• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

They just can't force them to include their music. Pink Floyd is more possible, but getting Led is literally a mission impossible.

Ha, I know. I was always on their forums in their heyday. I understand how licensing works.

I just can't wait for them to reveal this top-tier setlist they mentioned. Hoping for the Floyd (anything from DsoTm-The wall).

New setlist songs have been announced:

CJzNLvdUAAE65x9.jpg

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/620596454038507520

Toys in the Attic, Friday I'm in Love, and Brown-Eyed Girl are great picks.

ViciousDS

Banned
yes, if they can't even do breakneck speed......I could give two shits about this game. Online or no online.......doesn't matter if I don't have breakneck speed.

I thought for sure the Paramore song would be Ain't it Fun. I'm kind of shocked and disappointed. The Sentinel would have been an amazing Judas Priest song too but I'll survive.

All in all, the setlist is looking pretty good. I'm happy.

CloudWolf

When I was a wee lad and smitten by Dream Theater all I asked for was to be able to play Metropolis Pt. 1 in Rock Band and instead we kept getting shitty songs from the newer albums. So, I'm happy.

The rest of the setlist so far is killer, too.

pacman85

I thought for sure the Paramore song would be Ain't it Fun. I'm kind of shocked and disappointed. The Sentinel would have been an amazing Judas Priest song too but I'll survive.

All in all, the setlist is looking pretty good. I'm happy.
Thankfully they have this thing called DLC where you can get that song as well. I can't imagine a popular song like that wouldn't be DLC at some point.

Thankfully they have this thing called DLC where you can get that song as well. I can't imagine a popular song like that wouldn't be DLC at some point.

Yes, I imagine the former will probably will be DLC. Stated that elsewhere but forgot to say so here so I suppose this sort of response is deserved.

Ninhead

Holy shit- "Feast and the Famine" is amazing. Best song pick from the new album. "Toys in the Attic" is gonna be a full-band classic. And "FIIL" and "Your Love" have been a long time coming.

Now, let's get some Tom Petty in there...

Birth in Reverse is such an awesome guitar song, great addition. RB4's setlist is starting to look pretty awesome. Can't wait till October!

Ridley327

Holy shit- "Feast and the Famine" is amazing. Best song pick from the new album. "Toys in the Attic" is gonna be a full-band classic. And "FIIL" and "Your Love" have been a long time coming.

Now, let's get some Tom Petty in there...

Is there much Tom Petty left at this point? I think he's got nearly 20 songs in the series already.

Has anyone seen the new look and UI interface of the highway and the gems on the new RB4 tracks announce trailer? Whatdya guys think?

YouTube 60fps link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9IBvmwxSDU
I like it. The in-game UI for RB3 was pretty great, and the resolution and touch ups on that base look pretty good.

I hope the menus are a bit more streamlined though, since those didn't always look too hot IMO.

j-wood

I just pre-ordred the full band kit. I haven't seen this info anywhere, but have they said if you can import the on-disc tracks from the old rock band games? I saw that DLC you purchased will be available, but I'm wondering about the on-disc songs.

So far there are only 3 songs i care for from the announced songs... 2 of which are pre-order exclusives to amazon... :(

Please dont fail me Harmonix

The songs are listed below their respective artists on the image. It is, in fact, Your Love.

Holy fucking shit! "Metropolis - Part 1 “The Miracle And The Sleeper" is the Dream Theater song, and "Your Love" is the Outfield song?! Brb changing panties!

Another "Live" song from Throwing Copper is brilliant and "Miracle Man" by Ozzy as well! More "No Rest For The Wicked" material is welcome.

Gorki247

As a big Cure fan, I'm happy that I finally get another one of their songs in my catalogue; then I remember that RB3 cannot be exported, so I'll be back down to one song :-(

Holy shit Metropolis is a surprise.

Thank fuck it wasn't Pull Me Under.

I want it as DLC though, it's a cheesy pleasure!

