• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Here's what came out on RBN this weekend

Chiron Beta Prime by Jonathan Coulton
Full Song | Trial Song | Video | 160 Points

Guitars SUCK by Bumblefoot

Beautiful Disaster by The Gufs

Shallow Waters by Amberian Dawn

Strut by The Elms
Full Song | Trial Song | Song Page Preview | 80 Points

Done by The Giraffes
Full Song | Trial Song | Video | 80 Points

Muéstrame un Poco by Buffalo Mad
Full Song | Trial Song | Song Page Preview | 160 Points

Guitar Sound by Ronald Jenkees

Xevren

Guitar Sound isn't that bad, you'll have issues if you can't deal with ascending scales due to the solo though. Guitars SUCK is brutal though. Step your game up!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Wired All Wrong said:
Yeah, those look tough. I hear Shallow Waters by Amberian Dawn is also a bitch on guitar.

Here's a video of the chart for Guitar Sound by Ronald Jenkees for those interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr5CrwoKHIs

Shallow Waters is a beast, absolutely, just in a different way than Guitars Suck. And GS starts with crazy-go-nuts soloing so there's not even a chance to build up overdrive.

I seem to recall Guitar Sound being crazier. But then again it was a bore to playtest (since I do drums) so I wasn't really paying attention.

So anyway, looks like Bright Midnight is gonna do a track with me as well (making I think 3 or 4 companies they've worked with now), a fan has Abysmal Dawn interested and he wants me to do the authoring there (all talkies vocals, hooray!) and I'm talking with some low-profile chiptuners in hopes of getting something good moving. And I'm now talking to two groups who've done TV themes, hopefully one or both will pan out soon.

Minamu

The drum chart for Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare must be one of the strangest I've ever seen in Rock Band :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXxlfgRRtg

Also, quite a strange way of making a "full band" youtube video as well o_O Surprisingly good song too. I had only heard parts of the chorus on a Spotify commercial before.

lljride

Minamu said:
The drum chart for Avenged Sevenfold's Nightmare must be one of the strangest I've ever seen in Rock Band :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXxlfgRRtg

Also, quite a strange way of making a "full band" youtube video as well o_O Surprisingly good song too. I had only heard parts of the chorus on a Spotify commercial before.

It's Mike Portnoy playing on this track, right? I know he's drumming on their tour, and I think he did the album version also.

Hop

I believe it is Portnoy, which explains that.

Today's RBN releases:

Jonathan Coulton - Betty and Me || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Christmas at the Devil's House - O Come, O Come Emmanuel || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

Loren Dircks' Guitar Hero Gone (under the name I Hope You're Happy) was approved, but taken down really fast due to further copyright concerns. I'm guessing due to the album art (which is a Guitar Hero/Money for Nothing pastiche).

mojiimbo

Can RBN authors adjust the price on their songs after they've been uploaded like on the iPhone App Store? Just wondering if there's a chance that that one $3 Blondie song that EMI put up could ever drop down to $2.

Gorki247

mojiimbo said:
Can RBN authors adjust the price on their songs after they've been uploaded like on the iPhone App Store? Just wondering if there's a chance that that one $3 Blondie song that EMI put up could ever drop down to $2.
Yes, they can. Here's an example of where someone has reduced the price due to poor sales at the higher price: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196509.

Not sure what the chances are of EMI reducing their prices though. Also, those songs aren't officially on the store yet, are they?

Hop

Gorki247 said:
Yes, they can. Here's an example of where someone has reduced the price due to poor sales at the higher price: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196509.

Not sure what the chances are of EMI reducing their prices though. Also, those songs aren't officially on the store yet, are they?

We can adjust prices every 90 days. So far I know White Heat and Sissyfuss have been reduced, don't know of any others.

The EMI songs have all vanished, the uploader account has not been active in a good while. We suspect EMI has backed out entirely for one reason or another, but I suspect the pricing backlash played a role.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This thread is going to turn into a "let's talk about everything except rockband" thread like the last one?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
drizzle said:
This thread is going to turn into a "let's talk about everything except rockband" thread like the last one?

You're the only one not talking about Rock Band here. You have become what you hate.

ElNarez

Banned
drizzle said:
1qrcc2.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
corkscrewblow said:
Maybe then it would more than a page in over a week :teehee

I think my No Loitering sign in the OP has scared everyone away. But yeah, I don't think this thread will end up with a million replies like the other. As long as at least a few people are informed, I'm happy.

Hop

Yea, personally I'm fine with a small, purpose-driven thread. Like I told The Gang, I was always here for the game, not the banter.

I'll gladly offer DLC recommendations, too. We're creeping up to 2k songs, I wouldn't blame anyone for being overwhelmed.

I'll ask this here as well, as a relevant discussion booster- so far I've worked almost entirely with unsigned artists. I came close with Relapse Records, and that has me wanting to hunt down other labels for RBN. But I only know about... five. So, I'm looking for suggestions of independent labels you want to see in Rock Band. I won't guarantee I'll talk to everyone, or that anyone I do talk to will come on board with RBN. But I'll at least try.

what the hell is up with the "password strength" thing when registering at creators.rockband.com?

