• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roberto Gomez Bolaños (a.k.a. El Chavo) dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Fallece Roberto Gómez Bolaños a los 85 años

México, DF. El comediante Roberto Gómez Bolaños, conocido como "Chespirito" falleció la tarde de este viernes a los 85 años de edad.

El comediante, guionista y productor comenzó su carrera como creativo publicitario.

En 1970 comenzó transmisiones El Chapulín Colorado y un año después El Chavo del Ocho debutó en el canal de Televisión Independiente de México

Fue popularmente conocido por sus personajes televisivos, entre los que destacan "El Chavo del ocho", "El Chapulín Colorado" y "El doctor Chapatín", entre otros.

A pesar de sus guiones y situaciones recurrentes, sus programas alcanzaron el éxito en Latinoamérica, España y Estados Unidos.

Fuera de la televisión, encabezó, desde 1992, la puesta en escena 11 y 12 que logró 28 mil representaciones.

Hace poco más de un año, el 20 de noviembre de 2013, Gómez Bolaños recibió el Premio Ondas Iberoamericano a la trayectoria más destacada en televisión.

En unos minutos más información.

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2014/11/28/fallece-roberto-gomez-bolanos-a-los-85-anos-8061.html

Info in english:

(Latintimes) - Roberto Gómez Bolaños has passed away at the age of 85. According to reports, the family was aware of the delicate health condition the legendary actor was in. A close source to the family told Mexican media that doctors had lost hope of a full recovery. "Mr. Roberto is very ill but stable, the doctors say, who have already informed the family that there is no hope of recovery and to brace themselves for the worst," the insider said. Bolaños' son, Roberto Gómez Fernández, revealed a couple days ago that his father was stable but has lost mobility: "My father is fine but with a greater difficulty in moving."

Roberto Gómez Bolaños is a famous Mexican writer and actor known worldwide mainly for his characters "El Chavo del 8" and "El Chapulín Colorado." He was born in Mexico City in 1929 and studied engineering but never worked in that field. He found his passion for writing screenplays and scripts for television and radio with his work being featured in shows like "Cómicos y Canciones" and "El Estudio De Pedro Vargas." It was around this same time where he gained his nickname of "Chespirito" when directorAgustín P. Delgado said he was a "Little Shakespeare" or "Shakespearito." In 1968 he signed a contract with Televisión Independiente de México where he was given a Saturday afternoon timeslot to expose his talent in sketches and comedy. This timeframe proved to be so popular the network moved him to Monday night and the legend was born.

"El Chavo del 8" has been his most recognized character where he plays a homeless kid that lives in a barrel in the middle of an apartment complex. The white humor and the hilarious neighbors like La Chilindrina, Don Ramón, Doña Florinda, Quico, Jaimito El Cartero and La Bruja Del 71 are engraved not only in Mexican culture but throughout Latin America. The show ran for 25 years but reruns are continuously broadcasted with great ratings. In recent years and to revive the "El Chavo" legacy and animated series was created that proved to be successful and has subsequently spawned a line of toys and most recently a go-kart video game.

http://www.kgns.tv/news/entertainment/headlines/Roberto-Gomez-Bolanos-Chespirito-dies-284167001.html (couldn't find another source in english)

RIP, even if i didn't like his more recent (i.e. not El Chavo) and known work. Or his political leanings. He was a legend. RIP again.

Salsa

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo

fuck man

the best

RIP chespirito, siganme los buenos

chapulin >>> chavo

HardRojo

No te vayas Chavo :'(
Just read the news, a sad day indeed, Black Friday... his legacy will live on.

Y ahora quién podrá defendernos?

#TeamChapulin

Zuly

Shit. I just got the notification on my phone. He will be sadly missed.

And yes, Chapulín > Chavo, easily.

Salsa

ywe6LE6.jpg

mp1990

Banned
I can't describe with words how sad i am with this,El Chavo was one of the biggest part of my childhood.Certainly one of the worst thing that happened this year,it's like losing a friend. RIP Chaves :(

Rayis

OMG, I was just thinking about this the other day, how he was already so old and had many health problems but he was still alive, RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos, everyone in Latin GAF is surely familiar with him.

This guy was on my TV half the time when I was growing up. It was Sesame Street and El Chavo del Ocho keepng my home entertaining and bright. RIP.

Oh, no :(

I watched Chavo del Ocho all the time when I was younger, in a time where I didn't really watch much TV in Spanish anymore.

RIP.

cacildo

Ill try to translate something Bolaños said in 1999 in a interview to a brasilian magazine

"Wherever theres hunger, Chavo will be a success"

I really dont know if i got it right, but it seems he said it like it was nothing, and it had some serious meaning to me.

Probably means a lot to everyone in brasil.

Feichaw

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I grew up watching his shows. El Chavo (Chaves, in Brazil) is one of the best shows ever made.

Words cannot describe how sad I am. Why??? Why do people have to die????

RIP, legend. Time to make the heavens smile a little more :)

AdanVC

Noooooooooooooooooooo :'( His shows were a huge part of my childhood, even up to this day I'm still watching them! Ughhh. RIP Chespirito! A true artist and comedian, thanks for the laughs and good memories while watching El Chavo del Ocho :')

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this has been a sad year :(

RIP Chapolin.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This man is the legend. To this day I still laugh more at his shows than most shit stuff produced these days. They were generally simple, light-hearted, kind and funny with some good messages.

RIP to a legend.

HardRojo

- Bienvenido Chespirito
- Hola San Petro
- Soy San Pedro
- Y yo qué dije?
- San Petro
- Y cómo es?
- San Pedro
- Y yo qué dije?
- Ya pasa de una vez Chavito

Status