• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

opoth

Banned
I had to download from Store > Add-ons on XB1. I didn't try to reboot first though. Songs and expansion are downloading.

Updating for me now on XB1. I had to...

• Go to Store
  • Search Rock Band Rivals
  • Select the install option on the store page for the expansion
  • Hard Reset the Xbox after it downloaded
  • Turn it back on and boot up the game to get a notification for a 10gb update.

Once I get it installed I'll make the crew for GAF A Sides and I'll send the invites out.

Don't forget that there's a companion app for the Crews.

zulux21

As long as it's the same console family, yes.

*and it isn't delisted for SCEA as I still don't have a few of the delisted songs like snow :(
*and you don't have to deal with SCEE as last I checked they were still missing a large chunk of songs.

they should eventually all come aside from rock band network songs, those likely aren't coming.

*and it isn't delisted for SCEA as I still don't have a few of the delisted songs like snow :(
*and you don't have to deal with SCEE as last I checked they were still missing a large chunk of songs.

they should eventually all come aside from rock band network songs, those likely aren't coming.

Ah I'm on Xbox, I only knew about SCEE.

Also did the hard reset and got the songs and expansion.

MrNelson

Banned

If you have any delisted songs that are in track pack discs you can get them. I got Snow from Track Pack Vol. 2 working in RB4.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So why was a 200MB "Rivals Expansion" file and the songs able to be preloaded, but not the actual 8.2GB expansion? Pretty dumb.

Reset my ps4, still nothing.
On the PS4 dashboard go to RB4 -> press Option -> Check for updates, it should pop up.

So why was a 200MB "Rivals Expansion" file and the songs able to be preloaded, but not the actual 8.2GB expansion? Pretty dumb.

On the PS4 dashboard go to RB4 -> press Option -> Check for updates, it should pop up.

I think it's because it was a patch, so it probably couldn't be preloaded.

zulux21

to be fair the expansion is only 8.113GB according to my ps4 that says 3 hours left :p

luckily I wasn't planning on playing tonight.

I can't invite anybody right now. I guess I have to wait for that person to play Rivals?

The first crew is called GAF 'A' Sides.

There's a ton of new hairstyles/hats.

opoth

Banned
GAF 'B' Sides is up and running. If you're part of the second XB1 crew, request an invite to join. Invites out to Poinkish and TheFurizzlyBear so far.

drac96

I thought you gain exp in all modes? Did I misunderstand?

I've been playing quickplay a bunch and at the end of the song I get no exp, but my bar refills with the exp I got from the spotlight song every time.

_woLf

Did they ever get around to getting all existing song DLC ported to Xbox One?

I remember I wasn't able to download my Red Hot Chili Peppers album nor any of the RB2 DLC songs. Were those, amongst many other missing songs that I already paid for, ever added?

MrNelson

Banned
Did they ever get around to getting all existing song DLC ported to Xbox One?

I remember I wasn't able to download my Red Hot Chili Peppers album nor any of the RB2 DLC songs. Were those, amongst many other missing songs that I already paid for, ever added?
Most songs that were delisted before Rock Band 4 released are still unavailable on both platforms. I'm pretty sure the only people missing any of the exports now are the EU PS4 players.

I thought you gain exp in all modes? Did I misunderstand?

I've been playing quickplay a bunch and at the end of the song I get no exp, but my bar refills with the exp I got from the spotlight song every time.

You can xp in all modes, but for crew xp you gotta play the spotlight songs, or the weekly songs. This weeks theme is love songs. You'll see a W beside the song indicating it's apart of it.

_woLf

Most songs that were delisted before Rock Band 4 released are still unavailable on both platforms. I'm pretty sure the only people missing any of the exports now are the EU PS4 players.

Fucking hell. :(

Are they even trying to get them back? I have so, so many damn songs that I'm missing because of that. Some of my favorite songs...some that I even bought after RB4 came out because I thought they'd transfer.

Fucking hell. :(

Are they even trying to get them back? I have so, so many damn songs that I'm missing because of that. Some of my favorite songs...some that I even bought after RB4 came out because I thought they'd transfer.

Yes they're coming. It's next on the list.

drac96

You can xp in all modes, but for crew xp you gotta play the spotlight songs, or the weekly songs. This weeks theme is love songs. You'll see a W beside the song indicating it's apart of it.

So if you get XP on all modes where does it surface that? Like It shows I'm level 2, but that's just from Crew XP. If you only get crew stuff that's fine, I just want to know if I should be getting stuff elsewhere.

So if you get XP on all modes where does it surface that? Like It shows I'm level 2, but that's just from Crew XP. If you only get crew stuff that's fine, I just want to know if I should be getting stuff elsewhere.
Its listed between the score and stars on the stats screen. Just earned 300xp from playing Breakfast At Tiffany's on Quickplay

drac96

Its listed between the score and stars on the stats screen. Just earned 300xp from playing Breakfast At Tiffany's on Quickplay

That's what I thought. That's definitely not happening... Well I'll try again tomorrow after work.

Edit: In case anyone reads back through this thread, I now get exp from every song in quickplay. Don't really know what changed, other than I turned my PS4 off and tried playing again a day later.

Obligatory Sony Europe Update

Rivals is up!

That's it. What, you were expecting a catch? When's the last time that's happened?

...Oh,fine. Here's the catch.

Currently, both the expansion and the bundle with the game are on the store. However only the bundle is available to purchase, at least through the web store. Whether this means that you can only buy it through the in-game store or not, I don't know, nor do I know what it's listed at. Incidentally, the bundle is listed at £49.99, £5 cheaper on the base game on its own. I've been considering going digital with this game for a long while, might finally bite on it.

Alright, have some more. This is this week's announced DLC:

j3XA4t7.jpg

And this is what's turned up on the store:

The Amazon bonus songs. Incidentally, this happened at the base game's launch, we were missing some pre-order songs but got the Amazon ones early. This could be because of the fact that Rivals here is bundled with the 10 songs until the end of the month, and the instrument bundles are unavailable until next month. I dunno. Either way, means we could still get all 12 pre-order songs, which isn't so bad.

Don't know if the update is up, but the extra trophies are showing on the Playstation App, so that's a start. No sign of the crews app on Android either.

All in all, if we can get the expansion via the in-game store and the bonus items come with it then this could very much not be a disaster. Which is nice.

New Fang still isn't PS4 compatible though.

Pro-tip: If you have tons of songs with "Love" in the title you can press Orange on the "Weekly Challenge" menu that shows the spotlight songs to go to a customized "Weekly Challenge Music Library" playlist showing only songs with "Love" in the name! Looks like our teams can earn more points that way too!

Top Bottom