• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

So many better OT titles mentioned in the thread-ah well, good job OP

Excited to pick this up and sink hours collecting all marks on the map. ;)

Chicken-Bomb Edition Get!

Dinjooh

Lol! Glorious
Jonah, right ?

OV4arw8.jpg

Yuup

This is the most envious I've been to a XONE owners so far. Enjoy the game you lucky handsome devils. I go sit in the corner and wait till this comes out on PS4.

Or maybe it's time to dust off that good old 360. Does anyone have any impressions how playable the 360 version is? At least some of screenshots and videos looked surprisingly good. First get that version and later the PS4. :)

Jornax

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| A Crofty Lady
Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| Wait, didn't she rise in the previous game?
Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT| Rise of the planet of the tombs

I only just started playing DE, cause I was waiting for Blops 3 to install. I'm enjoying it! It feels so much smoother to play than Uncharted. Hoping Rise will be more of the same, didn't really follow it to release but the Games with Gold promotion did its job to get me interested :lol

Montresor

What was the original title?

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs

? That caused a ruckus?

edit: Nevermind, post #4 shows what the original title was. Okay, now that's more understandable lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
cancelled my UK preorder from amazon and am instead buying US credit so I can download it tonight. Really enjoyed TR2013 and even collected everything (although some of the tiny trinkets were a bit annoying). It was fairly enjoyable wandering around post-game.

Even a 'more of the same' sequel would be enough for me so looking foward to playing it. reviews look good.

That title sounds salty as hell.
nah, it's spot on and hilarious.

The maturity level of a big place like GAF with thousands of posters simply can't handle something like that when it comes to console preference, everyone regresses back to age 13 or something lol.

Witty and funny OP! I know many, personally don't mind at all about the wait for other platforms,

I was actually going to wait on this game because of Fallout, but then that Rewards deal let me get Rise of the Tomb Raider and Rare Replay for $44 combined, which was too good to pass up.

Now I'm thinking I may play TR before FO.

just gonna copy and paste my initial impressions.

Granted this feeling may be different for everyone but to me it's that feeling of extra polish in terms of game play and Graphics. Also I am a sucker for these platformer/shooting/adventure games.

I have played about 2 hours maybe more and it is clear this game is special.

Last time I got this feeling was from Uncharted 2.

Graphics other than some Aliasing are great. Lara's animations are a highlight for me. I always keep my expectations low when it comes to IQ on xbone but in this case gameplay looks very crisp. cutscenes actually have a softness to them for some reason.

I took a few screenshots but xbone will not let me upload. but yes game looks stunning to me.

Sound separation really immerses you into the environment. you can hear the wind and environmental effects all around you.

In terms of gameplay everything seems like the first one but up to 11. Levels bigger,huge skill tree,meatier gunplay. Puzzles are a little more complex but not what I would call hard.

These are first impressions but man jaw is on the floor did not expect the game to be this good.

Montresor

The new title should be:

Rise of the Tomb Raider |OT|: Uncharted lite; will buy next year; ludonarrative dissonance galore; AAA check-list, the game; nothing like the original games; insert Kaz Hirai CEO quotation here.

Top Bottom