• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Puruzi

Banned
Cool that Stacy is still alive

WEEK BREAK FUCK

Yp2611s.png

Truly cannot lock up the darkness. This episode went places alright..... Good episode and Stacy made it out alive, yay! Next next week for Aquaman!

Zubz

Banned
Man, that was dark, but I loved it! ... except the whole "adult women sleeping with Morty" thing. For some reason, I thought time had passed slightly in the show, so I thought he would be older now, too.

Sucks about the Labor Day Delay, too. I've been loving the JoJo's & DBS dubs... time for DBS' Dub to fall further behind the show proper, I guess, what with the original broadcasts doing a double-length episode in a couple weeks that the dub'll divide into 2 episodes when we get there... in 2019.

So did Rick technically die?

Eh. Technically this Rick's body died multiple times in the season premiere alone!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Passive Rick and Overconfident Morty.
"Little American Psycho" was too true.
That explains the snot-looking Rick & Morty from the trailer. I kind of want that spa treatment.
I love this show so much.
Interesting that they even developed Jessica a bit.
That last line... no wonder Ethan left Summer for her. She's a complete thot.

No he means that in the universe that Rick and Morty are in now the Cronenburg-ing still probably happened, or at least the potion running rampant initially part, but other-Rick put everything back to normal somehow.

what the hell are yall talking about?

Unless I am COMPLETELY misremembering, and I just watched that episode a few days ago, the two universes split before the cronenberg thing even started.

At the beginning of the episode Rick asks Morty to hand him a tool and Morty refuses plus complains which results in Rick giving him the potion.

In the universe they jumped to Morty actually does hand him the tool, which ends up killing them both and that's where OUR rick and morty jump in, bury the bodies and take over. In this universe it never happened.

hughesta

Banned

Unless I am COMPLETELY misremembering, and I just watched that episode a few days ago, the two universes split before the cronenberg thing even started.

At the beginning of the episode Rick asks Morty to hand him a tool and Morty refuses plus complains which results in Rick giving him the potion.

In the universe they jumped to Morty actually does hand him the tool, which ends up killing them both and that's where OUR rick and morty jump in, bury the bodies and take over. In this universe it never happened.
nope. Rick says that he cured the Cronenberg issue, and then "now that that's over, can you PLEASE hand me that screwdriver!"

Rick says he had to find a universe where he cured it but they also died right afterwards.

That Rick and Morty talk about how lucky they were to cure the Cronenberg problem, before going back and finishing the project, which then kills them.

FSLink

Banned

You're misremembering. In that same universe right before they cut to Rick asking for a screwdriver, they show someone delivering the paper with "GENETIC EPIDEMIC AVERTED"

That Rick and Morty talk about how lucky they were to cure the Cronenberg problem, before going back and finishing the project, which then kills them.

You're misremembering. In that same universe right before they cut to Rick asking for a screwdriver, they show someone delivering the paper with "GENETIC EPIDEMIC AVERTED"

huh. Guess I never paid attention too much attention to that. Always made sense to me that the time split came beforehand.

But I guess this further emphasizes that what one rick figures out another may struggle with due to different circumstances. I still wouldn't give the excuse that some women are still into Morty due to it though. This is more of a joke that an extremely confident Morty is slimy and nice enough he can get most women he wants. Not to mention the teenage boy's fantasy to be able to score older women, plus a bit of Wolf of Wallstreet parody.

Top Bottom