• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RNC raises millions more than DNC in July

JettDash

Is this a fucking joke?

If Zuckerberg is your best choice you might as well throw yourself into the sea.

Zuckerberg is not my best choice. I think I have made that clear.

My point is that liberals who don't vote for him if he is the candidate deserve what they may get (another four years of Trump).

JettDash

Him being rich won't help. Keep in mind he's running as a Dem not as a republican. Being a rich celeb can work for the GOP but that shit wouldn't fly at all with left leaning voters. Especially with how shit his handling of FB has been. He'd get absolutely destroyed in a primary.

I hope so but I'm not so sure.

moggio

Banned

My point is that liberals who don't vote for him if he is the candidate deserve what they may get (another four years of Trump).

If he's your best choice against Trump.

Why would a liberal or someone who considers themselves on the left vote for Zuckerberg?

They might as well punch themselves in the face.

I hope so but I'm not so sure.

Lol why not? Who would vote for him? His defense of Palmer Luckey, him letting fake news spread through out his site which helped cost Hilary the election, and him letting White supremacists run rampant on his site will come back to bite him hard in an election. Not to mention dude has no political experience whatsoever. He also sucks at being in the spotlight. Dude can't even handle a regular softball interview without looking awkward as fuck. He would have a mental breakdown in a debate.

He wouldn't survive a Dem Primary because Dem voters actually want someone competent to be president.

JettDash

If he's your best choice against Trump.

Why would a liberal or someone who considers themselves on the left vote for Zuckerberg?

To prevent Donald Trump from being the president beyond 1/20/21.

Lol why not? Who would vote for him? His defense of Palmer Luckey, him letting fake news spread through out his site which helped cost Hilary the election, and him letting White supremacists run rampant on his site will come back to bite him hard in an election. Not to mention dude has no political experience whatsoever. He also sucks at being in the spotlight. Dude can't even handle a regular softball interview without looking awkward as fuck. He would have a mental breakdown in a debate.

He wouldn't survive a Dem Primary because Dem voters actually want someone competent to be president.

I hope you are right. I do not want him to be the candidate.

FStubbs

The anger on the Democratic side just doesn't count? Because this is the angriest the left has been in a long, long time

Right wing anger has always been far more potent and resulted in far more results at the ballot box than left wing anger.

The Hate Industry is vital in keeping the right wing heated up and there is no equivalent "Love Industry" on the left.

gcubed

Where we got to in this thread from the first page to the last is an amazing transformation.

It's amazing to me that some of the new people/voters Bernie brought in are still so totally ignorant to how anything works and seem happy to stay dumb

CDX

I don't really like Zuckerberg at all.

However, if Zuckerberg somehow manages to win the Democratic Primary and becomes the nominee, I'll vote for him against Trump.

I don't understand why anyone who considers themselves on the left would want Trump to win again in 2020.

I don't understand why anyone who considers themselves on the left would want Trump to win again in 2020.

I think it's more to do with motivating people that dont consider themselves the "left" to vote. So you gottah calculate whether Zucks boyface is going to inspire people.

Plus he's ginger I know that shouldn't be a factor but it'll probably factor for some crazies.

I don't even get why he's being pitched. I'd vote Tim Kaine over Zuck.

The DNC is poorly led and a mess.

For what it's worth though, people are more compelled to give to a political organization when it is clear that they have a candidate, even if you don't like the candidate. While there's plenty of rumors that Trump won't run in 2020 or won't even get his party's nod in 2020 (or hell might not even be president by 2020), when you have a clear candidate, his supporters are more likely to donate.

When your message is "We don't know who's going to run for us... but give us money anyway!" you're less likely to get donations. I'd imagine the DNC w/ Obama in 2009 were well outpacing the RNC with its mystery candidate in 2009.

Is this a fucking joke?

If Zuckerberg is your best choice you might as well throw yourself into the sea.

I wrote a couple weeks ago that I'm not worried about Zuckerberg running and winning, I'm worried about the populist who runs against Zuckerberg who will easily house him in 48/50 states.

TheContact

45 isn't running again. He doesn't even want to be president now.

Diablos

The DNC will probably prop up someone like Tim Kaine. He's folksy!
He's boring. He's VP material at best, as he was on Obama's shortlist and obviously ran with Hillary.

I don't care how but Dems need to deliver next year or else we're going to be fucked beyond belief.

III-V

Have we ruled out Joe B? He is not afraid of tinkle-trump, and has enough political sway to get the job done.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Doesn't help that beating up on the DNC became Bernie's primary campaign platform at the end.

That said, we're gonna be fine when the real cash starts rolling in.

legacyzero

Banned
Perez should have been grinding instead of touring
I tried to give Perez a chance. He's done nothing positive. And I'm saying that objectively. Of course I want the party to do great. I want it to be successful. But the party is still ailing from its issues from before the election. Bad optics, not talking about the issues that affect us all, even conservative voters that can lean democrat is they get a fair shake. Assuming that we had the W in the bag. Anointing a candidate with a lot of issues (regardless if you agree or not. I voted for her too).