Metropolis has GOT to be the highest tiered song of all the songs on the RB4 disc, couldn't see another song taking that position, unless it's bullshit hard death metal or grindcore. I predict final tier for all instruments. 10 minutes of hell for the drummer especially!

Holy shit Metropolis is a surprise.

Thank fuck it wasn't Pull Me Under.

Yep, I was honestly expecting it to be that because it had already been in GH: World Tour and Rock Revolution, but never Rock Band.

Super pumped about having another new-to-music-games DT track!

I do fully expect to see Pull Me Under as one of the three songs in an eventual (I hope) DT track pack. I'm hoping they already did some extra licensing while they obtained the rights to Metropolis.

I want it as DLC though, it's a cheesy pleasure!

It's a good bit of cheesy prog but I didn't want to see it be the Dream Theater song on the basis of being their "big song".

I'd happily see it show up in a Dream Theater pack.

Yep, I was honestly expecting it to be that because it had already been in GH: World Tour and Rock Revolution, but never Rock Band.

Super pumped about having another new-to-music-games DT track!

I do fully expect to see Pull Me Under as one of the three songs in an eventual (I hope) DT track pack. I'm hoping they already did some extra licensing while they obtained the rights to Metropolis.

I'm trying to think what else they have. Panic Attack, Constant Motion and On the Backs of Angels if I remember rightly.

I would imagine a DT pack will have something from their latest album, Panic Attack and maybe another big one like Metropolis 1.

gosox333

Wait did is really possible that BNS won't happen? I read a couple of posts last page suggesting so...

As someone with like 200 DLC songs and at least a thousand hours of time spent playing these games, I legit won't even bother if there isn't BNS

I seriously can't play guitar without it, and guitar is why I play.

Oh also... "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison has beaten out "Suspicious Minds" as oldest track announced for the on-disc setlist so far, ranking in at "1967", beating the elvis track by 2 years.

Edit: its also possible im not seeing all the announced songs.

► Aerosmith – “Toys in the Attic”
► The Cure – “Friday I’m In Love”
► Dream Theater – “Metropolis - Part 1 “The Miracle And The Sleeper””
► Foo Fighters – “The Feast and the Famine”
► Judas Priest – “Halls Of Valhalla”
► Live – “All Over You”
► The Outfield – “Your Love”
► Ozzy Osbourne – “Miracle Man”
► Paramore – “Still Into You”
► St. Vincent – “Birth In Reverse”
► Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl”

This has my two most requested songs for years, so I'm, pretty stoked.

Yeah, I'm biased because my favorite band (Dream Theater) has already been announced, but everything else is icing on the cake.

This has already blown GH Live's setlist out of the water for me.

If they could get Nightwish, X Japan, and/or Sonata Arctica (the first two having been official DLC for Rock Band previously, with Sonata Arctica as an RBN track), that would be amazing.

Gorger

Holy fucking shit! "Metropolis - Part 1 “The Miracle And The Sleeper" is the Dream Theater song, and "Your Love" is the Outfield song?! Brb changing panties!

Another "Live" song from Throwing Copper is brilliant and "Miracle Man" by Ozzy as well! More "No Rest For The Wicked" material is welcome.

It seems like they aren't lying when they're saying that this is gonna be their best on-disc setlist to date. The reveals so far has been awesome, and they keep getting better.

Gorger

Yeah, I'm biased because my favorite band (Dream Theater) has already been announced, but everything else is icing on the cake.

This has already blown GH Live's setlist out of the water for me.

GH Live can't even compete with Band Hero. At least that game had Y.M.C.A.

pacman85

As a big Cure fan, I'm happy that I finally get another one of their songs in my catalogue; then I remember that RB3 cannot be exported, so I'll be back down to one song :-(
They have kinda changed their tune on this since the original announcement that no RB3 export was planned but that they are listening to the community. No, on their FAQ page in the area where it asks about the RB3 export, it says "stay tuned" rather than the original no export is planned wording. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but I hope not and hope that it is actually in the works!

Top Bottom