• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman/Mega Man 25th Anniversary Thread

D-Arts Rockman

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the original Japan game release, Tamashii Nations is proud to announce the long awaited and highly requested release of classic Megaman into the ranks of the advanced D-Arts high-articulation action figure series. Fan feedback was critical in the design of this set, which features Met and Rush figures! Superior articulation allows for recreating a variety of action poses. Also included in set is an extensive array of accessory parts such as shot effect parts, as well as two interchangeable face parts, additional right arm Mega Buster parts and Mega Buster barrel opening part, interchangeable right arm, and interchangeable left/right hand parts.

• Release date: December (January in North America).
  • Price: 3,675 yens.
  • Details: PVC, Size: 105mm.

Preorder should start tomorrow in Japanese retailers, in case someone want to grab it.

D-Arts Rockman

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the original Japan game release, Tamashii Nations is proud to announce the long awaited and highly requested release of classic Megaman into the ranks of the advanced D-Arts high-articulation action figure series. Fan feedback was critical in the design of this set, which features Met and Rush figures! Superior articulation allows for recreating a variety of action poses. Also included in set is an extensive array of accessory parts such as shot effect parts, as well as two interchangeable face parts, additional right arm Mega Buster parts and Mega Buster barrel opening part, interchangeable right arm, and interchangeable left/right hand parts.

Preorder should start tomorrow in Japanese retailers, in case someone want to grab it.

O

M

G

Hero

D-Arts Rockman

How comparable are D-Arts to Figmas?

D-Arts Rockman

That thing is awesome.

Mega Man is awesome.

qq more

D-Arts Rockman

Zero: Aarf! I want one!

Beth Cyra

Cool for the Rock fans.

Was hoping the next one would be Ultimate X. He is all I really care about anymore, well unless they some how are extra generous and release a Command Mission style X, then I would buy like three of the bastards.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Cool for the Rock fans.

Was hoping the next one would be Ultimate X. He is all I really care about anymore, well unless they some how are extra generous and release a Command Mission style X, then I would buy like three of the bastards.

You sir have good taste :D

And I'll totally be buying that original Megaman D-Arts as well.

I have otaku problems haha

shaowebb

So is there any hope they are going to announce a "Real" Mega Man game for this anniversary? Any TGS rumors? Anything?

So is there any hope they are going to announce a "Real" Mega Man game for this anniversary? Any TGS rumors? Anything?

Zero rumors, it was hinted many times in the Capcom-Unity stream that maybe they will have some info to share when the time it's right, whatever that means. Personally the only thing I expect for TGS is more screens or some video of Rockman Xover but you never know with Capcom Japan, maybe they will surprise us!.

Cyntec

made this for my facebook-account's header; I thought I gonna share this with other fans :)

rockman2_25th_1440mhzgt.jpg

Mega Man Comic Issue #17 Preview.

Source.

lol Wily ponytail.

New Rockman Xover info:

First and foremost is the revelation of the protagonist’s name: OVER-1 (over one). Have to admit, Light and Cossack have really slipped in naming their creations these days. Then again, OVER-1 is supposed to be a mass production model, so perhaps it has little use as a personal name.

Other than that, it appears players will use “Battle Chips” to customize their own OVER-1s. Despite the name, it’s thought that these Battle Chips don’t have any connection to the Battle Network series (and instead pertain to the usage of “Battle Memory” mentioned on the official site’s dossier).

Source.

There is a scan out there, I'm getting more interested in it.

D-Arts Rockman

Now up for preorder on BigBadToyStore!

Ordered a set of two for my son and I (^_____^)

More Rockman Xover news.

Following up from our Famitsu scoop yesterday, now we have more details and some nice visuals from 4gamer.net. The bulk of the information concerns the background of the newly named character, OVER-1.

As you know, OVER-1 is a robot created in a collaboration between Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack, in order to save the Crossover World that has become threatened by Dr. Wily, Sigma, and other forces of evil now cooperating together. Originally, OVER-1 was a mere all-purpose Reploid with no battle capabilities to speak of. However, OVER- has the special ability to equip “Battle Memory,” which can change his abilities and unleash unfathomable potential.

Uhh… wait… Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack made a Reploid?… Like, is this before Dr. Light made X? Was Dr. Cossack ever involved in Reploid research? I mean, my head is kind of…

Anyway, the various heroes of the Rockman universe have become trapped in a gulf of space-time within this strange Crossover World, and now only OVER-1 can save them AND the future! (Though whose future, we’re not too certain.) Use Battle Memory to customize your own OVER-1, grab your friends, and save Crossover World from certain doom!

Besides that, the only other info we have is confirmation that Rockman Xover will be appearing at Tokyo Game Show, coming up later this month. I imagine the lines will be incredible.

Source:TMMN

I like the design of Over-1 but the furry is confusing, what's the purpose of it?.

shaowebb

More Rockman Xover news.

Why is there a skip option on that battle? Oh God don't let this be like Final Fantasy where you can skip the gameplay...anytime I see that in a game the game's action usually feels irrelevant even when I play it since it was designed to be skippable.

Boney

Banned
I know, I know.

well seeing no one's stepping up to answer, you gotta realize they're reaaaally different games. To this day people will say that Legends (64) isn't a Megaman game.

And 8 isn't one of the best ones of the classic series. I'd probably put it on the lower end of the spectrum with it maybe being better than 5, but it's not necesarily a bad game.

You're getting it of PSN? I'd recommend getting 2, 3 or X as the best starting points.

well seeing no one's stepping up to answer, you gotta realize they're reaaaally different games. To this day people will say that Legends (64) isn't a Megaman game.

And 8 isn't one of the best ones of the classic series. I'd probably put it on the lower end of the spectrum with it maybe being better than 5, but it's not necesarily a bad game.

You're getting it of PSN? I'd recommend getting 2, 3 or X as the best starting points.

This is really what I was curious about.

I was thinking of getting the Saturn version. And okay. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. I'm also well aware how different Legends is lol.

So did you guys hear that Rockman Online is effectively cancelled? The entire team has disbanded, and one of the concept artists has been sharing art on his personal page, which he wouldn't be allowed to do if the project was still alive.

Here's what he shared:

I find it more than a little coincidental that Rockman Online and Rockman Xover are both side-scrolling RPGs that cross over multiple sub-series and allow players to customize their own hero and interact with one another. Yet it's Xover that remains alive and Online that bites the big one. What a world.

Sven in Capcom-Unity:

In December "some but not all" plans for the coming year of celebrations will be shared. There are many moving parts and not everything will be done and final come December. No one has promised a game or even an announcement of one at that time. Please do keep expectations in check.

So yeah, Please do keep expectations in check.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
OP I'm glad you wrote this post. Maybe it will remind capcom that it's somebody very special's birthday.

hiryu64

Sven in Capcom-Unity:

In December "some but not all" plans for the coming year of celebrations will be shared. There are many moving parts and not everything will be done and final come December. No one has promised a game or even an announcement of one at that time. Please do keep expectations in check.

Expectations firmly in check.

ixsPYWSWAbjii.gif

Sven in Capcom-Unity:

Wow, what condescending drivel. What kind of PR person SAYS something like this? "Please try not to jump the gun and think we might actually do something exciting for a change and that we are going to stop being crappy all of a sudden!" Isn't this more like anti-PR or something?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wow. What kind of PR person SAYS something like this? "Please try not to jump the gun and think we might actually do something exciting and are going to stop being crappy all of a sudden!" Isn't this more like anti-PR or something?

To me that means: there will be something neat, but it's not a game.

Top Bottom