The reality is in the money they're pulling in. They need new blood in that party. They need to have a message that isn't "RUSSIA!" That isn't an issue affecting everyday people. Outraging that Trump is a disgusting asshole is not an issue affecting everyday people. They're issues, sure. But it won't win elections. If the pussy-grabbing, journalist slamming, fanatical Christian, racist monument supporting, abortion sabotaging Republican Party still has a popularity rating higher than the DNC, you know your message is empty.

And to those criticizing Perez for touring with Bernie? That's just so disingenuous. If at the very least, it was an attempt to try and unify with the angry Bernie base, which is big enough to pay attention to, like it or not. You know- him being the most popular politician in America right now, like it or not. Even Conservatives like him unless they're coolaid drinking, Fox News viewing, "BUT VENEZUELA!" Talking point spewing dumbasses.

They need to start talking TO the voter, Not at them. And their new slogan is so HelloFellowKids.gif, it's deep-body cringeworthy. And it's very clear. Their stance on all their issue leans heavily towards corporate interest, and not the people and their needs, even though issues like Marijuana legalization, Single Payer/Public Option/free college are picking up steam with popularity on both sides of the political sphere. They need to uncleanch their claws from donors wanting handouts, and go directly to the people.

They were handed an opportunity on a silver platter to co-opt much of the small-donor Sanders wing of the party, and they threw it away because too much of the party couldn't handle seeing a Berniecrat with heterodox views on Israel at the top.

That was probably a better outcome for Ellison and the left, but not so much for the DNC.

What's the point of reporting on just DNC fundraising without reporting on total fundraising for the DSCC and DCCC? Seems intentionally misleading.

Doesn't help that beating up on the DNC became Bernie's primary campaign platform at the end.

That said, we're gonna be fine when the real cash starts rolling in.

Probably. The DCCC is out raising the NRCC, and most of our candidates themselves are out raising Republicans.

They were handed an opportunity on a silver platter to co-opt much of the small-donor Sanders wing of the party, and they threw it away because too much of the party couldn't handle seeing a Berniecrat with heterodox views on Israel at the top.

That was probably a better outcome for Ellison and the left, but not so much for the DNC.

Like this?

Contrasting the DNC/RNC disparity with the DCCC/NRCC disparity.

Dem House campaign arm breaks record with $30 million in online donations

I'm concerned about the DNC fundraising yet I find all of this incredibly misleading.

cdyhybrid

What's the point of reporting on just DNC fundraising without reporting on total fundraising for the DSCC and DCCC? Seems intentionally misleading.

zPWxunD.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
After following Wasserman with Perez they aren't getting a god damn cent from me.
I don't know that that's a fair approach. I don't think Perez has prove that he is tipping any scales or acting unfairly in his dealings towards other candidates. Now when 2018 and 2020 comes around and he's out shilling for establishment candidates, when there are more popular Dem opponents in the primaries coming up, yeah, I'd sit them right next to each other.
She had more votes.
I think the operative part of the post you quote was "didn't do her any good."she may have gotten more votes. Just not the right ones. Fuck they EC, I say

I don't know that that's a fair approach. I don't think Perez has prove that he is tipping any scales or acting unfairly in his dealings towards other candidates. Now when 2018 and 2020 comes around and he's out shilling for establishment candidates, when there are more popular Dem opponents in the primaries coming up, yeah, I'd sit them right next to each other.

Perez wasn't even up for the position until the GOP lites paniced.

Even if he's just a centrist shit instead of a corrupt trash heap of a human like Wasserman his choosing made it clear the DNC learned nothing and doesn't want or need my money anymore.

kirblar

Even if he's just a centrist shit instead of a corrupt trash heap of a human like Wasserman his choosing made it clear the DNC learned nothing and doesn't want or need my money anymore.
So, to be clear, Obama is a GOP-lite?

So, to be clear, Obama is a GOP-lite?

Half assed healthcare solution that isn't a first world system? Check

Bend over for whatever Israel wants, apartheid and basic human decency be damned? Check

Drone striking civilians just creating more potential jihadists, being a warhawk in general? Check

Mass deportation of non citizens? Check

Zero police reform outside of press conferences to cry at? Check

Prosecuting whistle blowers to an extreme degree? Check

So basically yes. Don't get me wrong as far as GOP lites go I like him. However I'm done putting my time, money, and effort into candidates that aren't even close to what I'm looking for. Being a moldy sandwich soaked in piss instead of a flaming plate of feces isn't enough to get anything beyond a begrudging vote. Money? Time canvassing or phone banking? Hahaha get fucked.

