• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] 1 year Playstation Plus for 33,33 € on december 6th

642071_1.jpg

deal was posted here

He says a collegue of his is working for Sony and he got this mail.

Please be true and lock if old.

Current link leads to an error message, saying the post was pulled.

Here is a Google cache of what used to be up

Why is PS+ more expensive than Xbox Live?

I can get 12 months of Live for, at most, £20. Right now it can be bought for £18.99.

Yet PS+ never seems to drop below £30. And from what I can make out it doesn't offer anything greater than Live.

Could really do with an Australian PS+ deal. Mine's about to expire and it's just not really worth $70 a year for me any more.

There's been a bunch of 20% off PSN Card sales in Australia the last few months so I've got $200 in credit sitting at home. Hopefully this deal carries through to the Australian store like most other EU things.

Why is PS+ more expensive than Xbox Live?

I can get 12 months of Live for, at most, £20. Right now it can be bought for £18.99.

Yet PS+ never seems to drop below £30. And from what I can make out it doesn't offer anything greater than Live.

A few years ago it was justified because they gotta pay for the games that they give out. This year though... the games are trash, but they know you have to buy it to play online so why charge less? The regular price of Plus is cheaper than Live Gold.

To those complaining you just bought a years worth, you can buy another years worth at the discount price and the amount of days will just be added to your sub, saves looking for a deal next year.

No matter how cheap this is, it's not worth to get a sub for a year, imo.

You need it to play online. Can't go without it when they're holding basic functionality hostage behind it.

And you need to have an active sub to play all the good PS3 and Vita games they gave out back in the day. Reminds you of the good days before they started giving indie platformers.

No matter how cheap this is, it's not worth to get a sub for a year, imo.

Really? I know PS+ has gone down in value fr a lot of people but if your a poster on Gaf and that into games, there's bound to be at least 5-6 titles a year that'll be great to play.

Throw in discounts for Plus members and I think at a cheaper price the service is decent value considering all you can rack up in a year.

My sub expires on the 6th. :eek:

Any consequences for letting my sub slip for at least a day? Other than not being able to play multiplayer on that day or access PS+ games?
When I resub, everything turns to normal again (game access, multiplayer, etc.)? Nothing is "lost" because of the lapse?

Any consequences for letting my sub slip for at least a day? Other than not being able to play multiplayer on that day or access PS+ games?
When I resub, everything turns to normal again (game access, multiplayer, etc.)? Nothing is "lost" because of the lapse?

You guessed right..

Just bought some UK money, hope it'll be there too.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

if you have P.T. you will lose it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I would jump on that. My sub should be expiring somewhat soon I think, and I do need PS+ (Rocket League!). A good game here and there is a nice bonus.

slash3584

Oh, they are? I didn't know this.

I'm based in the UK but have a US PSN account. Does this mean I have to buy a PSN card from the US if I want to get a sub?

I think PS+ it's shared between accounts if you set the Ps+ account as primary on your PS4.

So technically if you create an European account and set it on your PS4 as primary you can play online with the US one, but you won't be able to get the usual PS+ discounts on the US store.

Joni

I think PS+ it's shared between accounts if you set the Ps+ account as primary on your PS4.

So technically if you create an European account and set it on your PS4 as primary you can play online with the US one, but you won't be able to get the usual PS+ discounts on the US store.
It is okay if you have a PlayStation 3 and a PlayStation 4, it sucks for Vita which can only take a single account.

Joni

Germany probably doesn't celebrate Sinterklaas, so I'm guessing on the 12 Days of Christmas. If they start a day later than last year, which would fit as they usually start deals on Wednesday, it would be the third deal. It would also fit with the PlayStation Experience so explanations enough. Which would both point to it being a worldwide deal.

You need it to play online. Can't go without it when they're holding basic functionality hostage behind it.
That's true but I'm usually not playing that much online right now. Maybe that changes with SFV.

Really? I know PS+ has gone down in value fr a lot of people but if your a poster on Gaf and that into games, there's bound to be at least 5-6 titles a year that'll be great to play.
My honest answer is, that I didn't play any game for more than 5 minutes on ps+ besides Strider, Velocity 2 and Rocket League. And all those games weren't out in the same year.The only reason I resub is basically when I want to play online.

Germany probably doesn't celebrate Sinterklaas.
Is that what we basically celebrate called Nikolaus on the dec 6th?

Mine expires on the 4th, oh well, I will just buy it full price and if it goes on offer in the UK I can get it cheap and have it ready for next year. I can't be doing without online play on the weekend.

Top Bottom