• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Burnout Paradise Remastered coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Personally my favourite Burnout game was 2. ... you felt a lot more vulnerable in the first 2 Burnouts, and there was a huge element of risk/reward as your speed increased.
That's what I'm talking about. I love arcade racers in general, and I've had a lot of fun with the Burnout series as a whole, but I have quite a fondness towards 2.

For me personally it is because its open World. Open world dont go well together with a racing game. Same reason i dont like the Horizon games. Just aint fin driving around looking for races. Just a waste og time for me

There's an easy fix to this and I don't understand why its not done more often to satisfy both styles, it would be very simple imo. You can have both open world, or menu/map event selection in the same game. Those of us that don't want to waste our time driving to and from events are satisfied, and those than like to cruise around in an open world can do this too. I JUST WANT TO FUCKING RACE PLEASE.

Forza Horizon does this through the map you can bring up but you can't travel directly to every event and the cost to fast travel to some events is ludicrous. I hate how much random non racing time I have to spend in that game.

NFS Hot Pursuit kind of did this as well but I never cruised in the open world part so I can't say if you could find events that way too. This game satisfied my preferences perfectly but still gives that open world option.

Chessr

There's an easy fix to this and I don't understand why its not done more often to satisfy both styles, it would be very simple imo. You can have both open world, or menu/map event selection in the same game. Those of us that don't want to waste our time driving to and from events are satisfied, and those than like to cruise around in an open world can do this too. I JUST WANT TO FUCKING RACE PLEASE.

Forza Horizon does this through the map you can bring up but you can't travel directly to every event and the cost to fast travel to some events is ludicrous. I hate how much random non racing time I have to spend in that game.

NFS Hot Pursuit kind of did this as well but I never cruised in the open world part so I can't say if you could find events that way too. This game satisfied my preferences perfectly but still gives that open world option.

exactly. then we can play the way we want :)

EDarkness

If this comes out on the NS, then I'd pick it up since I want a good racing game on the system. It's EA, though, so I'm a little hesitant about that.

Artistic

Replaying Paradise on XB1, game holds up graphically and still is a lot of fun to play.

Could only imagine what it'll look like on One X hardware.

Harlock

I dont understand why everytime I listen a podcast people are complaining because want other Burnout games. Paradise was so great. Maybe they can add a map overlay to choose the race from anywhere. This seem to be one of complains.

Wonko_C

I dont understand why everytime I listen a podcast people are complaining because want other Burnout games. Paradise was so great. Maybe they can add a map overlay to choose the race from anywhere. This seem to be one of complains.

That is the least of its problems. Paradise felt repetitive because the races always ended at the same 8 destinations.

Zimmy68

It's the standard "the popular game that everyone likes is getting attention so let me tell you about the one I liked that got ignored. Also, since you ignored mine, yours sucks!"

Artistic

That is the least of its problems. Paradise felt repetitive because the races always ended at the same 8 destinations.
Never really noticed that issue lol, but I can see that being a problem. Map is probably small as far as recent open world racing games plus no fast travel kind of sucks too.

BibiMaghoo

It's the standard "the popular game that everyone likes is getting attention so let me tell you about the one I liked that got ignored. Also, since you ignored mine, yours sucks!"

I think there is a bit more to it here than that to be fair. Paradise was a huge departure from the series formula in terms of structure and to a lesser extent gameplay. That has to factor in quite highly as to why so many fans of the series take issue with the game. It is a sequel that changes the sub-genre of the series.

Ya I think its pretty clear that the series changed a lot from its previous entries and a switch to open world from traditional menu selection will always divide those that like open world and those that don't. I don't understand why more games don't just offer map fast travel event selection. My other main issue with it was not knowing where to go on races, there quite often was not enough of a marker to let you know where to go, and looking at the map constantly was asking to crash. Other than that I thought the game was just fine.

PRiSMiWi

It was awesome the thing that said to you where to go on races. It was a big blinking signal in the top screen. Probably didn’t you realise?

It was awesome the thing that said to you where to go on races. It was a big blinking signal in the top screen. Probably didn’t you realise?

I just watched some game play videos to refresh my memory and I'm not seeing what you're referring to tbh. There is the radar like yellow thing at the top but that doesn't tell you which routes to take. Am I missing something?

Luschient

Never played Paradise, Revenge was the last Burnout I put any time into.

Will definitely keep an eye out for this when it releases.

Still boot up my PS3 from time to time just to get an hour or two of this game in. I loved Takedown, of course, but Paradise was a really fun sequel that is not given its due by fans nostalgic of the PS2 era Burnout games.

Will ABSOLUTELY pick this up on Switch or PS4 depending on how much the games vary in quality. Also hoping for NEW DLC. Would be sweet!

Check minute 1 :)

You will see in the top side of the screen street names, they are blinking indicating that you have to turn.

Cheers

Ok ya I had seen the signs. I guess I have tunnel vision and find it hard to have to pay so much attention to the top but thats also probably about as good of a solution as there is for races in an open world.

I'll definitely give this another shot if it does get re released since arcade racing is basically non existent this gen other than sim crossovers like Forza and Driveclub, or shit shows like Need For Speeds.

TFGB

For me, Paradise remains the greatest arcade racer ever made. Massively addictive and huge amounts of fun.

I would prefer a sequel rather than a remaster though but can’t see that ever happening.

Agent X

I would prefer a sequel rather than a remaster though but can’t see that ever happening.

I'd really like a sequel, too. If the new releases of this game are successful, then perhaps it would convince EA's management to begin production of a totally new game in the series.

Artistic

It's a good time to do so with the PS4 Pro and now the One X available. Kind of surprised it took so long, even though Paradise had a lot of support post launch.

Should have played Most Wanted when I had a chance as well.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Hows about a Burnout Legacy HD collection for those who want it, and a Burnout Paradise Remix for the rest of us. :)

jamaniek

I honestly couldn't give less damn. From the trailer it just looks like they just bumped up the resolution. Not to mention that the 2, Takedown and Revenge would be a WAY better choice for a propoer remaster.

Last edited:
I don’t care about the graphics. I care about the gameplay and wanted a way to play old school Burnout on modern consoles.

I can already play the one shitty Burnout game (Burnout Paradise) on the Xbox One X using BC. So why did they remaster that one?

Why not remaster one of the good Burnouts?

That's what I'm talking about. I love arcade racers in general, and I've had a lot of fun with the Burnout series as a whole, but I have quite a fondness towards 2.

My favorite was Burnout Revenge (felt the most unrelentingly arcades) but I absolutely adored Burnout 2 and Burnout 3 as well. Each of those games felt different but enjoyable at the same time.

Paradise lost me and many others because it demanded users memorize the map, you couldn’t miss a turn or the event ends, and it takes you about 30 minutes of driving around to find an event that you actually want to play. I can’t for the life of me figure out how they made the decision to go this route. Take a beloved arcade series and add tedium and repetitive chores to it, why?

Would love nothing more than a remaster trilogy of Burnout 2, 3 and Revenge.

Last edited:
Im playing it in handheld, I honestly dont notice the lower resolution, it looks crisp as hell. Xenoblade Chronicles for example when I first turned on i was like wtf is this its so low res. To me Paradise looks the same as I remember it. The only time I see low res is vehicle select but only for motorcycles. You can see in their headlights its low but as soon as you get it out on the track the bike is high res again.

Top Bottom