• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockband - New Information From Game Informer

[sarcasm]Yeah, I mean it's practically impossible to play a Strat left-handed....[/sarcasm]

6hh0ig8.jpg

derder

For those who are just now hearing about Amplitude, there is NO reason not to pick it up.

It's 9.99 used at EBGAMES.com. Use SAVER for free shipping.

God, Are You Out There? It's Me, Benjamin.

Please put "Doomsday Clock" off the new Smashing Pumpkins jernt Zeitgeist in this game.

Thanks, duder.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
QuickKick89 said:
GUITAR HERO KILLER CONFIRMED.
I have to reiterate this again for justice and truth. I'm limited in what I can say, but after what I saw last week...Guitar Hero, as a franchise, is ****ed.

Razoric

Banned
bishoptl said:
I have to reiterate this again for justice and truth. I'm limited in what I can say, but after what I saw last week...Guitar Hero, as a franchise, is ****ed.

But Guitar Hero 3 is going to have BOSS BATTLES MAN. :lol

bishoptl said:

Can you answer, it's ****ed because GH3 sucks or because RB rocks? (Which did you have experience with!)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bishoptl said:

Wow, even bishoptl is hyped. This game is gonna rock.

GH is still gonna live though, the series is well known at this point and still sells massively to this day.

bishoptl said:
DAMN YOU BISH!!!!
Can you say if we will get E3 infos?

Alcander

I am so hyped for this game. I actually feel bad for guitar hero now. Their name kind of limits what they can do with the franchise..

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mrbob said:
Woa that guitar is very sweet. :D

So I don't want my GH2 guitar anymore. :p I want this new one!

Definitely will look into selling the Xplorer controller sometime soon. But I want to know if the Rock Band guitar is compatible with GH2 or even GH3. I'm guessing no to GH3 but I want some confirmation

Alcander said:
I am so hyped for this game. I actually feel bad for guitar hero now. Their talent kind of limits what they can do with the franchise..

*nods*

Wario64 said:
Definitely will look into selling the Xplorer controller sometime soon. But I want to know if the Rock Band guitar is compatible with GH2 or even GH3. I'm guessing no to GH3 but I want some confirmation

If it's not, I'll write a quick and dirty howto for rewiring the buttons on the RB guitar to work with GH2.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wario64 said:
Wow, even bishoptl is hyped. This game is gonna rock.

GH is still gonna live though, the series is well known at this point and still sells massively to this day.

Agreed. It will survive on name alone THPS-style, and hopefully continues to be decent through at least 3. Just looking at the ridiculous 360 sales shows that the series has built up quite a name across all platforms. Only difference from THPS being that it has some serious competition.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
bishoptl said:

SET MOUTHS TO FROTH

dfyb

Banned
RiskyChris said:
If it's not, I'll write a quick and dirty howto for rewiring the buttons on the RB guitar to work with GH2.
but wouldn't having it configured for GH2 create problems for rock band...? your little mod involve a toggle switch?

personally i'm just going to play 80's and GH3 on ps2 since i already have guitars and get rock band on ps3.

kenta

Has no PEINS
RiskyChris said:
Grrr, I predict I will break the jaws of at least 100 mouth breathing idiots who scoff at RB for being a "Guitar Hero ripoff."
Have you broken Activision's jaw yet

because you need to

dfyb

Banned
RiskyChris said:
Grrr, I predict I will break the jaws of at least 100 mouth breathing idiots who scoff at RB for being a "Guitar Hero ripoff."
all they need to do is put "from the developers who brought you guitar hero" on the package and ad campaign. they'd be stupid not to.

dfyb said:
but wouldn't having it configured for GH2 create problems for rock band...? your little mod involve a toggle switch?

personally i'm just going to play 80's and GH3 on ps2 since i already have guitars and get rock band on ps3.

Yep.

dfyb said:
all they need to do is put "from the developers who brought you guitar hero" on the package and ad campaign. they'd be stupid not to.

You are much smarter than I.

Mrbob

Y2Kev said:
So why didn't Activision just buy Harmonix? :lol

I'm guessing creative differences?

They probably wanted them to milk Guitar Hero for another 3 years before making Rock Band, and Harmonix wanted to do it now.

dfyb said:
cool cool. hope you can find a convinient place for the switch on that beautiful rock band guitar. :p

I'm hoping the guitar is wireless with a nice battery compartment allowing the switch to be concealed.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
To clarify, I meant that Rock Band is the real deal. Activision did all right by purchasing the GH IP, but they should have moved heaven and earth to get Harmonix instead. You'll see what I'm talking about when RB is released.

I believe the phrase I'm looking for is, "Holy ****ing shit".

bishoptl said:
To clarify, I meant that Rock Band is the real deal. Activision did all right by purchasing the GH IP, but they should have moved heaven and earth to get Harmonix instead. You'll see what I'm talking about when RB is released.

283d15b65821443dadb00d5hs2.gif
283d15b65821443dadb00d5hs2.gif

tubeman.gif
tubeman.gif

1173997175143.gif
1173997175143.gif

bishoptl said:

Thanks Bish :)

For me, it all just depends on the tracklist. I'm really liking GH3's choice of songs so far, but if Rockband can somehow get some of the MUST HAVES, like Floyd, Hendrix, Cream/Clatpon, possibly Zeppelin if they can, than I'll buy a disc plus a guitar in a heartbeat.

Gigglepoo

BrandNew said:
For me, it all just depends on the tracklist.

Rock Band is a platform onto itself. Downloadable songs will be used to make this game great for everyone rather than milk stupid consumers.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think, with EA behind it, RB can afford some really good songs...

God, GH is so ****ed
in five years

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gigglepoo said:
Rock Band is a platform onto itself. Downloadable songs will be used to make this game great for everyone rather than milk stupid consumers.

Considering the GH II DLC so far, milking would be a step up.

Baker

Banned
Did IGN announce some new songs?

My buddy said wikipedia had Ozzy, Megadeth, Venom, and Kinks listed but someone deleted them.

Some asshat did the same thing when I posted that EGM list of GH2 songs before the magazine was on shelves. I'll never understand wiki nazis...

Baker said:
Did IGN announce some new songs?

My buddy said wikipedia had Ozzy, Megadeth, Venom, and Kinks listed but someone deleted them.

Some asshat did the same thing when I posted that EGM list of GH2 songs before the magazine was on shelves. I'll never understand wiki nazis...

.....kinks....?

BWOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!

Baker

Banned
Here it is from an archive. I have no idea if it's true or not.

Also, an IGN interview with several Harmonix employees revealed six more songs, again, all being master tracks.

* "Black Metal" - Venom
* "Jamie's Cryin'" - Van Halen
* "Lola" - The Kinks
* "Over The Mountain" - Ozzy Osbourne
* "She-Wolf - Megadeth
* "The Wicked End" - Avenged Sevenfold

Oh man she wolf is a great song for a game like rock band!

God, I still remember the morning I read this game's announcement. I spent the whole day running in circles F5'ing their broken website. :lol

EDIT: SO HYPED, haven't been this excited for a game since Yoshi's Island back on SNES. I was in like 2nd or 3rd grade then, :lol

Top Bottom