• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: Book of Eli (GAF meltdown incoming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010488-book_of_eli/

Total review:

48% (Rotten)
Reviews Counted:103
Fresh:49Rotten:54
Average Rating:5.5/10

Cream of the Crop:

52% (Rotten)
Reviews Counted:29
Fresh:15Rotten:14
Average Rating:5.7/10

Consensus: It's certainly uneven, and many viewers will find that its reach exceeds its grasp, but The Book of Eli finds the Hughes brothers injecting some fresh stylish fun into the kind of post-apocalyptic wasteland filmgoers have seen more than enough of lately.

:(

GhaleonEB

I'm going to hit the local late show tomorrow, for the Whitta. But I'll admit I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, because I'm not impressed with the promotional spots.

I also have a feeling it's going to get Avatar'd at the box office. :(

Glad for Gary, and looks like he's having the time of his life.

I heard a review on ABC on the radio this morning that gave it a 2 out of 5 stars and said the movie was pretty bleh until the last 10 minutes and then if you sat down and thought about those last 10 minutes, it made the whole movie dumb. I felt bad for Gary when I heard that.

KHarvey16

Positive reviews from a lot of good critics though. It's looking like people either "get it" or they don't, and that informs their review. I'll have to see it before I can say much more, but that's just the feeling a get from reading what's out there. Anyone who explains the theme in a way that Gary seems to agree comes away more often positive than not.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Well of course movies are a collaborative effort, had there been GAF members all along the chain....

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Book of Eli is GAF's movie. These critics haven't played Fallout and they aren't looking forward to an apocalyptic-age.

Ceebs

Marty Chinn said:
I heard a review on ABC on the radio this morning that gave it a 2 out of 5 stars and said the movie was pretty bleh until the last 10 minutes and then if you sat down and thought about those last 10 minutes, it made the whole movie dumb. I felt bad for Gary when I heard that.
I just came back from an early morning showing. I felt the exact opposite. The majority of the movie was quite good, the end just was a bit too heavy handed for me though. I can see the 3 out of 4 reviews being about spot on.

Congrats nonetheless Gary, hope to see many more penned by you. I get the feeling it will get some solid word of mouth from the south and midwest as well.

Kevtones

Who cares? I'm supporting it because I want to support it. If I enjoy the movie, even better. Regardless, it's fantastic that Gary had his script produced, that's an accomplishment in itself. The fact that he's such a regular poster around here is one of the cooler things about GAF.

Bit-Bit

Marty Chinn said:
No, it's Gary Whitta, who wrote the movie and is a GAFer.

On a different note, The San Jose Mercury News gave it 2 stars but at least it listed Gary's name in the stats so that was cool to see.

Uh..... the joke went that way. --->

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
These "critics" gave Speed Racer a 29%. I've long since stopped referring to reviews.

Solo

Chances are I wont be at the theatres again until Shutter Island. Sorry, Gary. I wont see a GAFFER's movie solely because its a GAFFER's movie. It has to make me want to see it.

totowhoa

Banned
Can't wait to see it tomorrow. Reviews seem very love-it-or-hate-it. The good reviews make it sound like it'll be right up my alley, too.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You know, there are plenty of movies that have done bad critically that I love, so when critic's reviews are good, I know I should really see the movie, but when they are average, I don't let it bother me.

If I think it looks good, I will go see it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sklorenz said:
Can't wait to see it tomorrow. Reviews seem very love-it-or-hate-it. The good reviews make it sound like it'll be right up my alley, too.
Gonna go see it today. Cannot wait.

gdt

Solo said:
Chances are I wont be at the theatres again until Shutter Island. Sorry, Gary. I wont see a GAFFER's movie solely because its a GAFFER's movie. It has to make me want to see it.

?

I saw your one man dance interpretation of Speed Racer only because you are a GAFfer.

You should return the favor, dude.

hednik4am

Lord Error said:
The other day it was at 18% and I felt bad for Gary. ~50% is not so bad actually.

He soldme on it when he did the 4 guys podcast. I've always been a hughes brothers fan ( loved from hell and menace to society) so I going to have to give it a shot.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Solo said:
Some positive words of encouragement there

Clevinger

My brother and I are going tonight. It hasn't looked that good and a lot of the reviews don't help, but I'll keep an open mind.

Another thread? You asked for it:

The Huffington Post said:
Despite the many biblical references, Eli is not a "religious" movie. Rather is speaks volumes how one book can be interpreted for good or evil depending on the hands it falls in.

Washington does the hand-to-hand combat himself without the aid of stunt-doubles. Given the lack of action heroes in his age group, one can truly say a new butt-kicking action-star has arrived.

Moving bodies are stabbed and tossed around, but there is a kind of poetry and beauty in the movements, like watching a ballet, albeit with sounds of blades slicing.

There is an especially clever 6th Sense-type of an ending, so be sure to pay attention to detail, or else go back and watch the movie again to see the subtleties you missed.

After playing good guys in the Batman and Harry Potter films, it's nice to Oldman playing his signature bad guy role. The mano-a-mano between these two powerful actors is nice to watch on screen and makes you wonder why these two have not worked together sooner.

It's wonderful to see the Hughes Brothers back to work in movie. The duo has not shot a film since 2001's From Hell. After viewing "Eli," one realizes how much their presence was missed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zorianna-kit/book-of-eli-movie-review_b_421903.html

IFC.com said:
...some major nods to "A Boy and His Dog," "Mad Max," spaghetti westerns, samurai pictures, the Zatoichi series, "Fahrenheit 451" and even "Deadwood." Washington fills "The Book of Eli" with a quiet power... infinitely watchable and layered, so vigorous and yet so subtle. So, when either hacking off hands or blowing a bad guy's brains out or observing, listening and smelling, he's calm, he's cool, he's not fucking around.
http://www.ifc.com/news/2010/01/the-good-book.php?page=1

Reel Cleveland said:
The Book of Eli is more than just a good action film... does a good job of walking the middle ground between the pulpy entertainment of The Road Warrior and the more serious-minded vision of the end of the world seen in The Road.

The very first fight in the film, a battle between Eli and a gang of thugs shown entirely in silhouette, is particularly arresting. But the Hughes brothers are aiming for more than just an action film here. Yes, they want to entertain us, but they also want us to think about religion and the ways it can be used for both good and evil. It’s clear that this is a movie that believes religion is, in the end, mostly a positive force. That said, the film is also very much aware of the dangers inherent in religion as embodied by Carnegie.
http://www.clevescene.com/blogs/reel-cleveland/

Kyle Smith (New York Post) said:
The movie is ingeniously designed, the action set pieces are well-executed and it has wit (who would have guessed what the last 45 rpm record in the world might be?). It’s also got guns galore. It’s like “The Road Warrior” as rewritten by St. Paul.
http://kylesmithonline.com/

The Movie Minute said:
Denzel Washington brings a remarkably intriguing gravity to the mysterious role of Eli, a man left roaming the devastated landscape of America, some 30 years after a religious war and blinding flash... shrewdly, Gary Whitta’s screenplay won’t just settle for the standard. Thanks to Washington’s star wattage and acting smarts, we find ourselves drawn to this strange traveler. And once he bumps into Gary Oldman’s megomaniacal fellow reader, things really begin to get interesting. For sure, there’s tons of heated action, but there’s a chilling moral struggle that’s just as much a part of the reality here, too.

I’m not going to oversell this, but, I, for one, was surprised at how this movie grew on me as it forged along. I found myself actually caring about Eli and impressed at how ambitious the story line and production values were. And no, I’m not going to give it away, but, yes, there is a goodie bag of an ending that just might knock your socks off and give you a lot to think about as you head back into this paralleling bone chilling cold of 2010.
http://www.themovieminute.com/movies.html

The Arizona Republic said:
Grimly satisfying, "The Book of Eli" plays out like the film version of a great graphic novel that no one ever got around to writing... this is Washington at his most tail-kicking, if occasionally comic-book, intense - brooding, silent until pushed too far. Throw in the stylized look of the ruined landscape and you have a most agreeable film.
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/movies/articles/2010/01/13/20100113eli0115.html

SciFi Wire said:
The Book of Eli is the best of the post-apocalyptic movies. It's the most thrilling of the post-apocalyptic thrillers. It's the most exciting post-apocalyptic thriller I've ever seen. Yes, I've seen The Road Warrior. This is madder than Mad Max and more legendary than I Am Legend. I'm just blatantly praising the hell out of this one. There's not a single moment I didn't like in this movie. This is a thrill ride with something to say.

