• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Shaneus

Yup. It's not that they liked the episode. It's that they liked that one line. A lot. And quote it. A lot. Without the context that made it work.
As much as I love the line and the delivery, I still think "Get that parkour!" is infinitely funnier and more quotable.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dumbest joke I can't believe I caught in the finale was when Rick goes through the old portal to kill Jerry, the soldier lights the portal with fire like you do in Minecraft.

Rafavert

Hey, guys, quick question for ep10!

Apparently you have a need to swing your dick around.

Working on the translation and am unsure of what's meant here. Ideas?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Are these actual people that you know in real life? Or internet people that "yell" it by typing it? Or (most likely) hypothetical people that you read about in articles like that Vice article?

I'm confused because in episode Morty points out repeatedly how stupid Pickle Rick is. The joke is that it's so stupid and pointless and Rick only did it to avoid character development.

It's so weird people literally think it's meant to be a meme, when the Jaguar's entire existence is rooted in becoming something else for an actual, tangible reason.

Bluth54

Waving your dick around basically means to show off or do something in a very flashy or obvious way.

Are these actual people that you know in real life? Or internet people that "yell" it by typing it? Or (most likely) hypothetical people that you read about in articles like that Vice article?

Just last week 2 of my coworkers were talking about tv shows when one of them said "Hey did you guys watch Rick and Morty?" And I answered "Yeah it's pretty goo-"
"PICKLE RIIIICK. Hah it's so funny PICKLE RIIIICK". And the other coworker started "TINY RIIIIIICK".

So yeah, those people definitely exist.

Just last week 2 of my coworkers were talking about tv shows when one of them said "Hey did you guys watch Rick and Morty?" And I answered "Yeah it's pretty goo-"
"PICKLE RIIIICK. Hah it's so funny PICKLE RIIIICK". And the other coworker started "TINY RIIIIIICK".

So yeah, those people definitely exist.

i'm guilty of doing the pickle rick thing, but not instantly like in your exemple, i discuss the show first!

Zubz

Banned
From what I can tell, a lot of the people who didn't like the finale don't like that Rick lost to Jerry.

Oh, that was by far the best part. It's just that it felt anti-climatic, which, the more I think about it, was probably the right way to do it since it meant Jerry won a battle he didn't even know he was in, just by experiencing personal growth while simultaneously remaining Jerry.

Yeah, it's kind of great that the writers have established Jerry as Rick's eternal foil

Definitely. Hopefully this means we see more of him next season.

Oh, that was by far the best part. It's just that it felt anti-climatic, which, the more I think about it, was probably the right way to do it since it meant Jerry won a battle he didn't even know he was in, just by experiencing personal growth while simultaneously remaining Jerry.

Definitely. Hopefully this means we see more of him next season.
I wasn't pleased with how little Jerry grew, but it seems like this is how the writers thought Jerry could realistically grow in that small amount of time.

It's like the idiom "throw your weight around" but with an implication of male overcompensation.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
This is a deep ending to season three

I still think two was more of a cliffhanger but this ending was great. I hope they are already working on season four

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ugh I really do hope there's a secret finale coming. It totally fits along with the rest of the season what with its surprise premiere on April Fools and anticlimactic current finale that didn't have time to tie up two major plot points.

LotusHD

Banned
Ugh I really do hope there's a secret finale coming. It totally fits along with the rest of the season what with its surprise premiere on April Fools and anticlimactic current finale that didn't have time to tie up two major plot points.

Gonna end up disappointing yourself

rick-morty-workout.jpg

Zero315

Banned
I am. Do we know why they lost 4 episodes this season? And with so little notice? I would think CN would have wanted them to have all 14.
Sounds like they had issues getting 14 done.

Like Game of Thrones, you’ve done about 10 episodes per season, which is pretty short for a half hour animated show. This season was supposed to have more and you guys ran into some trouble getting it done. Does 10 feel like the most you can do for keeping the quality high?

I don’t think so, but you shouldn’t trust me, because I mostly blame myself for doing 10 instead of 14. I’m still learning how to do the show efficiently while catering to the perfectionist in all of us. I would like to think I’ve learned enough from my mistakes in season 3 that we could definitely do 14 now, but then I have to say, “Yeah but you’re the guy who says we can do 14 who turned out to be wrong so we’re not listening to you now.” The nice healthy way to approach this is I want to prove it with the first 10 of season 4 — prove it to ourselves, to production, to the network — that it’s so easy that we’ll earn additional episodes. Because I never got this far [working on NBC’s] Community. I fell apart in season 3 of Community and got fired in season 4. Now I’m about to do season 4 of Rick and Morty and want to prove that I’ve grown.

Moosichu

It's worth pointing out that it's the basis of a pun later on in the episode though.

What were they?

Presumably you mean
Evil Morty
as one?

My favourite episode overall is probably still Total Rickall. This season was okay, but I think on reflection there were only 3 episodes I really liked - Vindicators 3, Ricklantis Mixup & Morty's Mind Blowers (best montage episode yet). Possibly Rest & Ricklaxation as well. The finale was weak IMO, and felt kind of underwhelming after the incredible ending to season 2.

Worst episode overall is still Gazorpazorp though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm confused because in episode Morty points out repeatedly how stupid Pickle Rick is. The joke is that it's so stupid and pointless and Rick only did it to avoid character development.

It's so weird people literally think it's meant to be a meme, when the Jaguar's entire existence is rooted in becoming something else for an actual, tangible reason.

Pickle Rick ends with the therapist literally explaining to both Rick and the audience that the stupid pickle thing was an avoidance mechanism so he wouldn't have to put in the emotional work of becoming better

I do not know how anything about that episode could have been less subtle

SoulUnison

Banned
Yeah,
Phoenix Person
was hardly a major plot point. Just felt like a silly after credits stinger to me. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again.

Right? Didn't people learn anything from Community? From paintball?

We'll see him again if there's a compelling and - most importantly - comedic reason to, otherwise, what's the point?

Pickle Rick ends with the therapist literally explaining to both Rick and the audience that the stupid pickle thing was an avoidance mechanism so he wouldn't have to put in the emotional work of becoming better

I do not know how anything about that episode could have been less subtle

I think it's because it flies over people's heads that all that stuff is suppose to be BAD.

HariKari

I think it's because it flies over people's heads that all that stuff is suppose to be BAD.

Yeah, I think a good portion of the fanbase lacks the life experience to relate to some of the themes, or at least relate to them in the way the creators intended. "I am the universe and have all the answers" is a very early 20s thing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah, I think a good portion of the fanbase lacks the life experience to relate to some of the themes, or at least relate to them in the way the creators intended. "I am the universe and have all the answers" is a very early 20s thing.

I'm waiting for the season 4 episode where Rick and Morty directly break the 4th wall to just talk to the camera and shit on the audience for half an hour. Maybe transport some hardcore Rick and Morty fans to that universe where giant monsters will shove them into their alien crotches.

Top Bottom