• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Double - Before Crime * After Days KS ($135k goal/Steam&Vita/Zero Escape-like)

I can't imagine the stress of watching their inbox waiting for the next incremental progress on a vita update as these days are passing by.

I hope they get it asap and it causes and immediate massive push.

It's been a good two days for the KS. I'm not sure how sustainable this 3.6k daily rate is, but there's some hope if they can establish a baseline higher than 2k.

Though as has already been said, the number of backers is fine, it's that the average pledge is quite low for a VN Kickstarter with a goal that high. I wonder if Sekai Project is kicking themselves for raising the goal by 15k from the prefundia.

blacksark

It's been a good two days for the KS. I'm not sure how sustainable this 3.6k daily rate is, but there's some hope if they can establish a baseline higher than 2k.

Though as has already been said, the number of backers is fine, it's that the average pledge is quite low for a VN Kickstarter with a goal that high. I wonder if Sekai Project is kicking themselves for raising the goal by 15k from the prefundia.

Completely agree with that statement(have said it many times), however they've told me many times that they're working on new tiers and things.And one of those things that have been requested from people(like me) has been a 150$ collector edition with a nice box, the ost, and things they could add for making a collector's edition of the game.

Shizuka

Bar any miracle, I guess it's safe to say now that it won't meet the goal by the end of the campaign. Which is a shame, because after Clannad and the Grisaia trilogy, this is the most interesting title Sekai Project has ever licensed.

blacksark

I don't want to believe it's impossible yet, but that the momentum has to be changed with interesting updates and not updates about spoilers.

Waxwing

Shoot...between this and Consortium: The Tower, it's looking like I've just backed my first two failed KS's Both look really good- is it just getting that much harder to gain attention in the KS environment?

Jazz573

Shoot...between this and Consortium: The Tower, it's looking like I've just backed my first two failed KS's Both look really good- is it just getting that much harder to gain attention in the KS environment?

Poor choice of tiers compared to their previous projects is probably a big part.

Bar any miracle, I guess it's safe to say now that it won't meet the goal by the end of the campaign. Which is a shame, because after Clannad and the Grisaia trilogy, this is the most interesting title Sekai Project has ever licensed.

Nah, it's not quite that bad. I'd say there's like a 30% chance this gets funded.

grim-tales

Thats still pretty small though :(
Since its been greenlit, do you think there's a chance it will end up on steam in the future even if the KS fails?

Vanethyr

Fair enough :) Its just the last coupla updates said "Potential Spoilers" on them, thats all :)

Yeah that was my bad, sorry :p I wasn't sure how spoilery they'd be so I figured I'd throw "potential" in there just in case as I hadn't read them due to wanting to go in blind.

Don't want to back until Sekai actually releases one of their promised Vita titles.

I want to say this is different because Sekai Project won't have to do any of the development work. And since that's the case, I could see this being released on Vita before their other titles.

I'd be more inclined to back if they actually put up a Vita tier, though. That would increase their sense of obligation.

blacksark

I've none. I have 0 faith in SP.

I don't get so much sekai hating, they are trying to bring a very good game, only that is enough. And if they've said they have news is because they have confirmations and i know the vita problems, but it's a different situation.

Shizuka

Sekai Project doesn't exactly leave me inspired with a Vita version. It'll help the campaign, but for me personally, unless they say that it'll be the "ready to go" japanese Vita port developed by Regista, I'll remain skeptical.

Sekai Project doesn't exactly leave me inspired with a Vita version. It'll help the campaign, but for me personally, unless they say that it'll be the "ready to go" japanese Vita port developed by Regista, I'll remain skeptical.
Same here, but using Regista makes too much sense, so I hope they do it. I mean, if they're basically porting the console version to PC, I should think they could just plug the English scripts back into the Vita version no problem.

Olengie

My thoughts exactly. Wish they did that with Grisaia.

XMSHO

Regista is knowing as a porting and console development company, the common sense will be in them doing the porting... Hope they can make it part of the main goal or add in a stretch goal near the main one.

Shizuka

Regista is knowing as a porting and console development company, the common sense will be in them doing the porting... Hope they can make it part of the main goal or add in a stretch goal near the main one.

Well, they ported it to the Vita for a japanese release, all they'd have to do is add the english script to that version.

Top Bottom