Bend over for whatever Israel wants, apartheid and basic human decency be damned? Check

Drone striking civilians just creating more potential jihadists, being a warhawk in general? Check

Zero police reform outside of press conferences to cry at? Check

Prosecuting whistle blowers to an extreme degree? Check

So basically yes. Don't get me wrong as far as GOP lites go I like him. However I'm done putting my time, money, and effort into candidates that aren't even close to what I'm looking for. Being a moldy sandwich soaked in piss instead of a flaming plate of feces isn't enough to get anything beyond a begrudging vote. Money? Time canvassing or phone banking? Hahaha get fucked.
This is an essential misunderstanding of how the ACA came to pass

Slayven

I tried to give Perez a chance. He's done nothing positive. And I'm saying that objectively. Of course I want the party to do great. I want it to be successful. But the party is still ailing from its issues from before the election. Bad optics, not talking about the issues that affect us all, even conservative voters that can lean democrat is they get a fair shake. Assuming that we had the W in the bag. Anointing a candidate with a lot of issues (regardless if you agree or not. I voted for her too).

The reality is in the money they're pulling in. They need new blood in that party. They need to have a message that isn't "RUSSIA!" That isn't an issue affecting everyday people. Outraging that Trump is a disgusting asshole is not an issue affecting everyday people. They're issues, sure. But it won't win elections. If the pussy-grabbing, journalist slamming, fanatical Christian, racist monument supporting, abortion sabotaging Republican Party still has a popularity rating higher than the DNC, you know your message is empty.

And to those criticizing Perez for touring with Bernie? That's just so disingenuous. If at the very least, it was an attempt to try and unify with the angry Bernie base, which is big enough to pay attention to, like it or not. You know- him being the most popular politician in America right now, like it or not. Even Conservatives like him unless they're coolaid drinking, Fox News viewing, "BUT VENEZUELA!" Talking point spewing dumbasses.

They need to start talking TO the voter, Not at them. And their new slogan is so HelloFellowKids.gif, it's deep-body cringeworthy. And it's very clear. Their stance on all their issue leans heavily towards corporate interest, and not the people and their needs, even though issues like Marijuana legalization, Single Payer/Public Option/free college are picking up steam with popularity on both sides of the political sphere. They need to uncleanch their claws from donors wanting handouts, and go directly to the people.

Real issues? like health care that was going on while Perez was aboard the party bus. Thank god Schumer and Pelosi was there

Gross misunderstand of what it took to get that very same healthcare bill passed, check!

Completely ignoring that Obama told Israel to fuck off in terms of strikes on Iran, and his administration is the reason we have a nuclear deal in place which Israel absolutely hates. Check!

How on Earth was Obama of all people a warhawk? Do you actually understand what a warhawk is?

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/obama-record-deportations-deporter-chief-or-not

Over the course of the Obama administration there was a pronounced shift in focus to the removal of recent border crossers and criminals rather than ordinary status violators apprehended in the U.S. interior. The underlying reasoning was to deter illegal border crossing and remove unauthorized immigrants before they become integrated into U.S. communities. As shown in Figure 1, interior removals decreased sharply from 181,798 in FY 2009 to 65,332 in FY 2016, while border removals stayed high and increased, from 207,525 to 279,022 over the same period.

Anyways, your complaints are lazy and unfounded.

legacyzero

Banned

Now THAT I agree with.
Real issues? like health care that was going on while Perez was aboard the party bus. Thank god Schumer and Pelosi was there
What were any of them going to do in this GOP majority government aside from wag their fingers and shout "SHAME!" On the house floor. I would argue that it was the constituents and screaming at weak ass GOP members at their town halls. The Dems had little power other than "GOP BAD! REPEAL BAD!" Even the very people you mentioned said that.

But even worse, on that party bus, Perez showed his ass by touring with Bernie, but towing the establishment line, all while getting boo'd most of the time. Just a failed attempt to reach out to he Berners.
Completely ignoring that Obama told Israel to fuck off in terms of strikes on Iran, and his administration is the reason we have a nuclear deal in place which Israel absolutely hates. Check!

How on Earth was Obama of all people a warhawk? Do you actually understand what a warhawk is
I'm with you on Israel. Obama handled Israel hilariously. BB was big fucking baby the whole time. Him showing up in Washington to whine at the GOP was fucking shameful.

But as for drone strikes? The poster you quote may have used the wrong word, but isn't actually wrong. Obama killed so many non-combatants with drone strikes, I'm honestly shocked we aren't calling it a war crime.

The Iran deal is nothing compared to how we fund the consistent murder and starvation of Palestinians.

It's like fining an oil company a million dollars after they make1 100 mil breaking rules.

The Iran deal is nothing compared to how we fund the consistent murder and starvation of Palestinians.

It's like fining an oil company a million dollars after they make1 100 mil breaking rules.

It's like you have completely unreasonable standards on foreign policy. I mean he broke decades of policy to condemn Israel expansion

You complain about him being a warhawk, and then hand-wave the very agreement that is in place to specifically prevent a major war breaking out in the region. Not to mention him specifically not having a major intervention in Syria, or anywhere for that matter.

Top Bottom