• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grey Box and Six Foot are teaming up with Tequila Works to publish RiME

DJIzana

Oh heeeeell yeah!

Ever since I saw this footage I've been super excited. I absolutely love the art style and the color in this game... that water too! Even if it was supposedly all pre-rendered... surely they can make the game look like this. Heck, even Zelda: Breath of the Wild has a similar aesthetic to it.

2628042-1860874874-hgoax.gif

udivision

I remember the developer being a bit annoyed at the comparisons to Zelda... wonder if that'll ramp up again with BotW, heh.

EDIT: Well, right on cue.

I hope it's good, but honestly after all this time I have so little faith in the game any more. It doesn't help that it's been picked up by two (?) publishers who I've never heard of. I was half expecting Deep Silver would be publishing this, after they handled the Deadlight re-release.

I forgot about this game. I was worried about it's development and how long it was taking, hopefully their vision is being realized smoothly and accurately.

Guymelef

I hope it's good, but honestly after all this time I have so little faith in the game any more. It doesn't help that it's been picked up by two (?) publishers who I've never heard of. I was half expecting Deep Silver would be publishing this, after they handled the Deadlight re-release.

I expected Deep Silver as well after Deadlight re-release, then I changed my bet to Gamestop, Tequila was on their list.

I gues nobody want's to put money on Rime. You can't blame them.

AmuroChan

Not going to get excited about this until I see actual gameplay. That fact that both Microsoft and Sony said no to this game tells me that there's something not right.

timberger

Never heard of them... but they probably won't have to work too hard publishing Rime seeing as the game probably won't get finished at this rate.

I'm surprised TW are so stuck on this title after all this time seeing as they could probably have done just as well if not better just making a sequel to Deadlight... something which is within their capabilities.

I expected Deep Silver as well after Deadlight re-release, then I changed my bet to Gamestop, Tequila was on their list.

I gues nobody want's to put money on Rime. You can't blame them.

I mean, Sony is typically pretty good at funding games which are long in development, so if Sony dropped them and handed over the IP I suspect things must have been in a pretty awful state. Again, Tequila Works teaming up with a pair of no-names when they've had dealings with much bigger publishers in the past is not especially encouraging.

NewDust

This is driving me nuts. There was an indie game initially announced for PS4, then later announced for PC as well.
He's not wrong though,
We poudly announce that our next game, RiME, will be published with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe as a First Party PS4 exclusive!
Link

Announced as PS4 exclusive, not just announced first on PS4.

I-hate-u

Sony dropping it doesn't mean it's bad.

Remember when Sony didn't want to publish Demon's in the West because they thought it was a bad game? LMAO.

I really don't believe this game's ever going to come out, or at least not looking like the 2013 trailers. It seems like Rime has only ever been a scam to keep Tequilaworks' doors open, never actually a game. If they've managed to secure new funding then presumably they must have something to show, but frankly I'll believe it when I see it.

DJIzana

So much pessimism, still, wow.

They're saying 2017 (which isn't really *that* far away either). Why magically shoot out a date if they don't have anything to show off? Just to draw attention to their company name? I highly doubt that's the case.

FerDS

They're saying 2017 (which isn't really *that* far away either). Why magically shoot out a date if they don't have anything to show off? Just to draw attention to their company name? I highly doubt that's the case.

Well, they "shot out" 2015 before and look how that turned out...

That said, I'm still hopeful about this.

After reading the thread from when Sony dropped it, I have absolutely zero faith that this will ever come out. It's a shame, I was interested when it was first announced.

eerik9000

I'm surprised TW are so stuck on this title after all this time seeing as they could probably have done just as well if not better just making a sequel to Deadlight... something which is within their capabilities.

They got government funding for RIME, which I'm sure complicates cancelling it outright.

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Hey everyone, I am the CM from SixFoot, working on RiME.

I wanted to stop in, say hey, and introduce myself. I've been reading all of the forum posts and have been thrilled to see all of the excitement, as well as all of the concerns over RiME. While I won't speak to the past of RiME as that is not my place to do, I will assure you that we hear your concerns, and understand where they come from. I can promise you that we are getting closer and closer to providing you with all of the information you are looking for, including a release date, but that will again be the beginning of next year. Our plan has been to do this right from the moment we became the publisher, and to do that we need this time. I am actually heading to Tequila Works studio next week to meet with the team there and talk about community initiatives, and how we can best support everyone.

As I said, I understand your concerns, and I can promise that every bit of information you guys have asked we have also asked ourselves. We have a lot of plans for the beginning of 2017. RiME is coming, I promise you that, I work with it each and every day of my life. I'll be glad to address any questions about this if anyone has them, within reason, of course, I can't share things like a release date, or what our plans are for the beginning of 2017 just yet. :)

As for who Grey Box and SixFoot are, we are young in the game-space, having published the RTS Grey Goo, and currently working in a closed beta for Dreadnought.

~Dariuas
RiME Community Manager

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Dreadnought looks pretty good and Grey Goo was awesome, so ,yeah, quality publishers :)

Don't have much faith in Rime, though.

I am glad you like Dreadnought and Goo! RiME is coming, I promise you :)

~Dariuas
RiME Community Manager

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Oh heeeeell yeah!

Ever since I saw this footage I've been super excited. I absolutely love the art style and the color in this game... that water too! Even if it was supposedly all pre-rendered... surely they can make the game look like this. Heck, even Zelda: Breath of the Wild has a similar aesthetic to it.

2628042-1860874874-hgoax.gif

I am glad you're super excited about RiME, we have been really excited to share the news with everyone. The artwork is beautiful and once you get your hands on it, I know you'll love it even more!

Rumors also said Tower Defense so who the fuck knows what the current state is.

Wait really? What the fuck? I was looking forward to this after the first trailer, but without any indication of that style of gameplay, that would be a pretty big switcheroo to pull. Reminds me of Brutal Legend, which nobody expected to be a lite-RTS. In any event, I suppose I'm in camp pessimistic given that it seems unlikely Sony would have invested in this for so long only to drop it when they're supposedly only a year away from release (if 2017 is to be believed).

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Wait really? What the fuck? I was looking forward to this after the first trailer, but without any indication of that style of gameplay, that would be a pretty big switcheroo to pull. Reminds me of Brutal Legend, which nobody expected to be a lite-RTS. In any event, I suppose I'm in camp pessimistic given that it seems unlikely Sony would have invested in this for so long only to drop it when they're supposedly only a year away from release (if 2017 is to be believed).

Hey there Springfoot. That was just a rumour, I can promise you that.

RiME is a single-player puzzle adventure game about a young boy shipwrecked on a mysterious island after a torrential storm. (Very markety sounding, but it's the truth. :)

~Dariuas
RiME Community Manager

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager

This is true DJIzana, we will have more to show in the beginning of 2017. We are so excited for 2017 to roll around for just this reason.

Top Bottom