• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of The Ronin | Final Previews Released

-Assassin’s Creed 2 exploration and storytelling
-A smidgen of Ninja Gaiden’s combat
-Dark Souls difficulty (multiple difficulty settings)
-Precise timing for counters
-Parry with stamina meter
-Large open world
-Tons of stuff to do
-Side quests
-Pet cats
-Customize your Longhouse
-Mini-games
-Intriguing story
-Decisions that matter
-Entire gear system that encourages you to learn different weapons
-Three graphics modes

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

With the terrible pop in either TN doesn't know how to utilize the PS5 or its secretly simultaneously being programed for the PC.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The final Previews for Rise of The Ronin have been released

The game is out in march 2024 for PS5

VIDEOS:

BLOGPOSTS:

Rise-of-the-Ronin-PREVIEW-4.jpg
rise-of-the-ronin-preview-potentially-team-ninjas-deepest-v0-RIG7zHCdzNOIxFZ5mlafdEgWGGhUAKzPJn4N7GAqL0g.jpg

Rise-of-the-Ronin-Preview-Screenshot-2-May-I-have-this-dance.jpg
Rise-of-the-Ronin-Black-Ship.jpg

Rise-of-the-Ronin-preview-ultima-ficha-8-scaled.jpg
Rise-of-the-Ronin-1400x788.jpg.webp

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Lmao those graphics look mid gen PS4 at best. Shameful. That pop in, holy christ.

Entire game looks dated as shit. This is supposed to be a PS5 exclusive?

They make FROM look talented visually.

4/10 from me. Next!

You cant make an open world game that you want me to get immersed in and skimp out on everything except combat. They have no idea what they're doing here. Go back to linear masterpieces like Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Seeing the impressions from the people I trust, this looks like a day one buy. Yeah it's not visually stunning, but the graphics are still fine and everything else looks absolutely insane. I loved Tsushima, but this seems to have even better combat and a far more interesting open world.

Sleepwalker

From what I'm eeing so far im not really interested. hope the people in here that are excited for it get a great experience out of it. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Kings Field

There are tons of super positive previews all around that I'm reading.
Posting the only one that is not overly excited has no sense.

I don’t spend 24/7 on game journalists sites or YouTube. This came popping up, I watched it, and I posted it.

Others have added others.

Thanks.

EDIT: Thank you for posting other impressions. I added them to the OP!

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Dark souls difficulty (multiple difficulty settings)

What on earth does that even mean?

"normal" may be Dark Souls but there is an easy and a harder one is my guess.

Anyone know how Fighting Cowboy liked Wo Long? Cause that was a skip for me after playing it on Game Pass. If this is even worse. Oh boy

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I stopped watching him after he said he wasn't going to play Hogwarts Legacy because there was too much controversy around it.
This is what im talking about with gamepress... there is no way of thrusting anyone who says something like this .... bacause anything minor as it is can be a motive for "not liking" something ... it dosent have propoer representation, it treats women bad, no lgbt characters and so on.. even if the guy dosent say it .. the bias is there in someway. Fucked up times.

april6e

It's funny. Many people saw this coming from a mile away when they showed that trailer with the dated graphics and clunky gameplay and fanboys of this game were calling everyone haters. Then the previews are confirming exactly what we thought. I don't think the game is going to be bad or anything but it was clear the moment they showed gameplay that we aren't getting another Sekiro or Ghost of T here.

Last edited:

Moneal

This is what im talking about with gamepress... there is no way of thrusting anyone who says something like this .... bacause anything minor as it is can be a motive for "not liking" something ... it dosent have propoer representation, it treats women bad, no lgbt characters and so on.. even if the guy dosent say it .. the bias is there in someway. Fucked up times.
I will say, he didn't present any of that type of stuff when I used to watch him. He is also quite knowledgeable about these types of games, up until that stream he was my go too youtuber for souls like gameplay opinions.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
interesting take, elden ring does look like a shit unless u play on PC and it still does :p
Agreed. If you know my post history here you’d know I hate From games too lol. But they at least look better than this visually. This has better combat. But they’ve mailed it in with everything else.

Open world looks straight out of the PS3 era in terms of content and design.

Stealth straight out of PS3 era. That bow section made me shudder

Visuals mid gen PS4

No clue about the story, not expecting anything engaging.

Combat looks solid, saving grace.

But an open world needs to have a world I’d want to get lost in exploring.

This screams “why the fuck is it open world”

4/10 on my notoriously difficult rating scale

Last edited:

Skifi28

It's funny. Many people saw this coming from a mile away when they showed that trailer with the dated graphics and clunky gameplay and fanboys of this game were calling everyone haters. Then the previews are confirming exactly what we thought. I don't think the game is going to be bad or anything but it was clear the moment they showed gameplay that we aren't getting another Sekiro or Ghost of T here.
"We saw this coming, we told you so."

Most of the previews are quite positive though...

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Nioh 2 is one of his all time favourites and he ranks it above most of From's games.

The "accessibility" is to the detriment of this game from the look of things.
Open world and accessibility... just death sentences for my enjoyment of souls like games ...

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nioh 2 is one of his all time favourites and he ranks it above most of From's games.

The "accessibility" is to the detriment of this game from the look of things.

Not really. You can't pass judgement on total depth based on a couple of hours of playtime - especially in a game with this sort of open-world format.

The whole point of having open environments is that the player has plenty of alternatives to, and distractions from, the "golden path". A game like Nioh is the exact opposite of this; the level-based progression is all "golden path" and every side-mission is segregated from it, and clearly marked as being separate.

If you want an obvious point of comparison, think about what most people get done in the first couple of hours of Elden Ring the first time they play it, versus what can be done by an experienced player who knows exactly where to go and when in order to maximize their character development.

Top Bottom