• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Sir Roger Moore

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Sweet story I've just seen on twitter:

DAhU9RXXsAMza2F.jpg

DAhU-K-XsAAT0CL.jpg

https://twitter.com/MrKenShabby/status/867036448037511169

This is possibly the best celebrity story I've ever read.

So unfortunate. Rest In Piece, Roger Moore.

For Your Eyes Only is probably my third favourite Bond film (after OHMSS and FRWL), so I have an attachment to Moore's Bond. While not all his films were great, he still starred in two of the best Bond films around, FYEO and The Spy Who Loved Me. He was great in those, and I love his charming, gentlemanly take on the character. After seeing Craig in the role for more than 10 years and a whole bunch of gritty spy movies, Moore's take seems so refreshing right now, and it's so sad the man is no longer with us.

Pandy

As ever in these cases, thoughts go out to his family.

Had friends round and watched Fire, Ice and Dynamite for the first time this weekend. Feels retrospectively like we gathered to say farewell. RIP, Sir Roger.

LoveCake

My favourite Bond, Roger was the Bond who I grew up watching, so very sad to hear of his passing.

ENGG4VT.jpg

Nobody did it better.

RIP.

What a week...Sad to see him go. At least he'll always live on as Bond; one that struck this strange balance between terrible and great, which somehow worked out very well. RIP

WolfeTone

Sad news. He was probably my least favourite Bond but I always got he sense that he enjoyed the role the most. A lot of the other actors in the franchise distanced themselves from the role afterwards but I feel like Roger Moore embraced it the most.

EGM1966

RIP. Suave, funny and always came across as a lovely guy.

I'm not religious but I like to imagine him giving a classic Moore nod and eyebrow raise at the Pearly Gates anyway.

A good life but very sad to see him go.

nitewulf

RIP. Octopussy was my first Bond movie. Even though I didn't like most of his Bond movies once older, I have fond memories of watching those.

Top Bottom