• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale Season 2 |OT| Something Wicked This Way Comes

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Like I said before, They want us and Archie to think the murders are about him, but I bet it is just the Black Hood's vigilante justice. Also, in certain comics, there were supernatural overtones to the hood.

Hmm. That's an interesting thought. I mean, Grundy is a sexual predator and identity thief. Midge and Moose both bought drugs, right? Alice Cooper did point out that Pop's is now a haven for the riff-raff, open drug deals and all.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why target Fred then?

Now that's the mystery! Maybe that has to do with whatever might've been in his wallet.

It raises questions, because if you're targeting Fred why do it at Pop's? Fred is in the middle of some shadiness too, even if it isn't him doing it. Between Hermione Lodge and his past with F.P., it would be hard to believe he's not involved with the Serpents.

Pluto

I just remembered something ... wasn't Jughead supposed to be at a different school? What happened to that, he wa shanging out with Archie, Betty and Veronica at Riverdale High.

ShadyK54

I just remembered something ... wasn't Jughead supposed to be at a different school? What happened to that, he wa shanging out with Archie, Betty and Veronica at Riverdale High.

I think it has to do with the supposed family Jughead is supposed to be staying with, but isn’t. Thinking it allowed him to stay at Riverdale.

That or he just isn’t showing up & is hanging w/Archie and the girls lmao.

VeeP

I just thought he pops over during lunch time.

I think it has to do with the supposed family Jughead is supposed to be staying with, but isn’t. Thinking it allowed him to stay at Riverdale.

That or he just isn’t showing up & is hanging w/Archie and the girls lmao.

yeah he mentioned about the family situation early on.

I'm going to rewatch the season premiere.

Fred might know the killer and he might have appeared in the dream sequence, no?

Well, Fred never told Archie whatever he wanted to tell him at Pop's since the shooter showed up. I imagine he used to be involved with some pretty shady shit. It matches up with the theory of the hooded guy not targeting Archie specifically, but rather dealing random vigilante justice.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Two episodes in, and there still has been almost no Kevin. I miss the comedy his character brings. I thought this season would have more Casey Cott, not less. :/ I hope this changes soon.

Pluto

Two episodes in, and there still has been almost no Kevin. I miss the comedy his character brings. I thought this season would have more Casey Cott, not less. :/ I hope this changes soon.
I hope that too but making him a regular doesn't have to mean they plan to use him more, they could have just done that to make sure he doesn't leave.

Grizzlyjin

On the upside, the one Pussycat that never talks had a line! I gotta imagine with 20+ episodes to fill, Kevin will get a moment to shine.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that too but making him a regular doesn't have to mean they plan to use him more, they could have just done that to make sure he doesn't leave.

Yes, I'm realizing I misinterpreted what becoming a regular would mean for his character.

On the upside, the one Pussycat that never talks had a line! I gotta imagine with 20+ episodes to fill, Kevin will get a moment to shine.

I'm sure that's true. The last season had a lot of Kevin in some parts of the series and very little in others. I wouldn't be surprised if they want to set up the core four right now and get their storylines in motion before they give more time to the secondary characters.

LakeEarth

The latest episode is up on Netflix. The whole thing which Archie's vigilante gang is kinda weird for his character, but could result in some exciting scenes in the future. the YouTube video they filmed in the end featured multiple shirtless dudes for some non-obvious to the narrative reason (to be threatening I guess), but I'm sure the resulting thumbnail got the vid lot of clicks.

I like the stuff with Veronica's dad. He's like the shadiest dude. Everything he says seem to have some second layer to them. The mom seems to have just flipped her evil switch this season, influenced by him I guess.

Grizzlyjin

That video was pretty hilarious. Archie and his masked buff dude squad.

Great episode. I actually like all this Red Circle stuff, probably the best storyline Archie has gotten so far

Grizzlyjin

Thread is dead but I'm just catching up and this Black Hood storyline is 10x better than the murder mystery last season. Archie has way more to do and it feels like a town wide danger.

Need more Cheryl though, feels like she's been on the back burner.

Still not feeling the Lodge stuff. I liked Hermione more when she was doing her own thing.

This show makes so little sense. Why is Archie talking to the feds? Betraying his girlfriend? It's written by people who can't write real people.

MickeyPhree

My girlfriend watches this show. It's beyond terrible, but I don't mind watching due to the attractive ladies on it. Discount Eva Longoria revealing the FBI agent was an actor? Really?

MC Safety

My girlfriend watches this show. It's beyond terrible, but I don't mind watching due to the attractive ladies on it. Discount Eva Longoria revealing the FBI agent was an actor? Really?

Betty's now cleaning up murders. The Blossom mother has become a prostitute. Jughead is mutilating women. Riverdale is a fun watch, but it's getting hard to digest.

The FBI agent thing was another leap. I can't imagine these two grown adults would go to such lengths to test what's probably a temporary relationship and a boyfriend who might not be in the picture in two months.

I'm not a big fan of the long-lost Cooper brother, either. It's like no one knows what to do with the character (or the actor), so he just shows up in every scene with the same vaguely threatening smirk.

Top Bottom