• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League: Neo Tokyo Update Out Today. Features and Patch Notes

Recently got back into playing this with a friend and we're having a ball again. Though I do seem to lag a lot for some reason when I don't lag on other games and I've set my region only to my current. Anyone have pics of the NBA flags?

The fact it's different will promote other play styles. I like that. Hopefully they changed the gravity to be the same as the other maps though

It was necessary. The pros wanted this badly. They hated playing the same layout over and over and wanted some variety. Psyonix agreed that the game was about mastery of the physics and that carried over into any map. Personally I love Underpass but hated having to play some of the other RL maps for a chance to play on it.

Decado

Yes to my knowledge the difference this time around is they are resetting MMR as well. Season 2 took season one placing into account with your ten matches. This one is a clean start for everybody.
How does that work then? How does the game determine who you play at first...?

Oooh boy these very rare rocket trails people are finding already. Icicles, Hearts, Cellshaded cartoon smoke and stars. I wonder how much stuff they added for us to find.
.eJwNyMsNwyAMANBdGABjyidkG0QQiZpghB3lUHX39h3fR93zVKvaRQavANvBheamWWjmVnUjamfN42Bd6IIskst-1S4M6K3HaFJA4xIm4yxgcn4xcUn_xGBjeMHd352erkdv6vsDBx4i4g.dN_34NBQbNRtKHj0ovGGty45RIA.png

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGADzMpRsgwgiURMbgaN-VN29d1_1zEtt6hAZawPYz1V57noJz9Kb7sz9amWcS1e-oYiUetyNZIFFhzaZHK0J2WYTHNgc8GUixpTQeY8-wUNv4g_pQV39_gaEItw.RdAqAQDJoiHKQP9BE2Wl_4XtdjM.png

.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIBShNO6DUGCRqWE1vhxud3vva95xmVWs6t2WQG2QzKPzYrySLXYylyvkvohNvMNSTXl_S5NBTD6iLOjD7pASC54QApxwQXDhI5oIo_wtLPx22xv1fz-Bc4i1A.Qd-Xlx-MhMDepHOnRsN591ONeTY.png

How does that work then? How does the game determine who you play at first...?
It doesn't. It's like day one.

Remember they are going to add player trading and possibly steam marketplace support so you may not want to trade up all of those painted items that might be sought after later.

Pejo

Holy shit, this came out of nowhere for me. I just recently got the PC version from Humble Monthly, and installed it. Put 16 hours in over the weekend, lol. This fucking game.

Can't wait to try out the new stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You don't get to choose your trade-ins. We REALLY are PayFortress 2: Global UnFloor, now.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I just queued for 1v1 and got matched against a professional Rocket League player. I think I was ranked prospect elite in solo last season.

It went about as well as you'd expect

TheSeks

I just queued for 1v1 and got matched against a professional Rocket League player. I think I was ranked prospect elite in solo last season.

It went about as well as you'd expect

It'll be like that for a week as the reset settles.

I got a lightning boost, hearts boost and cartoon boost from the rarer items and some new toppers like a foam dome and roboshades. The new Royalty skin for Dominus may be my new main too unless there's more than one for each car. Unfortunately the download is barely running on my PS4 so I'm gonna be waiting a while to see what else I can unlock from there.

Kayant

I have 3 lightning boosts i can't trade :/

Still happy I got that and heart so far in terms of very rare boosts.

Why does Psyonix keep changing older boost trails to have this blinding light with each patch? Some of them completely obscure the entire back of the car and your own view of the boost.

:/

Ruruja

Played about 15 matches in 2v2 and didn't get Neo Tokyo. :(

Lightning boost is cool, enjoyed mashing B for a rapid gunfire sound and probably annoying the other players. Also rocking the laser shades.

Got up to Challenger rank, the climb begins again.

TheSeks

Is Neo Tokyo in standard unranked? Ive played 10 matches and haven't gotten it.

It is, and it's still awful. :x

Where's the Certified Item Drops at, tho!? I got a painted Fedora (which looks bad with no ability to recolor and keep the band a certain color), but no certified items dropped yet. That's the last one I need to get the achievements introduced today done.

Consumer

Welp, RL went from my GOAT when it released to merely GOTY when wasteland came to ranked, and now it's just a pretty good game with this new map coming to ranked. It's funny that they're still willing to call it a competitive playlist when it's anything but at this point.

Still, cool update. The expanded quickchat would've been cool to use.

Top Bottom