• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rotten Watch: The Ring Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suerte

Litigation Manuel said:
I didn't really find the Ring scary, but it had a good interesting plot.
The Ring 2 though, terrible plot. Awful. Please don't see it. Not even scary at all. No one in the full theatre screamed, jumped, nothing really. At one point everyone was laughing, during a serious scene. Save yourself the money.

I know I'll love it. I really am Ringu/The Ring obsessed.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
The
deer
scene rocked! Rest of the movie bored the crap outta me. =/

I thought the Japanese "Ringu" was decent (haven't seen Ringu 2) and disliked the American "The Ring", but I went to see Ring Two today anyway since my friends wanted to see it (how stupid am I?). It was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was horrible on every single level. And my god, the
CG deer?
. Meh!

Out of the 8 or so people I know that saw it today, only one didn't mind it.

jett

D-Member
Heh, I'm not surprsied it sucks. Ringu was a piece of shit. Whose bright idea was it to bring Nakata as the director?

MIMIC

Banned
What really disappointed me was the fact that Samara could kill you even if you didn't look at the video tape, like when she killed Max. That's such an extreme deviation from the first film of how she killed her victims.

And the fact that the well Samara could speak was the biggest WTF of them all

How about the fact that only
3 people died in the entire movie?

What kind of horror movie only has
3 deaths?

FoneBone

ThirstyFly said:
How about the fact that only
3 people died in the entire movie?

What kind of horror movie only has
3 deaths?
I think the first movie only had that many... unless you count the horse.
(My memory may be failing me, of course.)

i saw this piece of shit tonight. what a joke. well maybe i am overexaggerating how bad it was, but i came away pretty disappointed. here is why i disliked this movie:

1. it was basically the SAME EXACT FUCKING MOVIE AS THE FIRST!
2. the ending was lame
3. the dialog is perhaps the worst i have ever heard in an american feature film
4. low death count... so low infact that you could count them on one hand... if you were a simpson... who had a couple fingers cut off!
5. story sucked ass. the first ring wasn't exactly of godfather quality, but at least it kept me entertained and interested. this is just shitty
6. the use of CGI sucked
7. what the fuck was with all the moose ramming the chicks car and acting weird?! and why were they CG?
8. the movie depended on cheap thrills. a hand lurching out quickly, or a screeching noise. it didn't scare you at all as the first film did.

here is what i did like about it:

1. when naomi watts is in the well and climbing up, and then the chick is climbing up the well all fast and stop-motion like. looked pretty freaky

that's it ladies! one fucking thing! in retrospect the only way they could have done the series justice would have been to do a prequel. they were destined for failure with this movie. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! this movie is complete balls

Pachinko

Ring 2 was awful. As awful as Ringu 2 ? no no, thankfully in this film all the characters don't suddenly die pointlessly in the last 10 minutes becuase of prop humour.

Stay away from it unless you are extremly bored , much like somone else in this thread mentioned you'll laugh more then you'll be scared. This is one of those films that shouldn't have even been made. For shame Hideo Nakata, For shame dreamworks. Hopefully it tanks so we don't need to suffer through an american version of ring 0.

Odnetnin

Banned
Prince of Space said:
"I'm not your fucking mommy!"

:lol :lol

people in my cinema clapped at that. I thought it was all a bit too much. A bit like Aliens where Sigorney went "Get away from her you bitch".

I think the difference in direction really affected how the feature went. Gore Verbenski was a lot better and the movie played/paced through much better. I also thought that the visuals lacked the blueness/tint of the first film that made it for me.

Also awful about RIng 2 - they didn't have that many deaths and even then, you didn't get to see that many of them. THe 1st kid in that first scene was a bad choice.. dunno where they pulled him from but I found his prescence in the feature distracting. REALLY STINKER OF AN INTRO TO THE SEQUEL

LakeEarth

Prince of Space said:
"I'm not your fucking mommy!"

:lol :lol
I hate that. When a movie has no swearing in it at all, and the word "fuck" comes out of nowhere, you KNOW they just put it in there to get the PG-13 rating, although I figure it should've gotten that anyways.

lexi

Banned
Ugh, I went in with low expectations and I was still blown away by the sheer crappiness of the movie. As mentioned in this thread, the dialog is fucking terrible, I laughed at the stupidity of the lines and briefly thought the movie had entered some sort of self-parody theme. Where they setup the whole 'I'll follow your voice' thing was... mind numbingly stupid, it felt incredbly forced and you knew it was setting up some shitty relevance near the end of the movie.

The deer scene didn't make any sense and it seems that Samara is now a super monster who can kill anyone at will! Fuck the whole premise of the tape and the intrigue surrounding it!

Horrible. 0 out of 10.

Odnetnin

Banned
lockii said:
Ugh, I went in with low expectations and I was still blown away by the sheer crappiness of the movie. As mentioned in this thread, the dialog is fucking terrible, I laughed at the stupidity of the lines and briefly thought the movie had entered some sort of self-parody theme. Where they setup the whole 'I'll follow your voice' thing was... mind numbingly stupid, it felt incredbly forced and you knew it was setting up some shitty relevance near the end of the movie.

The deer scene didn't make any sense and it seems that Samara is now a super monster who can kill anyone at will! Fuck the whole premise of the tape and the intrigue surrounding it!

Horrible. 0 out of 10.

the deer scene kicked ass although I had huge problems with the "She just wants her own mummy bit" to the story. Completely fucked up.

3/10

My friend who however didn't watch RING1, enjoyed it immensely.

Che

Banned
MIMIC said:
As a diehard "The Ring" fan, I can say I was fairly disappointed. :(

It wasn't a horrible movie, but as a follow-up to "The Ring".... :(

Exactly. I really liked the Ring but I was dissapointed by this one. And the story sucked.

flsh

Banned
Why did you expect more? the hole point about the original is finding out how people died. Knowing about Samara killing and her powers kill the hole point of making the movie.
Should I see this movie or just pass? I've seen all the ring movies (well, almost... havn't seen ring virus) and I feel I have to just to see the 3rd alternate sequel too :p

I just hope they don't make a Ring 0 US. The JPN version has a point only because the Ring (1) tells almost nothing about Sadako, but in the US version we learn a lot about Samara. No point in ruining the story completely :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom