• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Riverdale getting some major Teen Choice Awards love right now. It won:

Choice TV Series
Choice TV 'Ship ("Bughead")
Choice TV Breakout Star (Lili Reinhart)
Choice TV Breakout Show
Choice Hissy Fit (Madelaine Petsch)
Choice Scene Stealer (Camila Mendes)

cj_iwakura

Choice TV Series
Choice TV Breakout Show

'Choice 'Ship' is a category?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Asexual Jughead am cry. I was still hopeful they'd explore that eventually, but with Bughead being so popular I guess that ship has sunk.

I'm alright with that as long as it means more semi-naked Cole.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just finished binging the whole season last night and holy crap. I don't really get into soaps outside of Twin Peaks but this was surprisingly gripping. And holy shit at
the season ending with Fred being shot.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Choice TV Series
Choice TV Breakout Show

Woo! Congrats to the cast and crew for earning this popularity! I wish Casey Cott had gotten some recognition, but these are all great choices.

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned in the thread but that I found interesting is that Archie comics recently relaunched classic-style Archie with the older art style... but apparently the TV is show is sufficiently influential that they've now slightly tweaked the classic versions of the characters around the TV cast, so Archie is a bit buffer (and wears a tie a lot for some reason?), Veronica is Latina as in the TV show, etc.

YourPalArch1.jpg

cj_iwakura

This is incredible if true, from another MB I frequent:

so, I have a friend who writes on the show, she co-wrote the house party episode, and I asked her if the wolf masks on the preppy boys was her idea

she said no, that the CW props person went to the show runner and said "hey we have these werewolves masks that we're throwing out, you want 'em?"

and he said "yeah, we'll figure something out"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*crawls back to #TeamBetty*

Forgive me for my sins. I shall never stray again.

It would be more shocking if none of the cast members are hooking up if they're not already in a relationship with someone outside the show.

Top Bottom