reasons they want to explore why Morty and heck, the whole family doesn't seem to be phased much or at all, or are now actively participating in violence and murders without much thought.

It was just last season where Rick implied to Morty that the reason he was participating in the purge was because he ate some food laced with .. whatever it was, some kind of purge inducing drugs on a candy bar, even though that may not have been true, the show was aware how far it went with having the innocent everyday people, like Morty, going on a killing spree. And when Summer was in the car which was protected by the alarm, and how horrified she was when the car alarm was murdering people.

Again, it might be that the show recognizes this and is going somewhere with it, but when these characters don't retain their innocence so much in Season 3, they're less endearing.

It's not like I abhor cartoon violence, but I thought the violence in Episode 4 was really off putting, especially since Morty barely had a reaction to seeing people he thought of as heroes dying left and right, and Rick being responsible really.

Rick seems particularly murderous this season too. It seems to fit the character when he's protecting himself, but he's going out of his way quite a bit this season.

The show's always been pretty violent, but it's been more violent this season that the others. The thing is, now the violence is often times the main joke, instead of being part of it.

The full scene (which I assume is the cold open for this episode) was released as a promo clip last month. Rick does NOT seem to be faking it.

Link: https://youtu.be/vcxza1NZeGk

As I've learned from Rickshank Redemption, if Rick is being emotional, he's really faking it for some ulterior motive.

If Rick's anguish in the cold open is just him scheming to screw somebody over or abuse Morty some more, I'm going to be disappointed.

The Adult Swim live viewer that you can watch with a cable subscription is laggy as fuck and totally unreliable. Guess I'm just gonna keep getting Sling 1 week trials until the season ends. I wish they just kept live streaming it free all season.

Do not use the live channel stream on adultswim.com if you are trying to watch free of interruption.

Top Bottom