• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady: "People are going to lose their minds [when we start talking again]"

daftstar

I consider the Arkham games to be a trilogy of genuine masterpieces.

Yes, even Knight.

RS are top, top tier. Can't wait to see what they're cooking up.

I'm with you man. I'll always be impressed with what they've done with the trilogy.

Basically earned my "Day 1 no question" dev status. If it's Beyond I'll def lose my mind.

Its an episodic hero shooter where classes = characters. So you don't get a custom character. You choose to play as say Wonder Woman and thats your Sentinal Titan or The Flash is your Hunter equivalent. Then your friends join in as other key heroes.

The Carrot is raids are story focussed. Since you can design them around 6 of your Heroes. Raid 1 might be for Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern and Cyborg and it would tell a specific story involving those characters.

Raid 2 would be a different story featuring different characers. Perhaps Batman and Cyborg get benched for other metahumans to have a threat that is at increased power levels. Or perhaps they go for an all human raid thats Batman, Catwoman, Black Canary, Green Arrow ect

Ultimately releasing a mini movie style raid every 3 months where you would potentially need every character at MAX level to start it is a pretty great incentive to grind.

Then completing the raid gives you RNG cosmetic skins.

Oh man this is tickling my avocados in all the right places. The idea of playing a game cooperatively with my friends in a big environment and we're all Justice League members with a component battle system. Whew.

I'm not going to lose my mind if it is a DC superhero game again, especially Batman (needs a break) or Superman. Rocksteady have proven they have the talent, they deserve to either be working on their own project or take their pick of one of WB's many other IPs.

You get to play a regular civilian, and have to buy lootboxes in order to get a proper hero character unlocked. You unlock them 1 bone/organ at a time, and will also have to acquire every piece of clothing first. And of course you also get duplicates. There will be over 30 playable characters, and you need them all in order to complete the game. There also will be a PVP aspect where players who are stronger than you can raid you and destroy your lootbox content in exchange for a few ingame coins that are used to buy colour variations for their clothing pieces.
I can picture some WB executive reading this comment being like
W3Zy677.gif

Gator86

Congrats on the 1st thread, OP!

On topic: Arkham Knight was butt. What a disappointing sequel. It totally flatlined my excitement for anything else from Rocksteady. I hope they find a way to recapture their earlier magic.

The only Batman game I would want is that Damian Wayne game. I do hope they have a new license to work with.

Edit: Batman Beyond would be neat too

Jumeira

Banned
They realize their name is Rocksteady and not Rockstar right? Arkham Knight was nowhere near as good as City was. While I think they are a talented and capable developer, why would we lose our minds?

Asylum was released at that perfect time of during and after Dark Knight and they capitalized on what was then a slightly more innovative combat system and utilized the massive fame of Batman to push the game. I just hope whatever it is is not a PubG/Destiny 2 style game.

No, the hype is warranted from Rocksteady. One of the best devs industry.

jryeje29

Can’t wait, I’ve loved every game this studio has made so far. Hopefully we get whatever it is sooner rather than later.

Justice League or Superman would be cool I guess, can't say I'm very excited by those prospects, another Arkham wouldn't exactly thrill me either.

I think they would be pretty predictable announcements when I'm hoping they are making something unexpected, I would love to see someone do a really good Matrix game, the tech and talent to do one is there at Rocksteady.

batfax

EYL4l49.png

Let's go!!

This is the only other comic property that'd get me really excited. A proper AAA TMNT? 'bout damn time.

I'd be really interested in seeing how they make the four turtles play differently too, or if they'd just stick you with Leonardo or something and have the others support you.

I thought this thread was about some new shit

this is weeks old

723dc7dc8944aa314358da9bac65163da392f1df_hq.gif

8350377bdef49094bcc03c72dfe18f8fcecad36f_hq.gif

Please...

cyberpunk

batman

dear lawd

i hope for whatever their next game is to be grounded like AA or at least AC level.
AK felt sooo bloated !

Nah, fill my Bat-cup to the brim every time.

Unless it's coop multiplayer which should have been in the arkham games, I'm not losing shit. At least if it's another superhero game. Give me a superhero game I can play with my friends.

Yuss, this is long overdue. Teaming up to kick-ass is the final frontier of the Arkham formula. After that, they can move on

hollomat

Banned
Bat mobile Arkham. Nothing but bat mobile. No Batman sections.

Giving the people what they want.

Whatever they do next better not have any of the bat mobile stuff. That ruined Arkham knight

est1992

Either Superman or Justice League, though I'm hoping for the former. He needs a good solo game.

Rocksteady said they were done with Batman too. So you guys can count that out.

I'd say expect an announcement probably next month near the JL movie release. WB has nothing else on their slate as far as games and I'm sure the shareholders want to get some more revenue from pre-orders coming in, so they'll announce it as soon as Shadow of War sales start to dip.

est1992

Justiceleaguegame.com goes to warner bros site.... if that means anything to anyone.....

Who are the guys that find these type of leaks? Let's get them on the case.

low-G

Maybe it's about quality?

I mean a Batman game that's somehow like Batman the Animated Series, multiple episodes, stylish, open world...

Not many IPs would make me lose my mind... A really good Star Trek TNG game?

TMNT or Ghostbusters could be really good, but the game must be great.

Gusto

I wouldn’t lose my mind for Batman, Superman, or the Justice League. Now if it were the Teen Titans, I’d go nuts.

Top Bottom