• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey Box and Six Foot are teaming up with Tequila Works to publish RiME

It lives!

b0cc25ae6847b9946a5500ad3df04e0e.png

Source: https://twitter.com/tequilaworks/status/763390799044378624/photo/1

DKHF

http://www.gertlushgaming.co.uk/2016/08/10/grey-box-publish-rime-partnership-six-foot-tequila-works/

Grey Box and Six Foot have announced they are teaming up with developer Tequila Works to publish the studio’s much-anticipated adventure game, RiME.

“From its very first moving reveal, RiME has been a game that has excited and fascinated our team,” said Christian Svensson, COO of Six Foot. “Tequila Works has put an immense amount of passion and creativity into shaping a beautiful and deeply personal universe, and we’re all excited to share that experience with gamers next year.”

RiME is a single-player puzzle adventure game about a young boy shipwrecked on a mysterious island after a torrential storm. Players must use their wits to decipher the challenges and secrets of an expansive world strewn with rugged terrain, wild creatures and the crumbling ruins of a long-forgotten civilization. With subtle narrative, colorful cel-shaded artwork and a sweeping score, RiME offers players a meaningful journey filled with discovery.

“We’ve always wanted RiME to captivate players’ imaginations, capturing that feeling of being a child and experiencing the wonders of a bedtime story for the first time,” said Raúl Rubio Munárriz, CEO & creative director of Tequila Works. “We’re so excited to find in Grey Box and Six Foot partners just as eager as we are to make that vision for such a personal project a reality.”

Additional information about RiME, including gameplay and platform availability details, will be unveiled at the beginning of 2017, as Grey Box, Six Foot and Tequila Works ready the title for release later that year.

Ydelnae

Well, I've heard that Tequila was considering porting the game to other platforms, so maybe it's no longer a PS4 exclusive.

DrArchon

I still don't believe that this game will ever come out. It's going to die in development and we'll never hear from it again. Feel free to quote me on that.

At the very least, it'll be a completely different game from what we've seen of it.

wrowa

For people like me who have never heard of Six Foot before: Six Foot is the publisher behind Dreadnought (the new game by Yager, the developer of Spec Ops: The Line).

Tntnico

Amazing news ! This is one of my most anticipated game !

I (mostly) bought a PS4 for this, but I think I'll buy it on Xbox One if they confirm the release on it !

PSOreo

Am I going crazy or was this not originally with Microsoft, who passed on it during development and then it passed to Sony who did the same thing?

Pleased for them to finally have a publisher, hope the game turns out well.

I thought t was originally Sony who dumped them and then Gamestop picked it up.
If Gamestop has dumped them too then were looking at dumpster fire territory.

Kayant

Some actual news would you look at that!
Additional information about RiME, including gameplay and platform availability details, will be unveiled at the beginning of 2017, as Grey Box, Six Foot and Tequila Works ready the title for release later that year.
Well good luck with that if rumors of development where true.

killroy87

I'll wait and see on this one. I feel like if the game was looking incredible, it wouldn't have had such an uncertain future.

Grief.exe

This was initially coming to PC/PS4.

I wonder if that is still the case or if it is coming to XBO as well. The site wasn't working for me earlier.

Top Bottom