Seems like no matter what I type, I never get "full bars", and it doesn't let me register. I had to type in a bunch of random gibberish that was like 25 characters long before it got full bars, but of course I wouldn't remember that password anyway :lol

edit: was able to get a halfway decent password by doing some uppercase and lowercase stuff. bah

Charron said:
Yea, personally I'm fine with a small, purpose-driven thread. Like I told The Gang, I was always here for the game, not the banter.

I'll gladly offer DLC recommendations, too. We're creeping up to 2k songs, I wouldn't blame anyone for being overwhelmed.

I'll ask this here as well, as a relevant discussion booster- so far I've worked almost entirely with unsigned artists. I came close with Relapse Records, and that has me wanting to hunt down other labels for RBN. But I only know about... five. So, I'm looking for suggestions of independent labels you want to see in Rock Band. I won't guarantee I'll talk to everyone, or that anyone I do talk to will come on board with RBN. But I'll at least try.

Merge, SST, Matador, Saddle Creek, K Records, Rough Trade, 4AD, Dischord, IRS, Domino, Twin/Tone...

Nothing like a good batch of songs to get you back into rock band. Scream and Nightmare are a blast on the guitar (esp the first half of Nightmare). It's funny that guitar sound got put on the RBN because I just found that song via youtube a few weeks ago. Looking forward to trying it out :)

Next week:

Blondie – “Rapture”
dc Talk – “Jesus Freak”
The Decemberists – “The Perfect Crime # 2”
Eagles of Death Metal – “I Only Want You” +
Eels – “Saturday Morning” +
Family Force 5 – “Love Addict”
KMFDM – “Sturm & Drang”
La Roux – “Bulletproof” +

Hop

soul creator said:
what the hell is up with the "password strength" thing when registering at creators.rockband.com?

Seems like no matter what I type, I never get "full bars", and it doesn't let me register. I had to type in a bunch of random gibberish that was like 25 characters long before it got full bars, but of course I wouldn't remember that password anyway :lol

edit: was able to get a halfway decent password by doing some uppercase and lowercase stuff. bah

I think there was something in the new website update about the password strength indicator. I know mine is like, 14 characters or something and I have to copy/paste it 'cause I'll never remember it.

robut said:
Merge, SST, Matador, Saddle Creek, K Records, Rough Trade, 4AD, Dischord, IRS, Domino, Twin/Tone...

I'm pretty sure Matador is already involved and I know IRS is defunct. But I'll research the other ones.

robut said:
Next week:

Blondie – “Rapture”
dc Talk – “Jesus Freak”
KMFDM – “Sturm & Drang”

Hooray, two RBN graduates!

robut said:
Next week:

Blondie – “Rapture”
dc Talk – “Jesus Freak”
KMFDM – “Sturm & Drang”

Seriously?

We might as well have Faith + 1 in there.
Cartman+Christian+Rock.jpg

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Bulletproof without keys is pretty telling to me we are getting keys patched in at some time to some songs.

lljride

Charron said:

I'm not 100% sure they even exist anymore (and for some reason I can't find a solid link to verify), but assuming it's possible InsideOut would be amazing. There were some funding issues that caused some albums to be pushed back and concerts to be missed, but I'm not sure if they fully dissolved/went bankrupt or not.

Charron said:

not exactly unknown, but 4AD/Beggars Banquet would be nice. I really want The National in Rock Band.

Hop

drmcclin said:
not exactly unknown, but 4AD/Beggars Banquet would be nice. I really want The National in Rock Band.

Robut's list pretty much included every Beggars Group label. Don't know why but they always gave me iffy vibes without even trying to contact them. Strange.

Speaking of the list-

I think Merge is gonna be my strongest pursuit. Lots of good stuff there, I know they've worked with Harmonix already (Big Dipper, Spoon) and I'd love to score Arcade Fire and Robert Pollard.
SST I'm not too keen on, but I'll gladly go there for Black Flag.
Matador's already working with RGS, not gonna tread on their turf.
Saddle Creek's another good shot, Now It's Overhead could be interesting.
K Records, I don't recognize any names so maybe not good business-wise, but the music might be awesome. I'll have to listen.
Rough Trade and 4AD are the other Beggars Group ones. I can go for 4AD though (St. Vincent, TV on the Radio...)
Dischord I'll go to for Fugazi. That'd be sweet.
IRS is defunct, it's part of EMI now.
Domino has been involved before as well (Franz Ferdinand) so they're worth a shot.
Twin/Tone, I could shoot for The Replacements. Don't know anyone else there.
InsideOut I'm definitely looking at, between Symphony X and Spock's Beard.

Juanes and A7X make for a great DLC week.

I was wondering if anyone could answer why most songs that are available for the 360 RBN are not on the PS3. I'm well aware of the 30 day delay requirement made by Microsoft, but many of those songs have been there more than a month. My sister and I are starting to dig The Main Drag, but they only have one song up on PS3 RBN!

That, and I deeply fear Buster Voodoo not making it to the PS3 side of things. My sister and I would be crushed.

Also, does anyone's connections to the RBS and the RBN keep crashing? I always have to go through the PSStore to get my music reliably.

Hop

FlightOfHeaven said:
Juanes and A7X make for a great DLC week.

I was wondering if anyone could answer why most songs that are available for the 360 RBN are not on the PS3. I'm well aware of the 30 day delay requirement made by Microsoft, but many of those songs have been there more than a month. My sister and I are starting to dig The Main Drag, but they only have one song up on PS3 RBN!

That, and I deeply fear Buster Voodoo not making it to the PS3 side of things. My sister and I would be crushed.

Also, does anyone's connections to the RBS and the RBN keep crashing? I always have to go through the PSStore to get my music reliably.

I don't recall the whole technical details, but there's something on Sony's side that has to do with assigning owners to DLC uploads or something that winds up restricting them to 5 songs a week on PS3. It sucks, 'cause it means I've got basically no shot of getting stuff up there, and we don't know if RB3 will change that at all.

Buster Voodoo will probably make it. That's been huge.

Wow, thanks for listening Charron! I was just rattling some of my favorite labels off the top of my head. I forgot to mention Up records which released Built to Spill's album There's Nothing Wrong with Love. If there were any band I'd want to make it into a music game it'd be Built to Spill http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=carry the zero They're with Warners now which I heard is difficult to work with (would love more REM, some BTS and Flaming Lips).

RBN songs that came out today for Xbox 360
Believe by MJ Kroll - OurStage Page
Wrong Side of the Tracks by Hugh Cornwell - Video
Spin by We the Kings - Video
Anna Maria (All We Need) by We the Kings - Video
What You Do To Me by We the Kings - Video
Rain Falls Down by We the Kings - Video
http://error420.com/rbn/

PS3 RBN songs for next week
Seether - "Fake It"
Texas in July - "Elements"
Skeletonwitch - "Crushed Beyond Dust"
Emarosa - "Heads or Tails? Real or Not"
Band of Horses - "Is There a Ghost"

EYEL1NER

corkscrewblow said:
Maybe then it would more than a page in over a week :teehee
:lol
Jarate said:
Hayley Fridays return to gaf

fwul2h.jpg

FUCK YEAH
Ugh, that is something that shoulda died with the old thread...
robut said:
Next week:

Blondie – “Rapture”
dc Talk – “Jesus Freak” (maybe this, because I remember 'dc Talk' fromt a long time ago, but can't remember what they sound like or who they are. so I'll give this a listening to)
KMFDM – “Sturm & Drang”
I'm in for the bolded songs. Better week than A7X, that's for sure.
What's up with the '+' after the song? Is that a RBN track or does it designate if the song carries over to LRB (I'm guessing the latter)?

Hop

EYEL1NER said:
What's up with the '+' after the song? Is that a RBN track or does it designate if the song carries over to LRB (I'm guessing the latter)?

Yep, Lego Rock Band.

As for SST, it is mostly that I don't recognize many of the names, but I also read a lot of legal issues sorta stuff with them, which gives me pause. I mean, I've dealt with an asshole manager before, and that was a train wreck to get nowhere, so I try to get a sense of the personalities I'd be dealing with ahead of time.

Charron said:
I don't recall the whole technical details, but there's something on Sony's side that has to do with assigning owners to DLC uploads or something that winds up restricting them to 5 songs a week on PS3. It sucks, 'cause it means I've got basically no shot of getting stuff up there, and we don't know if RB3 will change that at all.

Buster Voodoo will probably make it. That's been huge.

Thanks for answering my question, and I hope they change it. We're chomping at the bit to buy more music from RBN (I personally love the concept) and it's very frustrating that I can't purchase more music!

Can we complain and get it changed?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks like another batch of songs that I'm not into. I'll probably get the Eagles of Death Metal song, though. Will update OP later.

Hop

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I definitely want to get "Is There a Ghost", I love me some Band of Horses.

The only problem is that the Rock Band Network store always crashes on my PS3, I don't think I can even make it far enough to purchase the song. I've had the same issue with the normal store but at least it works fine like half of the time aside from the background image stuttering.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Talon

Surprised that there haven't been more Decemberists songs, especially with how guitar-heavy the last album was.

Chris R

Snuggler said:
When Rock Band 3 launches with the keyboard and everything, they better add In A Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly. I want the long version, too, it would be so epic.
Fuck yes. Nothing for me next week of DLC. Heck I'm done buying DLC unless something major comes out between now and RB3 since it is so close to release.

C4Lukins

Talon- said:
Surprised that there haven't been more Decemberists songs, especially with how guitar-heavy the last album was.

Not one of my favorite songs of theirs but I am glad to see anything by them in Rock Band. Nice to see the Eels as well.

kodt

Banned
Hey guys, I have a new 360 (my old one was stolen) and I am trying to get the 20 Rock Band 2 DLC songs. I already redeemed the code on my old 360, which I of course no longer have.

I can't see any way to download them. I tried entering my code again and of course it does not work. The pack does not seem to be listed in the Music Store or in the Add-On content for Rock Band 2.

edit: I think I got it, I found it on purchase history on xbox.com

Top Bottom