• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady: "People are going to lose their minds [when we start talking again]"

jviggy43

Unless it's coop multiplayer which should have been in the arkham games, I'm not losing shit. At least if it's another superhero game. Give me a superhero game I can play with my friends.

I'd be super interested in a Rocksteady developed Harry Potter game. It's a similar starting point to Batman, in that it's a massive property with relatively weak/non-existent representation in video games. The thought must have crossed the minds of those at Warner Bros, surely?

ArjanN

EYL4l49.png

Let's go!!

Turtles would definitely be a better pick than just some slightly different flavor of Batman again.

Other DC heroes honestly aren't great IMO. Superman is boring and his powerset is hard to implement, the Flash has never made any sense, etc. Batman is the best DC hero and they've mined him pretty hard with the previous games.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd be super interested in a Rocksteady developed Harry Potter game. It's a similar starting point to Batman, in that it's a massive property with relatively weak/non-existent representation in video games. The thought must have crossed the minds of those at Warner Bros, surely?

This could potentially be super awesome or totally shit.

eXistor

If they wanna prove their true worth as a developer, it has to be a completely different genre for me to be interested (and definitely no superheroes, yuck). For me the only game of theirs worth playing was Arkham Asylum and it's all downhill from there (haven't played Urban Chaos though). Impress me Rocksteady.

Fluloco

It actually has: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357969

I still hope that really exists and it's not just a really well thought theory.

Cutebrute

I want a new IP or a Harry Potter game from them. My love for Superman will allow me to accept a new game in that franchise, but I'd rather not get one of those.

The next game in my backlog is actually Superman:Man of Steel on the original Xbox so I really may not want a Superman game after that.

EDIT: beaten on the Harry Potter idea. I really think Rocksteady is more equipped to handle the game. I think their world and puzzle design would translate better to that world than say, Avalanche. I've mentioned this in a few threads before, but I'm on mobile right now.

Hope its before E3 because if not Mortal Kombat 11 gonna steal all the hype.

Its gonna steal the hype from every game at E3.

You sure? I don't think it has a chance

Lineup could be too good - Death Stranding, TLOU Part II, FROM Software ARPG, Cyberpunk 2077, Metroid, and Fire Emblem to name a few potential games showing up.

Please be a Batman the Animated Series game...

Honestly I'll be happy with whatever but that would possibly make me cry with happiness.

SomTervo

If it was a Justice League game, could be interesting to have multiple playable protagonists. Like Batman is one, the Arkham Bat we know and love, but then a Superman with a twist, a Wonder Woman with a twist, etc.

Would have to play to each protag's strengths and weaknesses and considering they have actual powers would have to be carefully designed.

I almost don't care how little sense it makes, I want Destiny Justice League.

You have a hero, you team up with a couple friends and go out on missions. Not sure what the carrot on the stick is, but I'm sure someone could figure it out.

Espada

Lose their minds? Rocksteady + Franchise that will make people lose their minds... Like others have said, Superman is a big one. It'd be a good counter to Insomniac's Spiderman. Though, something that would be just as big would be Justice League.

Batman and Wonder Woman being playable in a Rocksteady title would send people over the moon.

SomTervo

Arkham City.

You and all the other players are criminals.

You compete against each other in a battle royale fashion, but the map does not artificially get smaller. No.

The more savage you are, the better chance that Batman arrives and fucks you the fuck up.

Imagine a battle royale game where Batman was the big bad/the shrinking arena. Awesome.

Who can do the most crimes and get away with it before the Bat sweeps them... I like it

My dream IP for Rocksteady to work on is Predator and it's not impossible when you look at MKX. But even then, I can't imagine losing my mind to that being announced after the bullshit WB has been pulling off.

Keym

Arkham City.

You and all the other players are criminals.

You compete against each other in a battle royale fashion, but the map does not artificially get smaller. No.

The more savage you are, the better chance that Batman arrives and fucks you the fuck up.

Imagine a battle royale game where Batman was the big bad/the shrinking arena. Awesome.

So basically Arkham Origins multiplayer with bigger maps. Eh, it had its moments.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What he meant is people are going to lose their mind's at how many loot boxes there are

Rhoc

Why does it have to be Superhero related ? Did they talk about it ?
I would be really interested what they can do in some different setting something original.

jdstorm

Banned
I almost don't care how little sense it makes, I want Destiny Justice League.

You have a hero, you team up with a couple friends and go out on missions. Not sure what the carrot on the stick is, but I'm sure someone could figure it out.

Its an episodic hero shooter were classes = characters. So you don't get a custom character. You choose to play as say Wonder Woman and thats your Sentinal Titan or The Flash is your Hunter equivalent. Then your friends join in as other key heroes.

The Carrot is raids are story focussed. Since you can design them around 6 of your Heroes. Raid 1 might be for Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern and Cyborg and it would tell a specific story involving those characters.

Raid 2 would be a different story featuring different characers. Perhaps Batman and Cyborg get benched for other metahumans to have a threat that is at increased power levels. Or perhaps they go for an all human raid thats Batman, Catwoman, Black Canary, Green Arrow ect

Ultimately releasing a mini movie style raid every 3 months where you would potentially need every character at MAX level to start it is a pretty great incentive to grind.

Then completing the raid gives you RNG cosmetic skins.

blakep267

Why does it have to be Superhero related ? Did they talk about it ?
I would be really interested what they can do in some different setting something original.
Why would WB have them work on anything else? It'll probably be super hero related with the off chance of being a Harry Potter game

Top Bottom