• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roberto Gomez Bolaños (a.k.a. El Chavo) dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacildo

How are you guys around Latin America taking the news?

Over the brasilian internet people are really sad. Its not that it was unexpected, its just that it was really a huge part of our childhoods.

From the poor to the rich, everybody watched, everybody laughed, everybody knew the lines by heart.

Pipipipipi... I worked on an El Chavo app and heard that a lot. The guy was clearly a comic legend in Hispanic culture. RIP.

HardRojo

How are people around Latin America taking the news?

Over the brasilian internet people are really sad. Its not that it was unexpected, its just that it was really a huge part of our childhoods.

From the poor to the rich, everybody watched, everybody laughed, everybody knew the lines by heart.

It's all over the news here in Peru, even the news anchor took it hard, she looked like she was about to cry but had to hold her tears, they're broadcasting Televisa's homage now.

thefit

Its tough his death is Robin Williams type of shocking in Latin America.

tbm24

I went to youtube to find a video of El Chavo del 8 and as soon as the theme started I got teary eyed :(. Gotta say I haven't heard it in YEARS.

Feltrol

Banned
Wherever you are, I hope you find the rest you deserve.

You won't be forgotten.

bvvrNvY.gif

Rest in peace, Chavo.

Dai101

Banned

I dunno. I don't watch live TV and no radio either. But i guess is going to be a mess later in the news and on televisa.

Yup, El Chaves was BIG in Brazil, bigger than anywhere in L.A. i guess the brazilian people are going to be even sadder.

Platy, pls respond. Are u ok?

Guimac09

This man made me laugh since I was born, but today he makes me cry for the first time.
second time actually, I once cried because of an episode when I was little
Rest in peace chavito, eternal in my heart and immortal in my verses.

Javier

Every afternoon after school it was an episode of El Chavo on TV. A huge part of my childhood died today. I'll miss him.

Descansa en Paz Chespirito.

Unai

Oh man, I'm literally crying here. I have never cried when some famous died ever.

Such a bummer.

RIP.

A woman where I work was crying earlier today, apparently she's a friend of one of Bolaños' daughters. Seems he was dying since last night. RIP.

mp1990

Banned
Holding my tears here, always used the sad chaves music in jokes, but today I can't listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2dBtdgbLKM

BOA NOITE VIZINHANÇA

Seriously man,i think it's the first time i really get's this sad about a death of an artist,and the first time i cry for the death of a person that isn't a parent/friend.I think everyone who has grown up at 1990/2000 in Brazil are having the same feeling as me atm.

zruben

Banned
The best and most creative writer, comedian and producer in the history of Mexican entertainment has passed away.
A very sad day for us Mexicans and most of Latin America.

Thanks for all the laughs Chespirito.

chespirito22627366_f.jpg

roberto-gomez-bola-os.jpg

HardRojo

I'm pretty sure Chespirito will be the conversation topic when I go out to drink later today :/ It's going to be a sad night.

tm24

Man, I'm sad now. One can argue who was Mexico's greatest comedian, but the world is a sadder place now that neither are with us

tbm24

I'm pretty sure Chespirito will be the conversation topic when I go out to drink later today :/ It's going to be a sad night.

It's been the topic of conversation here at my job where all my coworkers are latin and and older than me. We spent the past hour watching bits on youtube. They will never stop being funny.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Saddest day of my life. Nothing comes close to él chavo. Always watched his shows when I grew up. Damn...I'm almost teary eyed typing this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom