• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ronda Rousey on loss - "It might be 3 to 6 months before I can eat an apple"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0527

rrcrowj6pua.gif

Money son...you're straight up money.

I hope Tyler is giving you a cut out of every GAF Gold sub. You're worth ever penny.

darscot

I really, really do not understand this at all, GAF.
Tell me again, since when is adult males or females pouncing each other into near-death injured beings is cool? I know, since the stone age, but seriously?

The way that gif went around with her getting knocked out - honestly, looked like a grave injury could have easily had happened -, with such ferocity as if she deserved to be nearly killed. What the fuck. I fail to see any kind of fun or joy or whatever in it.

If anything, this interview (parts of it, anyway) should shed some light into the human side of a loss. And yet, the same kind of hearthless posts repeat once again. Why?

Easy now, she is a fighter and accepted millions of dollars to get in the ring and fight. She got punched in the face at no time was she near death.

Monocle

Tell me again, since when is adult males or females pouncing each other into near-death injured beings is cool? I know, since the stone age, but seriously?

The way that gif went around with her getting knocked out - honestly, looked like a grave injury could have easily had happened -, with such ferocity as if she deserved to be nearly killed. What the fuck. I fail to see any kind of fun or joy or whatever in it.

If anything, this interview (parts of it, anyway) should shed some light into the human side of a loss. And yet, the same kind of hearthless posts repeat once again. Why?
Recall the history of combat sports and the spectacle surrounding public torture and execution. There's your answer.

But more to the point, Rousey got arrogant and then got rekt. The response is pretty easy to understand.

Bizazedo

Serious answer? It's a paid sport. It's not like she was assaulted on the street. That + hubris = ideal setting for this reaction.

Bubba T

Ali was a fighter, sure he lost but he went to war and he got hit and could take punishment. The two are in no way comparable. Its not like Ali went 10-0 and never had his chin tested. Ali had his jaw broken and kept fighting, he was a warrior.

To add to this, Ali never lost convincingly at his peak. This person was hyped to be so good she can easily transition to boxing - all the while talking shit to one of the best in the ring in our generation - and to not just lose, but be put down like she put down the scrubs before her, she has really few options but to eat crow.

Cheebo

Banned
Does anyone feel sorry for her after she claimed the parents of the sandy hook murdered kids were paid actors by the government? She deserves to have this fuck over her career.

criticizing fighters for having big egos is fucking ridiculous.
what do you guys think about muhammad ali ? or was it ok because he was a man ?

You are right sports fans never criticize cocky male athletes and throw their words back in their face in a manner they will never live down.

lebron.gif

No one was near death, you clown.

Mega

Banned
No, you really don't. Educate yourself about the sport and what it is you're watching before making such big leaps and assumptions based on a GIF.

So she got her ass beat but she's still on the front cover?
Lose fight, get magazine cover. Laughable.
My thoughs exactly. I mean I get why, but maybe another definite L will put a complete end to the Rousey charade. At least her cocky bitch attitude is way toned down after that mauling.

-MD-

Mainly because she talks a lot and most of what she says is actually stupid or contradictory.

"I can beat men!"
"No. I don't want to fight Fallon Fox. She's cheating with genetics."

"My masculine body is sexy, every muscle serves a purpose"

"Cyborg looks like a man, she must have a penis"

Yaari

Haha. Some replies in here.

“Fighting – I don’t care what color you are, or what language you speak, or what country you live it, we’re all human beings and fighting’s in our DNA. We get it and we like it,” he stated.

Fighting is in our DNA!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

FStop7

Banned
My thoughs exactly. I mean I get why, but maybe another definite L will put a complete end to the Rousey charade. At least her cocky bitch attitude is way toned down after that mauling.

A lot of media outlets deeply bought into the Rousey hype. So now they're trying to save face.

Yaari

I don't see her attitude changing too much. But the main thing is that the media has now learned a valuable lesson, and whenever she says stupid shit like knocking out boxing champions in practice, it will sound ridiculous.

Actually I doubt she'll ever say something like that again.

Her loss is the best thing that happened to WMMA. And I actually think she will win the rematch.

I feel like some of you guys were out to steal souls in this thread.

And then the SunhiLegend gif to cap it off? Priceless.

I love this place sometimes.

LosDaddie

Banned
Thank you, Sunhi. Thank you.

Also, this interview all but confirms Ronda's jaw was broke, or at least fractured.

Possibly one of the GAFiest posts in all of GAF OT's history.

tariniel

This thread is disgusting. I'm pretty callous in general but still can't believe some of these replies. I don't care what kind of person she is, that kind of injury is enough to make me shudder, no matter who suffers it.

valeo

What's wrong with apples?

Green apples are the GOAT, lots of fiber in it. Or at least, a significant source of fiber.

The internet, ladies and gentlemen.

Reads one key word and jumps in to offer all important personal opinion.

3N16MA

Banned
She is still hiding? She must really want to protect whatever is left of her image.

Just realized that Sunhi posted. Thread is now legendary.

Leunam

This thread is disgusting. I'm pretty callous in general but still can't believe some of these replies. I don't care what kind of person she is, that kind of injury is enough to make me shudder, no matter who suffers it.

Even when it's a person that does this for a living, loves what they do, and knows that this is entirely possible when they get into the ring?

I'm sure Ronda really appreciates you standing up for her.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I didn't know she got wrecked that bad. Holly got fists of steel.

Forget a rematch, she ended her career.

All due to her acting so cocky I can't even feel bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom