• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: The Pokemon. All 721 of them, and counting.

Bladenic

I had both Gastrodon and Floatzel were both on my team in Pearl. Floatzel actually stayed on past Gastrodon. I still had to drop him before E4 cuz he couldn't survive a single hit seemingly and he couldn't KO in one hit.

If I wasn't a "Water Starter For Life" player, Buizel would have definitely kept it's spot on my Pearl team.

tumblr_nh97htGgh01sr6y44o1_500.gif

tumblr_nbvbyiQwb71rpn9eno1_500.gif

WarAdept

For some reason I always thought Buizel was the final form name. Buizel has a better sounding name and design anyway.

I'm using Floatzel now. Imagine my surprise at his back sprite:

Spr_b_4d_419_m.png

I was taken aback, it's a very ferocious pose, reminiscent of some Gen 1 sprites.

Also it's super handy having a fast water Pokemon (even if it makes Aqua Jet kinda redundant). Dude cannot take a hit though, so I basically pray for a Crunch DEF drop before it dies.

brinstar

One thing I appreciate about Buizel and Floatzel is that they aren't colored like the typical Water-Type.

Never used 'em myself.

♪What does that monkey like to play?♪
♪Ping Pong! Ping Pong!♪
♪That monkey Ash trades away.♪
♪Ping Pong! Ping Pong!♪

But seriously, Buizel should have evolved.

Crayolan

Buizel line is okay, I'm not a big fan but I don't dislike them either. At the very least, they're probably the best water type Sinnoh has to offer. And Buizel is definitely the better design of the two.

I used a Floatzel in my original Diamond playthrough and it was pretty decent, enough so to overshadow Empoleon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like Buizel too!

and yeah why Ash's Buizel never evolved bothers me, apparently it was the bruiser

then again he has the same personality as Ash's Corphish and it didn't evolve too

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
We're still awhile off from Sinnoh's GOAT Water-type...

But I gotta apologize to Mothim, the next Pokemon is truly the most forgettable Sinnoh Pokemon---because I forgot about it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I used Buizel and Floatzel on my Diamond team and they were amazing, plus Buizel looked cute and when it evolved into Floatzel he looked a badass

but what did surprise folks was that it ended up under the command of Dawn. A lot of fans were extremely bothered by this because at that point, all of Dawn's Pokemon were cute and "girly", and Buizel totally went against that as not only was he a bit tougher looking, his personality was basically akin to that of Ash's Treecko. Eventually, like many fans had speculated, Ash traded his "girly" Aipom for Dawn's "manly" Buizel and the universe was set right, though I'll admit I was sort of disappointed the writers couldn't let the two have Pokemon who went against the usual gender roles.

I hated that the writer did that, Ash should have caught Buizel and kept Aipom and rotated between Gligar, Aipom and Gible.

Palkia
is a water type.

No one loves
Palkia

I love Palkia, then again I love all 722 Pokémon.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Definitely not the Mega Evolutions though!

Ha ha yeah, though that's because they aren't Pokémon and more of a burst mode form change.

But I don't hate them I just don't care for them as they appeal more towards the meta-game, something that I don't partake in.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I love both Buizel and Floatzel's designs. Like someone said, it's cool when they break the colour tradition for types, orange on a water type looks really good and makes them stand out more. I hope whenever the make a Platypus Poke, they don't make it blue. The amount of blue platypus Fakemon I've seen will make the reveal that less ace. I think the gen 6 starters, well Fenekin and Chespin, are also good examples. Fenekin being yellow while Chespin being primarily brown makes them stand out from the other starters,
Anyway, yeah, the Buizel line is ace. I always saw them as a counterpart to the Croagunk line even though they're not placed next to one another in the dex. I just think their designs mesh really well with one another.

I love Floatzel. Otters are cool (even if he's supposed to be a weasel), and like many others have said, it's cool that he's a water type that isn't typical blue. He was also surprisingly viable competitively in DP and could still make some waves in BW. He doesn't do as well anymore with the changes to weather, so I'm hoping he gets a Mega that makes him competitive again.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They kinda rectified that, with Pancham being a manly character but in Serena. Ash doesn't seem to have a female though (Talonflame is the only mon whose gender is unconfirmed, though some hints imply she is a girl), so his team is a sausage-fest.

Oh, oh i might go watch now.

Is the dub far behind or should i just find subs? Also is mega evolution a big deal or is that kept to movies and specials?

Subs.

