• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - High-Res Screenshots

I really like the shot of when she is in the cliff side desert ruins. :D Other than that, the fur on the bear looks pretty nice!

my worse fear is to be eaten by a bear.. this is actually quite frightening.

Well, this certainly doesn't look like a scan:

rise_of_the_tomb_raidzvu4b.jpg

She looks like Ellen Page to be fair aha.

Beyond: Three Souls :p

LuuKyK

lol Yeah, there is something really wrong with the fur (her jacket, the bear) in this game. Stark contrast to the rest of the textures.

Vuze

Hm, looks pretty so-so in stills, probably better in motion. Nevertheless, looking forward to play it once it hits PC. Sorta liked the reboot.

Kezen

Banned
Textures are awfully low res.
I was expecting significantly more for an Xbox One exclusive not held back by the 360 version dixit CD.
zJTGkDL.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay I saw the screens now. This looks... rough. Luckily they have some time but the last-gen feel is definitely showing in a big way.

Cyd0nia

Banned
This is the most convincing Ray Harryhausen bear I have ever seen.

I don't know if you say this as a friendly jibe but I'd totally love a game that looked like Ray Harryhausen effects through and through. His skeletons and such were scary shit! It'd be a neat way to stylise animation in something like a God of War game!

UglyPony

So did we find out if this is a timed exclusive or exclusive "exclusive"? Because i honestly don't know anymore. They are so vague.

JP

Sort of looks OK. It may be my memory but I seem to remember the PS4 remaster actually looked better than this which is a little worrying, particularly if these are proper press shots.

Toa TAK

Banned
Face change again. Just as I warmed up to the DE version.

Looks like something that would run on the 360. The faces overall look better, though.

Derpyduck

Banned
So did we find out if this is a timed exclusive or exclusive "exclusive"? Because i honestly don't know anymore. They are so vague.

I hope we find this out sooner rather than later too. I don't want to buy an Xbox One until they redesign it. But I want this game more than I want Uncharted. I'm willing to wait 1-6 months though for it to come to PS4.

Ehh, I don't know...definitely some changes in the face.

Yeah, she looks different in different pics. It's weird. Some of the pics look like artist renditions to me. Why is there such a lack of detail in some of them? They look hand drawn.

Not sure they look that good. Some textures are kinda ugly, is this the 360 version ?

I will probably get the game anyway as i liked the one from 2013 + i have an Xbox One.

Top Bottom