• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Double - Before Crime * After Days KS ($135k goal/Steam&Vita/Zero Escape-like)

Shizuka

We are working very hard on something for the final days. Before I head into the final negotiations, maybe you guys can tell me what you would most want to see done for the final few days? Any rewards you'd like to see, any changes you'd like to see?

Share it with me and I will take it to heart and go into the final battle for you.

I know it may not be possible, but I'd back the Kickstarter if the physical copy came with both Steam and Vita digital codes.

Aku-Audi

I know it may not be possible, but I'd back the Kickstarter if the physical copy came with both Steam and Vita digital codes.

OK in the completely fantasy like setting where they decide to include a Kickstarter exclusive collectors box of sorts with physical pc along with vita, would that interest you?

Shizuka

OK in the completely fantasy like setting where they decide to include a Kickstarter exclusive collectors box of sorts with physical pc along with vita, would that interest you?

You mean physical PC and digital Vita instead of physical PC and digital Vita + Steam? It could very well happen, yes.

Aku-Audi

You mean physical PC and digital Vita instead of physical PC and digital Vita + Steam? It could very well happen, yes.

Box including Physical, Steam+Vita, yeah.

And say that would be possible, what range would you find yourself willing to pledge?

Shizuka

Box including Physical, Steam+Vita, yeah.

And say that would be possible, what range would you find yourself willing to pledge?

For physical PC and both digital Steam and Vita... I don't know, I wouldn't go higher than the double digital tier ($99). I wish Sekai Project could just add the Vita port to every tier with a Steam digital code, but that'd be a lot more than it's realistic to think of.

Aku-Audi

In regards to pricing, there are 2 issues. One is that its a funding campaign whereas the developer now has to squeeze a completely unforseen project which sets their entire schedule out of the loop, and as such we can't make it a pre-order shop.

Second issue is that there is no single entity or person that can add or decide on anything. Sekai Project is merely one of the involved parties, and not at liberty to make sweeping changes such as that. We do work on improving everything and communicating with everyone involved to our best ability however.

blacksark

We are working very hard on something for the final days. Before I head into the final negotiations, maybe you guys can tell me what you would most want to see done for the final few days? Any rewards you'd like to see, any changes you'd like to see?

Share it with me and I will take it to heart and go into the final battle for you.

Well, in a world of fantasy I would like to see a physical vita version where voices can be downloaded as a DLC, or that it could include two cartridges...(so it fits), or as the size is 3.6gb better compressed game could fit on a 4gb cartridge?
On a more realistic side I would like to see a collector's box with game pc physical+ost+(artbook although stretch goal is not met?)+vita code.(price 150$)
I know I may be asking too much but as we have to say things that would be my opinions, I may think of more things later.
Also(for the purpose of the campaign not that I'm interested) I would add more 2000$ tiers since they have been a success.

A 150 tier with collectors box, digital and physical ost, digital steam + vita version, physical pc version, mini artbook, name in credits.

The artbook is not so important for me, but i would like to see a tier with all the other things.

And thank you for the hard work, it means a lot to me, i love Nakazawas Visual Novels, and i dont want to miss his maybe best VN yet :(

Edit: some ideas from the kickstarter comments:

. I would love to suggest wallpaper collections for both lower, mid, & high tier. A digital art book, maybe in $70 or less tier. With a physical art book, $70 & higher. & maybe a poster could be included in a lower tier than it is in well.

Oh, another thought, maybe key chains as well, that would also be cool.

Maybe the collector's box could come with the art book, a special poster, key-chains, a collector's box of course with the physical game, & maybe a steam key as well, & I know this pushing it, but a possible figure.

Vanethyr

Like some of the others are saying, a Collector's Edition is probably what I'd like to see the most. In an ideal fantasy world where anything was possible a physical Vita edition would be the greatest thing to happen even if it was just a standard edition, but alas I'm aware of the limitations of the real world :(

I can't see myself going any higher than my current pledge though ($275), I've had to make enough cuts as it is!

(tusen hjertelig takk for alt som du gjør Audi <3)

blacksark

Like some of the others are saying, a Collector's Edition is probably what I'd like to see the most. In an ideal fantasy world where anything was possible a physical Vita edition would be the greatest thing to happen even if it was just a standard edition, but alas I'm aware of the limitations of the real world :(

I can't see myself going any higher than my current pledge though ($275), I've had to make enough cuts as it is!

(tusen hjertelig takk for alt som du gjør Audi <3)

Yep,the same I've said.
People no kickstarter want multiple configuration/tiers for a collector box so people can chose.

He writes...
Uchikoshi said:
Let me say this just one more time. There is little time left. My best friend &#20013;&#28580; &#24037; and his team are seeking backer in order to localize the visual novel game in Kickstarter. The name of the game is "Root Double". It's getting 4.5 stars at Amazon in Japan. http://goo.gl/mFI7Iq Most of the players had beaten it says "It's the best awesome visual novel in Japanese game history." If you are interested in it, please check link page. Thank you for your cooperation.
THAT is some high praise.

New update.

The Kickstarter exclusive Collector&#8217;s Edition of Root Double will include a physical/digital copy of the game for Steam, physical/digital of the OST, thank you message from the staff, a new &#8220;desktop accessories&#8221; disc, and name in credits. The mug will be in separate packaging. All for $125.

For PSVita fans, we can offer the Collector&#8217;s Edition and include PSVita for $140, but please keep in mind we still cannot do a physical release of the game for PSVita due to size limitations on Sony&#8217;s physical medium for the handheld.

Also the tiers $150, $200, $225, $275, $1000, $1,500, and $2,000 all have been upgraded to include this Collector's Edition.

Finally we&#8217;ve added 5 more slots for the $2,000 tier.

Aku-Audi

For you Vita backers at 99, just remember that Vita is included at $140, not $125. That's how them things go sometimes.

Jazz573

Highly doubtful, but maybe even one stretch goal will be hit.

Tho, if the fanbook goal is hit, I feel $1000 is way too high.

blacksark

For you Vita backers at 99, just remember that Vita is included at $140, not $125. That's how them things go sometimes.

Seriously thanks for all your hard work,now that we're honest in the beginning the kickstarter was a bit of a mess, but you've adressed all the mistakes and now everything is nice :3
As said(and knowing the limitations) the only thing missing (for me) is the possibility of a physical vita, other than that this looks awesome and I thank you and your team for that.

PS:You've made me pledge that 140 tier having not too much money but it looks awesome and can't miss it and want this game to exist and be playable(in japanese vn are not playable imo)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ok now to decide if I want the $140 or just $125... I'll prob just got with 125 since I don't think I will play the game twice on both platforms.

Christian

I don't have a PC, but I'm hoping to get one for my birthday in May. I really want this to make it over. So tempted to pledge at $140.

Shizuka

It started to turn around when the Vita port was announced, even with the $225 tier. By then, it only started to get more and more likely to meet the goal, and IMO, this last update sealed the deal.

Aku-Audi

People on reddit, still freaking out that it will fail.

While I enjoy the majority of the Reddit VN community, I sadly also get more than enough messages about either shipping off the company's financial reports cause...reasons, or good ol' threats. I take none of these things seriously and sometimes I just reply with the lyrics to I'll Make Love To You from Boyz II Men smash hit album II. In other words I try to focus more on the actuality of the situations than redditors over-assumptions and anger.

Wonder how regular people justify asking for a company's financial reports from different quarters. It would make our partners go Chong Li on my Van Damme bottom if we'd just give that out.

LiK

upped mine to $140 for Vita. I want dem trophies and playing VNs on the Vita is so much better than PC. shame it has a Mar 2017 release.

Shizuka

While I enjoy the majority of the Reddit VN community, I sadly also get more than enough messages about either shipping off the company's financial reports cause...reasons, or good ol' threats. I take none of these things seriously and sometimes I just reply with the lyrics to I'll Make Love To You from Boyz II Men smash hit album II. In other words I try to focus more on the actuality of the situations than redditors over-assumptions and anger.

Wonder how regular people justify asking for a company's financial reports from different quarters. It would make our partners go Chong Li on my Van Damme bottom if we'd just give that out.

Why would people ask for Sekai Project's financial reports?

You should see the conspiracy theories about SP on /jp/. Every time someone grabs a higher tier there's some truther there to tell the world how you are funding your own Kickstarter.

Aku-Audi

So the exact reasons are never clear, but my theory is that since the VN community is mostly grown out of a very knitted and open fan translation community, they sort of expect official companies to be held to the same standard as a fansubber.

This is not just Sekai mind you, I got friends working at other companies that tell me the exact same.

Shizuka

So the exact reasons are never clear, but my theory is that since the VN community is mostly grown out of a very knitted and open fan translation community, they sort of expect official companies to be held to the same standard as a fansubber.

This is not just Sekai mind you, I got friends working at other companies that tell me the exact same.

Maybe groups thinking of going official? Could be the reason. It's off-topic, but interesting.

Probably to "prove" whether or not they are capable of funding this project (or any other) without relying on Kickstarter. Though I would hope that anyone who could actually accurately read and understand a company's full financial report would be old and mature enough not to make idiotic demands like that.

Also, dangit Sekai Project, what are you doing to me? I was having a hard enough time resisting backing this due to financial constraints, and now you dangle a collector;s box in front of me for a very reasonable price? Curse you!

Top Bottom