• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

There are some Brad Paisley tracks that would be just as good on prop guitar as most anything else. He's a decent player, and has some good backing musicians with him.

Plinko said:
I'll never understand why people complain when a video game tries to reach out to a greater audience. You do realize the games aren't built specifically for you, right? Country music is a huge industry and many songs are great for Rock Band. I'm not a huge fan of the genre any more but some of the songs already released are fantastic to play.
Yup. Bring on the variety. I think the DLC pack that made me the happiest and most surprised was the Jimmy Buffet pack. I HATE Buffet with a passion, but the fact that they released it made me happy because the game was stretching into different directions. Variety is a good thing.

Am I glad there is a new country pack? Yes, very. Am I happy with any of the songs in the new pack? Hell no. Let's get some older country in there. People like Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rogers (although we do have The Gambler already), Willie Nelson (some already), Johnny Cash, or Hank Williams Sr.

And to all those poo pooing country stuff in the game, download a few of the songs if you do want a challenge. "Sin Wagon" by Dixie Chicks is one of the best guitar songs put out for the game if you want a fun challenge. Good vocal song for parties too.

I can only hope for more Rodrigo y Gabriela DLC, and I know Pro Guitar for those two is a near impossibility, but if I had the money I'd fund both of their albums in Pro mode.

Ristlager

Since Sony blocked my visacard in the american store, where can an european get a american psncard?

Edit: found it on ebay.

parasight

Snoop Dogg DLC finally coming on Sept 7th as seen on VH1. 8-Pack specially recorded songs for Rock Band, supposedly. Can't believe it took so long for this to come out. Over a year. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
parasight said:
Snoop Dogg DLC finally coming on Sept 7th as seen on VH1. 8-Pack specially recorded songs for Rock Band, supposedly. Can't believe it took so long for this to come out. Over a year. :lol

Wow, I forgot that even existed. I'm not even a huge Snoop fan but I am so ready for some hip hop in Rock Band. Will get.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
parasight said:

Well that's a surprise. Probably going to be the first official entries in the Urban category.

parasight said:
Fuck. Bout time. Can't wait.

Hop

Today's scheduled RBN releases:

Amberian Dawn - Lionheart || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
buttercup - time-bomb || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Delta Spirit - White Table || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Nerf Herder - Welcome To My World || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Noah Engh The Kid Fantastic - Buy You a House || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
The Riptides - Return to Blood Beach || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Scott Attrill - Disco Rocket || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Shokkher - Burn Her Out || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Sideburn - Cherry Red || full version (160 MSP) || trial version

Sophie B. Hawkins - Beautiful Girl is clear but has a problem, so there's going to be a revision. Don't download that yet.

Free Spirit - Pale Sister of Light passed, but wasn't listed in the update, no idea what's going on with that.

I'm obviously going to promote Burn Her Out since it's my latest release (and I'd say the only real hair metal in RBN so far), but it's really a good set of stuff today. Tomorrow's the country pack and the Megamix.

I've got an interesting lead on a new artist... won't be the first video-game style music (there's even a fictional level theme in testing right now) but it may be the first in the Chiptunes category, if Anamanaguchi doesn't get in first (and if the testers approve the genre).

Hop

Reminder that today is Country day.

Dierks Bentley—“What Was I Thinkin’”
Eric Church – “Hell on the Heart”
Jamey Johnson – “Women”
Josh Turner – “Would You Go With Me”
Keith Urban – “Days Go By”
Lady Antebellum – “Lookin’ For a Good Time”
Laura Bell Bundy – “Rebound”
Reba McEntire – “Fancy”
Sugarland – “It Happens”

As for the Megamix, apparently Harmonix done goofed, they managed to break all the talkies in the song. Worked fine in Peer Review, broke somewhere in Harmonix's process, now it can't be passed on vocals on Hard/Expert. We're trying to figure out what the hell they did and get them to fix it ASAP.

And apparently they are gonna update the RBN store today.

Amberian Dawn - Evil Inside Me || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Bang Camaro - Revolution || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Firewind - Head Up High || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Free Spirit - Pale Sister of Light || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

Nisa65

Snoop tracks for the 8 song pack have been announced.

“Beautiful”
“Drop It Like It’s Hot”
“Ridin’ In My Chevy”
“Sensual Seduction”
“Snoop’s Upside Ya Head”
“Tha Shiznit”
“That’s Tha Homie” *
“Who Am I (What’s My Name)?”

Wu-Tang dlc next plz HMX.

Hop

The asterisk isn't a Lego indicator (surprise surprise, none of the songs are family friendly). Apparently, that song is 360 exclusive for one week. Everything else comes out Sept. 7, "That's Tha Homie" and the pack itself come out on PS3 on Sept. 14.

No idea why that happened, but PS3 folks, get your sadfaces ready. (Assuming you actually care about anything other than "Drop It Like It's Hot".)

Nisa65

Charron said:
No idea why that happened, but PS3 folks, get your sadfaces ready. (Assuming you actually care about anything other than "Drop It Like It's Hot".)

It's just Harmonix treating PS3 owners like a red headed stepchild as usual. We're more than used to it by now.

Ridley327

drmcclin said:
are these all "no guitar part" songs or what? Cuz I sure as hell don't hear any.
Get ready to play that slide whistle in Drop It Like It's Hot!

I can't wait to get these songs; they're going to be an absolute riot at parties.

Plaguefox said:
Someone help me understand why on earth this particular song would be a prime candidate for a forced delay. I can't fathom it.
I'm guessing they had some problems with those two versions of the song. I don't understand why they didn't delay the whole thing for a week or two, though. It's been months (years? lol) since they announced Snoop is coming, another week wouldn't have mattered.

Ridley327 said:
Get ready to play that slide whistle in Drop It Like It's Hot!

I can't wait to get these songs; they're going to be an absolute riot at parties.

lol. Same here, but they really could've made better selections. (hint: no one really cares about Snoop's new shit).

Ridley327

The original PR made it sound like they got access to just about everything he's done*, so I wouldn't count out another Snoop pack with more Doggystyle tracks.

*besides his No Limit stuff, but nobody wants that shit

Hop

Milchmonster said:
I'm guessing they had some problems with those two versions of the song. I don't understand why they didn't delay the whole thing for a week or two, though. It's been months (years? lol) since they announced Snoop is coming, another week wouldn't have mattered.

The PR probably started before they realized the needed delay. Can't stop PR so they had to go this route.

Kafel said:
Any piece of news about the RBN Megamix ?

Nothing to report right now, other than Harmonix is definitely aware of the issues and they've been actively trying to fix it. But no ETA has been offered. Apparently a fair amount of people are downloading it anyway, which... I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

Charron said:
TApparently a fair amount of people are downloading it anyway, which... I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

Oh, cool a free track! Let's give this RBN thing a spin!

Wow, this is fundamentally broken.... Isn't this the service that's authored by a bunch of amateurs? Figures.

And then they never look at anything RBN-related ever again.

Hop

drmcclin said:
Oh, cool a free track! Let's give this RBN thing a spin!

Wow, this is fundamentally broken.... Isn't this the service that's authored by a bunch of amateurs? Figures.

And then they never look at anything RBN-related ever again.

That's what I'm worried about. On the other hand, it's definitely boosted sales for Minnesota. So it's having some positive effect as well.

steveovig

Good set of songs for the Snoop Dogg pack. We need more mainstream packs like this and Gaga, etc. There's nothing wrong with variety because not everyone likes RBN songs and indy bands.

Hop

steveovig said:
Good set of songs for the Snoop Dogg pack. We need more mainstream packs like this and Gaga, etc. There's nothing wrong with variety because not everyone likes RBN songs and indy bands.

Plus they help remind people that the DLC stores exist in the first place.

And a spot of RBN to round out the week:

Kataklysm - Determined (Vows of Vengeance) || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Scott Attrill - Girls Love Techno || full version (160 MSP) || trial version

PS3 RBN songs for the week:

•Meshuggah - "Bleed"
•The Acacia Strain - "Dr. Doom"
•Amberian Dawn - "Valkyries"
•Me Talk Pretty - "Wake Up"
•Anti-Flag - "We Are the One"

Holy mother of God, would it kill you guys to add Crash Years?!?!?

Hop

People don't buy indie pop. :(

Fortunately, though, it seems Wii will now get the chance to not buy my songs.

http://www.rockband.com/zine/new-to-rbn93

10 for the debut, featuring:

Lemon Demon - "The Ultimate Showdown (RBN Mix)"
Rodrigo y Gabriela - "Buster Voodoo"
Dappled Cities - "The Price"
Cate Sparks - "Whatever Happened to You"
Scale the Summit - "The Great Plains"
Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
Band of Skulls - "I Know What I Am"
Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life '09"
Lacuna Coil - "Survive"
Stroke 9 - "Little Black Backpack '09"

Charron said:
People don't buy indie pop. :(

I will make it my personal crusade to harrass the ever living hell out of Harmonix until it makes it into the PS3 RBN store. I'm afraid the same fate will befall Surfer Blood.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
distantmantra said:
I will make it my personal crusade to harrass the ever living hell out of Harmonix until it makes it into the PS3 RBN store. I'm afraid the same fate will befall Surfer Blood.

I've bought all the Band of Horses songs, so I encourage it. It sucks being a 2nd class citizen.
But PS3 Rock Band is for shmucks I guess...

fisheyes

So now that both PS3 and Wii can access (some) RBN songs, how about allowing 360 owners that aren't in the US a chance also?

Hop

fisheyes said:
So now that both PS3 and Wii can access (some) RBN songs, how about allowing 360 owners that aren't in the US a chance also?

It's limited primarily by XNA availability. I know US, UK, Canada, France, Sweden, Spain, Germany, and Italy have access based on my sales tables. If you create a tag for one of those regions (and get points on it) you can skirt the rules.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lazy Jones said:
Which Band of Horses songs are avaliable on RBN?

Is There a Ghost
The Funeral
No One's Gonna Love You
The Great Salt Lake

The first 2 are on PS3 and are awesome songs.

Joe Molotov

Nisa65 said:
Snoop tracks for the 8 song pack have been announced.

“Beautiful”
“Drop It Like It’s Hot”
“Ridin’ In My Chevy”
“Sensual Seduction”
“Snoop’s Upside Ya Head”
“Tha Shiznit”
“That’s Tha Homie” *
“Who Am I (What’s My Name)?”

Wu-Tang dlc next plz HMX.

Can't wait to play the PG-rated version of Who Am I. Thanks, Harmonix. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Joe Molotov said:
Can't wait to play the PG-rated version of Who Am I. Thanks, Harmonix. :lol

If they re-recorded them just for Rock Band, I wonder if Snoop will use reworked lyrics instead of them just muting out the swears.
Honestly I'd rather the just mute them so I can still sing them if I want, as I always do.

Snuggler said:
Is There a Ghost
The Funeral
No One's Gonna Love You
The Great Salt Lake

The first 2 are on PS3 and are awesome songs.

Sweet, might get Funeral and Great Salt Lake.
Too bad Ode to LRC isn't avaliable, that's my favorite BoH song.

Snuggler said:
If they re-recorded them just for Rock Band, I wonder if Snoop will use reworked lyrics instead of them just muting out the swears.
Honestly I'd rather the just mute them so I can still sing them if I want, as I always do.
They didn't.

Top Bottom