Also mega evo is big deal and part of the series.

Vuapol

Buizel and Floatzel are dope. Never used them, but I am still a fan. Who doesn't like otters?

...I legitimately forgot Cherubi existed. I did not forget about Finneon, mostly because of the jokes about it being so forgettable, so therefore that makes Cherubi the most forgettable. Huh.

Daemul

They kinda rectified that, with Pancham being a manly character but in Serena. Ash doesn't seem to have a female though (Talonflame is the only mon whose gender is unconfirmed, though some hints imply she is a girl), so his team is a sausage-fest.

Tbh I'm guilty of this same shit, nearly all of my in game teams are sausage fests, I only have a girl Pokemon if the appearance is feminine like Lopunny, or if her species is female only like Lilligant, otherwise it's all dudes lol.

I'm trying to remember why I started sticking to mostly male Pokemon, I think it was something to do with trying to simulate going on a long ass road trip with your bros.

I've been playing Pokemon Sinking Sapphire lately, a mod of Alpha Sapphire with high leveled trainer Pokemon and strategies. I've been having way more fun than I've had with Pokemon since Pokemon Pearl, which reminds me that Pokemon Pearl is my favourite Pokemon game and generation and the more I play ORAS, the more I wish we got a remake of DPP.

Anyway, Finneon and Lumineon are the most forgettable Pokemon to me. They were the only pokemon that I had to search for in Pearl in order to get the National Dex and I was like "who am I missing here?" during quite a while.

I used Floatzel in Diamond and he was named Hoff, actually lol

A solid member of my story mode team.

I forget this line actually has gender differences.

Oh yeah, that's right, females have one "bump" on thier back while males have two. Probably forgotten because it's only noticeable when you view their back. I honestly wish there were more drastic variations like West and East Gastrodon, but I still like little stuff as long as they're noticeable. I don't want those hard to compare ones like Mamoswine with the female having smaller tusks.

Xux

Buizel and Floatzel are pretty cute. I used Floatzel in Pearl and it was a perfectly fine Water-type. I always associate Aqua Jet with Floatzel for some reason (like how I associate Water Pulse with Pelipper) even if it isn't that great since it's pretty fast.

Next Pokemon feels incomplete.
These guys huh.

Not sure what to say. I have never used them in-game. I don't dislike them, I don't find them particularly boring, and yet I have nothing to say about them because I have zero experience with them. They just kinda exist in another dimension for me.

How on Earth do you find Excadrill boring? It's a mole that transforms into a drill. And it's 2 feet tall. That's adorable!
The drill part's neat. I just think it's otherwise a really standard mole Pokemon design. Better than shitsville Dugtrio for sure but I can't help be reminded that one of my favorite and somewhat similar big claw ground-type Pokemon Sandslash keeps getting the shaft.

I'm a big fan of Pachirisu and had him on my in game Pearl team for as long as I could,but then switched him out for something that packed more of a punch. Having just watched that Worlds 2014 doubles match, I have come to realise that I had no idea what I was doing with him at all.

Damn, son.

Well I've been on a quest to complete the pokedex in my Omega Ruby lately, almost done with the Sinnoh portion, except for Cherubi and Cherrim. Apparently Cherubi is only available by breeding and Cherrim only shows up in one specific mirage spot. fml.

On another note Gamefreak needs to make evolution stones buyable through BP. I spent hours on that retarded Hydreigon balloon to get a sun stone. I don't know why they did that when they could just make something like PP ups or max revives or the elemental gems super training prizes instead.

Bladenic

Fire/Grass with Desolate Land.

In Gen IV, Flower Gift does not change Cherrim from Overcast Form into Sunshine Form. But they decided to change that in Gen V.

Wait what? So does Cherrim just always look terrible in that hideous cover up? Or does it go to sunshine form with Chlorophyll?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Grass types in D/P were really meh. Luckily Torterra and Roserade were awesome AF.

Wait what? So does Cherrim just always look terrible in that hideous cover up? Or does it go to sunshine form with Chlorophyll?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Grass types in D/P were really meh. Luckily Torterra and Roserade were awesome AF.

I always had a soft spot for Tangrowth. And Abomasnow is pretty awesome too. Other than that, there was Mayor McCheese... err, I mean Carnivine. And the least remembered eeveelution, in Leafeon.

EDIT TO ADD: Cherrim would change forms in DP even if the ability was suppressed. That was changed in later gens.

Top Bottom