This is a perfect movie to me. Brilliant and masterpiece are not words I use lightly, but Book of Eli would have been the best movie of 2009 if it had come out a month ago. You won't see a more compelling movie all year. Combining the sophisticated and visceral, The Book of Eli can thrill our souls and stimulate our minds.
http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/whats-madder-than-mad-max.php

Big Hollywood said:
This wildly entertaining, ultra-violent, post-Apocalyptic tale of a lone wanderer named Eli (Denzel Washington) who will defend the mysterious book in his possession at all costs is one of the oddest yet most forthright faith-based films to ever come out of a major studio... (Denzel Washington) has placed his clout squarely behind his beliefs to create a film that adds plenty of spiritual substance and feeling to what might otherwise have been a time-worn template for predictability. Hollywood has created a genre film that delivers on hardcore action while hardly settling as a by-the-book exercise.
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/c...-of-eli-finds-perfect-mix-of-action-religion/

North County Times said:
'Book of Eli' reads as familiar, but still original
It's a wham-bam kind of physical action film, but it also lingers on ideas and performances, and finds pockets of knowing humor, evidenced in the music and some of the asides. "The Book of Eli" boasts a muscular originality - it won't be dismissed easily, and the Hughes brothers pay attention to details. They don't take the easy way out.
http://www.nctimes.com/entertainment/movies/article_ccd5a9fd-8e0b-5c39-88d7-81aecc01d745.html

scifimoviepage said:
The Hughes Brothers craft a compellingly abrasive tone of moral manipulation to embellish the traditional maneuvers of violence, as Eli defends his secret tome from would-be thieves and crusty scoundrels. The Book of Eli finds an appropriate downbeat tone of decimated humanity, framed and monochromatically color-timed in the manner of a graphic novel.

The book in question is representative of both unfettered evil and reassuring containment, and screenwriter Gary Whitta works in a superior amount of anxiety on both sides of the coin, showing Eli’s dogged determination and hinting at Carnegie’s sinister plans of mind-control. It’s a clever script that turns faith into a game of sorts, with only one possible pawn at play, but it’s a time-tested doozy of an upper hand once under complete control. The Hughes Brothers tart up the thematic lunge with a fitting display of bloodshed and shoot-outs.

The picture is satisfactorily atmospheric and often challenging, perhaps even unintentionally chilling in its closing statement of devotion.
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/book_of_eli-review.html

The Chicago Tribune said:
A lean, stark, surprisingly effective headliner in Hollywood’s ongoing apoc-a-pa-looza, “The Book of Eli” marks a return to form for co-directors Allen and Albert Hughes, and what they’ve made here, from a script by Gary Whitta, is a sly Old Testament “Mad Max”-y sort of Western, pitting star and producer Denzel Washington as a high plains drifter with God on his side.

What I appreciate about “The Book of Eli” is its scale. Shot on nimble, lightweight Red digital cameras, the film may traffic in familiar landscapes and archetypes, but it allows its cast the space and time to make the characters breathe. Eli’s first full-on slaughter of bloodthirsty roadside thugs is shown in a cleverly sustained single take, in silhouette. Very satisfying. Gory, but satisfying.

For some, this genre picture will come with the bonus of its conspicuous and heavy-duty religiosity. It is about the Word, and who controls it. But “The Book of Eli” works, even if the preservation of Christianity isn’t high on your personal post-apocalypse bucket list. Establishing its storytelling rules clearly and well, the film simply is better, and better-acted, than the average end-of-the-world fairy tale.
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/talking_pictures/2010/01/the-book-of-eli-3-stars.html

Roger Ebert said:
The Book of Eli is very watchable. You won't be sorry you went. It grips your attention, and then at the end throws in several WTF! Moments, which are a bonus.

The Hughes brothers have a vivid way with imagery here; the film looks and feels good, and Washington's performance is the more uncanny the more we think back over it.
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100113/REVIEWS/100119990

Richard Roeper said:
Spiritually intriguing, bold, audacious... Denzel Washington is fantastic... Mila Kunis is particularly strong... one of the things I really admire about this film is that it asks us to take a bold leap of faith... it's a bold stance for a mainstream Hollywood film to take. It works on all levels.
http://www.richardroeper.com/

boxoffice.com said:
The Book of Eli takes the violent, gritty feel of a Spaghetti Western, marries it with elements of The Road, places it in the future and gives it a spiritual twist. The Hughes Brothers (Menace II Society, From Hell) have chosen Eli as their first film in nearly a decade and though it certainly delivers all the fireworks you might come to expect from their earlier work, its religious undertones separate it from the pack and make it a must-see for Bible-belters too.

Washington is at the top of his game, comfortably fitting into the loner role with ease and authority. Oldman is wickedly good in full evil mode. Kunis is ideally cast in the key female role, while Jennifer Beals does nicely in a less defined role as Carnegie’s blind wife. Other supporting roles are well played: Frances de la Tour and Michael Gambon are refreshing comic relief as an odd old couple Eli encounters.

With riveting action that never stops, The Book of Eli gets the year off to a spectacularly exciting start at the movies and should keep turnstiles turning.
http://boxoffice.com/reviews/2010/01/the-book-of-eli.php

The Onion AV Club said:
Working from a script by Gary Whitta, the Hughes brothers, Albert and Allen, have made a stark affirmation of faith as a guiding light for a broken, lawless civilization, but to their credit, the film stops well short of proselytizing. In their world, there’s no intrinsic good in Bible-thumpers spreading the word; it all depends on who’s doing the thumping.

The Book Of Eli takes the form of an ultra-violent graphic novel, with Washington as a steely Man With No Name type who cuts a righteous path through the gullets of sinners and savages. At a time when theaters are experiencing a glut of doomsday scenarios, the Hughes’ ashen, bombed-out future world looks a little too familiar, no matter how crisply they present it. But the showdown between Washington and a deliciously hammy Oldman complicates the film’s overt religiosity, making it less a testament to a Christian God than to the power of the written word. Its hero may be on a mission from above, but in a refreshing twist, the fate of mankind rests with the literate.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-book-of-eli,37086/

The Philadelphia Enquirer said:
The force of this haunting allegory from Albert and Allen Hughes (Menace II Society, From Hell) is its argument that spiritual sustenance may be more critical for survival than the comestible sort... threaded through "Eli"'s story is the importance of books in building and rebuilding civilization.

The Book of Eli employs the genre conventions of the western to make mythic its principal character. Washington, ever potent, brings to the role the full force of his thousand-mile stare and regenerative smile. His pilgrim of the postapocalypse sees beyond his immediate rut and a world that's bigger than himself. In a word, "Eli" is inspirational.
http://www.philly.com/philly/entert...hington_a_mythic_postapocalyptic_pilgrim.html

FilmGordon said:
While “The Hughes Brothers latest film, “The Book of Eli” has been marketed as a sci-fi, post-apocolyptic thriller in reality it really is an old-fashioned western that tells the fascinating tale of one man on a specific mission to save humanity and atone for his sins. Denzel Washington may have given better performances but none as important as his work in this simply, yet highly-stylized film.

With startlingly effective cinemtography from Don Burgess and gritty direction from the Hughes Brothers, this “Mad Max” meets “The Road” is a winning combination. Washington, who had many important films in his magnificient award-winning career may have produced his most personal work – and that may be a miracle in itself!
http://filmgordon.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/reel-shorts-the-book-of-eli/

Mick LaSalle said:
The Hughes brothers get us ready for a wallow in postapocalyptic gloom, but their movie doesn't stay bleak and meditative - nor simply ugly, with flashes of violence. Instead, they give us a dynamic story, sprinkled with some interesting ideas about the preciousness of culture and how societies might rebuild themselves.

2.0.gif

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/01/14/MOFN1BH6CR.DTL

The Pitt News said:
'The Book of Eli' puts a new spin on the apocalypse

The action sequences are impressive — even excessively violent at times — but it is the story that will keep viewers interested. The Hughes brothers use the characters and scenery to enhance the story, not dominate it. Instead of letting flashy special effects run the show, the plot is what really drives the film.

On the whole, “The Book of Eli” is an all-around good film and will satisfy action fans and film critics alike.
http://www.pittnews.com/article/2010/01/14/book-eli-puts-new-spin-apocalypse

Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel said:
In its most profound moments, "Eli" dazzles, combining meticulous art, cutting-edge technology and big-bigger-biggest ideas. There's Christian death-metal ennui in Don Burgess' midnight-sun photography - even during an effects-assisted homestead assault that could be the most impressive single shot you'll see at cinemas this year.

Best of all, "The Book of Eli" has none of "I Am Legend's" sniffling sensitivity. It's more brutal than "Road Warrior" and completely unlike "Waterworld," if you were concerned.

The Hughes brothers, who also co-directed "From Hell," lovingly reference Trigun anime cartoons, video games such as "Fallout 3" and classic dystopian literature, most notably Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451." They have painted a gorgeously illustrated picture-book of landscapes made barren by politicized religion, where faith is salvation's last frontier.

3/4 stars
http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/movies/81520147.html

Devin Faraci said:
Denzel is completely badass here, and he's badass in a way that he never has been before, in the way that only samurai are badass. He's calm and lethal and quick and decisive. He smells his foes from afar. He's one of those characters who, when he faces off against the hundred enemies makes you feel bad for the hundred.

Even with its weaknesses, Book of Eli is commendable for tackling some ideas while also maintaining a coolness that's too rare in these days. It's nice to see a truly kickass hero who isn't a wise cracker, a kid learning the ropes, a misfit done good or any of the other boring Hollywood tropes that have become popular in the last few decades. It's nice to see a movie with a kickass hero who is honorable and just and will fuck you up so bad you'll be in two halves before you even know you're dead.
http://chud.com/articles/articles/22164/1/REVIEW-BOOK-OF-ELI/Page1.html

Ain't It Cool News said:
It is bordering on brilliant. There is so much subtlety to what the Hughes Brothers have included here that I’m not certain it’s all attainable with a single first pass. I’m not ready to deem this a classic, but I will say that as far as post-apocalyptic films go, this is one of the very best.

Everything about this movie is executed perfectly. The big question is whether or not you are with where the film goes in its third act as it reveals everything it has been keeping from you from minute one. The film has a number of big surprises, a few of which will have you wanting to rewatch it to see how the integrity of the film holds up once you know what you will. I myself can’t wait to revisit this as soon as possible.

THE BOOK OF ELI is a wonderful film, a dark, brutal addition to a subgenre with only a handful of real classics. If you are in any way a fan of films like THE ROAD WARRIOR, or hell, even 1992: BRONX WARRIORS, you owe it to yourself to see this as soon as you can. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43649

cinematropolis said:
Denzel is God’s samurai in ‘The Book of Eli’
You can cite the western if you want, but Eli’s poise, resolve and code of combat suggest the bushido of a wandering ronin. Throw in brutal but fluid action sequences, an interesting and thought provoking spiritual subtext, and you have the best post-apocalyptic thrill ride since The Road Warrior. I personally loved the film and was surprised by how effective it’s spiritual angle ends up being. I walked away thinking that this was the first time I felt any sense of uplift at the end of an apocalypse movie. And that indeed is something to take note of.
http://cinematropolis.wordpress.com...ng-denzel-is-gods-samurai-in-the-book-of-eli/

Collider said:
The Hughes Brothers have created a solid western and done so in a clever fashion by putting it beneath the guise of a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It’s a confident film that trusts the story its telling and how it’s being told. If you don’t mind the promotion of extreme measures resulting from blind faith, then you should show some thanks to The Book of Eli for being an exciting, well-made, clever film. Blessed be the western. Amen.
http://www.collider.com/2010/01/15/the-book-of-eli-review/

The Denver Post said:
Let the arguments begin about the religious messages woven into "The Book of Eli." In the meantime, prepare for a stylish, gritty fantasy feature that wrestles with the agonies, joys and eternal wrinkles of faith and evil and the dangerous minuet they do.
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14183089

PopMatter said:
‘Book of Eli’ is Fascinating, Faith-Based Vision
Perhaps the best thing about The Book of Eli though is its throwback mentality. This is a movie reminiscent of the way science fiction used to be, before the days of interstellar dogfights and galaxy wide war. One could easily see a grizzled and suntanned Charleton Heston roaming these deserted highways, face covered to avoid the ever-present fallout but eyes piercing the next point of contact. Unlike other attempts at showcasing how rationality is restored in a society destroyed by chaos (say, The Postman), The Book of Eli never loses sight of its strategy. This is not some veiled star vehicle for an A-list ego to traverse. This is a real movie with real meaning. Some will miss the message and that’s perfectly acceptable. As long as we believe in Eli, and he believes in his quest, said faith will take us, and this movie, far indeed. Problem is, we might not like where it leads, or what it says about us as it does.
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/post/119024-book-of-eli-is-fascinating-faith-based-vision/

Manohla Dargis said:
The Hughes Brothers stage one early fight for entirely in silhouette, so that the arcs of spurting gore appear black, not red. Like all the fight sequences, this one is highly stylized: set inside a tunnel with the camera low and the sky serving as an illuminated backdrop, it looks like a page out of a comic come to animated life. The graphic simplicity of this scene works not only because it’s visually striking, but also because it’s a part of a meaningful piece in a story in which everything, nature and civilization included, has been stripped away.
http://movies.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/movies/15eli.html

Solo

Schattenjagger said:
Some positive words of encouragement there

Its not like Im trolling, just being honest in saying that the trailers/commercials shown havent done it for me. I will back away slowly now.

ToxicAdam

I think it may do better than some people suspect. I feel like people are Avatar'd out and looking for a new action movie to sate their thirst. I know I would pick this movie to watch instead of a third viewing of Avatar. But, I won't have time for a movie this weekend, so it will have to wait.

Anyone have a clue of what would be a good January opening for this movie? 20-30 million?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Solo said:
If I could sit through Scary movies. So would I. Shutter Island looks so good. Instead of waiting till March to return. I will definitely give this a go on Netflix when it comes out.

But I did hear some positive buzz for it on the Radio(Yes...I listen to the radio for music). They were talking about how many seeing it came out enjoying it. So it could be one critics pan but people love.

LCfiner

:lol Gary’s epic post.

I’ll be checking this out in a week or two. looking forward to it. Have faith in The Kunis.

JGS

Banned
I was upset reading the review in my paper. The critic (Roger Moore I think) basically said his review was low because The Road was better and this came out too soon after it.

I wonder how many other less candid reviewers or doing this?

I want to like this movie because I enjoy post apocalyptic fiction but Eli having a working iPod 30 years after the world goes to shit is completely retarded and does not give me much hope.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I'm going to go see it Monday morning to avoid the massive crowds flocking to see what this GAF thing is all about.

I assume this movie is about Bishop's and Red Scarlet's fight against the Junior Member Horde and the book is the TOS.. but for some reason you couldn't get Jackson to play the role.

Just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was excellent, great job Whitta!

I know people have different opinions and all but I don't know what some of these critics watched that would justify them shitting on this movie. I thought the story was interesting all the way through, it was well paced, the action scenes were well choreographed (no generic shaky cam crap), and it wrapped up with a solid ending. Even the religious stuff was handled with good taste, not heavy-handed like a lot of other movies where it plays a significant part.

Don't listen to the haters this movie is quality entertainment...

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Whaaa? I thought the score would be much higher. Every critic I care about gave it something like an 8/10.

abq

DanteFox said:
can someone explain this movie's connection to GAF? I hadn't heard of this movie until recently.
The screenwriter, Gary Whitta, used to be in games journalism and is a gaffer.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I liked some of the previews, but some of the other ones make it seem pretty blah. I am hoping, for the good of GAF that it is good. My wife loves Denzel so we will be seeing it together soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom