• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - High-Res Screenshots

The_Monk

This is one title I'm hoping it turns out to be a wonderful experience with nice sound effects, some variety in weather (night/day snow, rain, fog) and a decent soundtrack as well.

Unfortunately I will have to wait a bit, like many others, since it's not releasing on a platform I own. But either way, I expect the very best for this game.

360 is being developed by a completely different studio so...

Yeah but I am sure they aren't recreating assets between the two studios. There is most certainly some sharing going on. I mean look at Titanfall and FH2 two games that had other developers doing the old console version. I don't think either of the X1 versions look particularly fantastic and I would imagine that has to do with them still sharing a lot of resources not because of a power issue.

gOk3IW0.jpg

I quick look and I thought this was Drake.... lol

Cant really tell much from the screens. Everything is hid with blur. I guess the character model looks ok?

But Hey. At least Lara has the smarts now to wear a jacket and not be running around a snowy mountain in a tank top.

Not impressed compared to Uncharted 4, but that won't stop me from enjoying it (whenever I get it to play it).

This is cross-gen regardless of the company talk.

gruenel

So did we find out if this is a timed exclusive or exclusive "exclusive"? Because i honestly don't know anymore. They are so vague.

almost certainly timed. dunno how long though

Yeah it's timed.

I hope we find this out sooner rather than later too. I don't want to buy an Xbox One until they redesign it. But I want this game more than I want Uncharted. I'm willing to wait 1-6 months though for it to come to PS4.

It's timed, MS admitted it after shit went down.

Paskil

At first, I thought she had on a jetpack during the bear fight picture. Then I did a doubletake because I was sure that she was using some type of flaming gas attack. Then I realized it was probably just a light.

The faces look good but everything else still feels like cross gen, despite the fact different studios are doing each version. Disappointing texture work compared to other stuff we've seen lately

Looks really cross-gen.

Yup, the comparisons and fanboy wars between this and Uncharted 4 won't be pretty or even amusing :/
I do wonder if the PS4 version next year will bother updating the visuals at all, since I don't really see them keeping it cross gen for the PlayStation release.

Orayn

Exclusivity clusterfuck aside, I'm really liking everything I've seen and heard about Rise of the Tomb Raider so far. Moving in a more TLoU-ish direction with "heavier" combat and more emphasis on survival would mesh really well with the feeling they were trying to establish in the first game. Color me cautiously optimistic, I guess.

antti-la

Uh oh, is someone trying to hide bad graphics by adding surreal amounts of noise, bloom, motion blur, film grain and other video-effect shenanigans. It's like 2006 cross-gen games all over again.

Well she's supposed to be older right, so a slightly broader face is possible.

Looks like Uncharted

Broader face = older ?!??? Maybe if the rest of the body has gotten a little fattier too, but Uncharted
looked and this looks like completely different cheekbones.

Do they want to lose some sexyness here on purpose to make Lara less of a sex-symbol? I would have liked a change of voice-actress better, but who knows, maybe that is coming too.

nib95

Banned
The game is still a while off, but yea, it's not looking as impressive as I'd have expected, graphically speaking. So far it doesn't really look much different to TR DE. Thankfully DE is still a great looking game, so it's not a big deal. Would have been nice to get a completely all out new engine AC Unity style though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Really..people comparing the visuals to last gen!? xD Calling it 360?? Have you not played many 360 games recently? I think current gen is messing with people's heads. These visuals are definitely a step above what last gen could do.

Even though they aren't really super impressive, still look pretty good for what they are going for IMO. If its a 1080p 30fps game on XB1, it makes sense it looks like it does. I will wait for the 1080p 60fps version by Nixxes(they better put Nixxes on the job)

Top Bottom