• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: AVATAR (82%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Its confirmed to be a Timed exclusive, Im pretty sure I read that it was 1 year but I dont remember from which site. Either way, 1 year makes sense.

StuBurns

Banned
Dead said:
Its confirmed to be a Timed exclusive, Im pretty sure I read that it was 1 year but I dont remember from which site. Either way, 1 year makes sense.
A timed exclusive suggests the product will be out at retail, your post said it will not.

Dead

well not really...yet
StuBurns said:
A timed exclusive suggests the product will be out at retail, your post said it will not.
Either way, the word out of blu-con was that the retail won't be out until possibly 2013.

StuBurns said:
Well, I certainly won't be buying a 3D TV for a few years then. I'm both happy and sad about that.
Or buy a Panasonic this holiday season and get Avatar. And retail 3d releases of movies are starting to show up in stores finally.

StuBurns

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Or buy a Panasonic this holiday season and get Avatar. And retail 3d releases of movies are starting to show up in stores finally.
I'm not buying a nice big 3DTV. I was going to buy a little twenty something LCD one. But no Avatar and certainly a no buy. Although I guess I could get a copy used I imagine.

Solo

StuBurns said:
Well, I certainly won't be buying a 3D TV for a few years then. I'm both happy and sad about that.

3D TVs aren't worth owning until autostereoscopic sets are on the market anyways, and that is still several years off.

StuBurns

Banned
Solo said:
3D TVs aren't worth owning until autostereoscopic sets are on the markey anyways, and that is still several years off.
A nice big real one aren't yeah, but a little monitor one, for single person use is fine to me. I wouldn't be investing in a big expensive one till autostereoscopic ones are out and refined yeah.

Dead said:
Get out of my head Sculli! I just finished reading that article and was about to post it :lol

007_Danny_The_Shining.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Solo said:
Amazon will have my Avatar set to me sometime between Wedneday and Friday. So close!
Mine was meant to come today, they managed to get my dad's Christmas present here, but not Avatar, pathetic service they're running.

Solo

Mr. Sam said:
But we even have Prime in the UK. This is troublesome. No, wait, it's the other thing - not troublesome.

For all I know we do have it in Canada now and Ive just never noticed. I don't need release date delivery anyways. I can wait 2-3 days. It could be a month before I have the time to sit down and delve into all the features anyways.

GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB

Scullibundo said:
Except for 'You Don't Dream in Cryo'. Fucking nailed that epic introduction to Pandora with the ghostly vocals.
Yup, though I'd include that in the Pandoran set of themes; at least, I meant to include it with that description. But either way, it's more the military/action music I am apathetic to (with the exception of a certain cue - you know which one - that I'm not sure I'll ever forgive Horner for).

Dead

well not really...yet
Im pretty sure Horner isn't responsible for that, but rather Cameron.

Also, the Earth opening has new music thats not even in the 5CD recordings leak apparently, so I cant wait to hear that.

JB1981

GhaleonEB said:
Yup, though I'd include that in the Pandoran set of themes; at least, I meant to include it with that description. But either way, it's more the military/action music I am apathetic to (with the exception of a certain cue - you know which one - that I'm not sure I'll ever forgive Horner for).

You talkin' bout the Aliens cue? My brother picked up on that immediately, didn't even know it was the same composer ....

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
The music that kicks in when they climb the floating mountains is heavenly. Unmatched.

Wait, let's read that again. Floating fucking mountains you guys. And ultra-realistic to boot. In awesome 3D. Just think about that for a sec....That's what Cameron did with Avatar. That's why this fucking film is the most successful film of all time.

Dead

well not really...yet
NightBlade88 said:
Dreamhunt scene? o_O
It was originally supposed to be Jakes final ritual to become one of the Na'vi

He basically goes through an Acid drug trip induced by some goopy worm that he chews on while being stung by a Pandoran Arachnid

edit: thanks Tyrant, sounds good.

DonMigs85

Dead said:
It was originally supposed to be Jakes final ritual to become one of the Na'vi

He basically goes through an Acid drug trip induced by some goopy worm that he chews on while being stung by a Pandoran Arachnid

edit: thanks Tyrant, sounds good.
I wonder how that could work - it's not like his own human brain is receiving the drugs, but I guess anything administered to the avatar brain transmits back too?

Dead

well not really...yet
DonMigs85 said:
I wonder how that could work - it's not like his own human brain is receiving the drugs, but I guess anything administered to the avatar brain transmits back too?
Its probably being transmitted since in the script Grace says that they don't know the effects of the "drug" on the human brain, and in some instance its even killed a few Na'vi.

Man

Avatar EE is superb. Still watching but oh so mesmerizing.
I would love to see a full feature film located on Earth.

jett

D-Member
One part in the extended/special edition where they got a little lazy was in the music department. For the new Sturmbeest Hunt scene they reused the themes from the final battle verbatim, I guess Mr. Horner wasn't available. :p

You know what else, after watching it just a few days ago on the big screen I spit on those BD screens. *spits*

Dead

well not really...yet
jett said:
One part in the extended/special edition where they got a little lazy was in the music department. For the new Sturmbeest Hunt scene they reused the themes from the final battle verbatim, I guess Mr. Horner wasn't available. :p

You know what else, after watching it just a few days ago on the big screen I spit on those BD screens. *spits*
Horner actually did record music for the Hunt. I guess Cameron just didn't want to use it.

Bit-Bit

Just saw the extended version. Holy shit. The earth scenes are so beautiful. It rivals the pandora night scenes for me. Also, they showed more of Jakes personality regarding him being a hero.

Graces story regarding her school was sad and helped to flesh out her character.

Can't wait to start watching the deleted footage and featurettes.

jett

D-Member
Dead said:
Horner actually did record music for the Hunt. I guess Cameron just didn't want to use it.

Oh, hmm. I guess so.

BTW does anyone know what other scenes were added to the extended edition(compared to the re-release) besides the Earth opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom